Start by marking “BLUE HIGHWAYS Revisited” as Want to Read:
BLUE HIGHWAYS Revisited

BLUE HIGHWAYS Revisited

Media Kit

In 1978, William Least Heat-Moon made a 14,000-mile journey on the back roads of America, visiting 38 states along the way.In 1982, the popular Blue Highways, which chronicled his adventures, was published. Three decades later, Edgar Ailor III and his son, Edgar IV, retraced and photographed Heat-Moon’s route, culminating in Blue Highways Revisited, released for
Published May 25th 2012 by University of Missouri (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about BLUE HIGHWAYS Revisited, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BLUE HIGHWAYS Revisited

Kevin
May 03, 2016 Kevin rated it really liked it
The authors of this book present a beautiful collection of photographs along the original path of William Least Heat-Moons' journey in "Blue Highways" (30 years later). Quotes and page numbers from "Blue Highways" are included to tie the photos to the original book, in many cases including original black and white photos for comparison. In addition to visiting the places, the authors track down many of the people interviewed in the original book. It is both interesting and inspiring to see the p ...more
Ida
Oct 16, 2012 Ida rated it it was amazing
For anyone who wondered what became of the places and people mentioned in Blue Highways, this book catches you up. Beautiful photography, and amazing diligence in tracking down the details.
Monica Joseph
Sep 11, 2014 Monica Joseph rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I enjoyed discovering all those places with strange names like Dime box and Nameless. This author took the reader to obscure places off the beaten track and engaged with the folk he met. He captured the essence of the different states and I knew when I was in Tennessee and the different feel of being in New Mexico. This is wonderful travel writing and enduring over thirty years later. I highly recommend it and valuable if one is planning a trip around the USA.
Sara
Nov 04, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This was such a good book! After I read Blue Highways, I was very interested in finding out where some of these people mentioned in the book ended up. Were the bars and 3 calendar restaurants still out there somewhere? This book photographs William Least Heat-Moon's travels about 30 years later so I could see for myself what was still there and in some case, what Least Heat-Moon actually saw. The authors tracked down many of the people mentioned in Blue Highways and that was interesting. Beautif ...more
Marni
Jan 09, 2014 Marni rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful book that I bought for my husband. He has a very early edition of Blue Highways. I note in the introduction that Least Heat-Moon loaned his original negatives to be digitalized so the colors would be what he had seen on his journey. You can pick up the book and turn to any page and enjoy the pictures and story (from the original BH and what these authors discovered on their journey).
Marc
Apr 16, 2012 Marc rated it it was amazing
It's a coffee table book: glossy photos with some narrative and conversations with original characters. If you enjoyed BH by WLH-Moon, then you will enjoy these glorious colour images of the places Moon went.
Bad Cookie
Apr 15, 2013 Bad Cookie rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was cool seeing pictures of the places visited by the author of Blue Highways and to revisit the people he had spoken with and find out what's gone on in their lives.
Mark
Jul 01, 2013 Mark rated it really liked it
Good pictures.
Irene
Aug 31, 2012 Irene marked it as to-read
not read
Payton Fletcher
Payton Fletcher marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Emily Massoth
Emily Massoth marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Marshall
Marshall rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2016
Sue Cohlmeyer
Sue Cohlmeyer marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Raewyn
Raewyn marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
David
David rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Lee Cousins
Lee Cousins rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Sally Moore
Sally Moore marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
D A
D A rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Ambur Taft
Ambur Taft rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Mike White
Mike White marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Montagdt
Montagdt marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Jerilyn
Jerilyn rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2016
Jim Neiderhiser
Jim Neiderhiser rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Lynn M Calak
Lynn M Calak rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Ryan Fasshauer
Ryan Fasshauer marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Rejoice
Rejoice marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Soiling of Old Glory: The Story of a Photograph That Shocked America
  • Declaration: The Nine Tumultuous Weeks When America Became Independent, May 1-July 4, 1776
  • One Man Caravan
  • Driven West: Andrew Jackson and the Trail of Tears to the Civil War
  • Riding with Rilke: Reflections on Motorcycles and Books
  • Zen and Now: on the Trail of Robert Pirsig and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
  • Missy
  • The First Frontier: The Forgotten History of Struggle, Savagery, and Endurance in Early America
  • Chasing Che: A Motorcycle Journey in Search of the Guevara Legend
  • A Kingdom Strange: The Brief and Tragic History of the Lost Colony of Roanoke
  • 1001 Historic Sites You Must See Before You Die
  • Ernie: A Photographer's Memoir
  • The Floor of Heaven: A True Tale of the Last Frontier & the Yukon Gold Rush
  • The Power of the Sea: Tsunamis, Storm Surges, Rogue Waves, and Our Quest to Predict Disasters
  • Spirit Car: Journey to a Dakota Past