Courting His Favorite Nurse

Courting His Favorite Nurse

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Ann Grady knew better than anyone that love was complicated. When she'd left her hometown, she thought she was leaving her past heartbreak behind for good, as well. But practically the moment she returned to care for her injured parents, she stumbled headlong into their confidant—her first love, Jack Lightfoot.Jack had been unable to deny his feelings for Annie when he was...more
Published February 21st 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

Nas Dean
COURTING HIS FAVORITE NURSE by author Lynne Marshall is March 2012 release from Harlequin Special Editions.

Anne Grady came back to Whispering Oaks to care for her parents after an accident and the first person she runs into? Jack Lightfoot! The reason she went away with her broken heart in the first place. Will she forget the painful history between them and give their friendship a chance to grow into something more?

Jack had always loved Anne but circumstance and time had conspired against him....more
Maria
He'd never forgotten her. Jack Lightfoot had been in love with Anne Grady ever since they'd shared a first, magical kiss when they were still at school. He'd been Anne's admirer for so long that he'd even dated her best friend Brianna as a way of getting closer to her. Brianna.......

Yes, the timing sucked, as he would have said himself. How could he extricate himself from his commitment to Brianna while keeping Anne's friendship with her intact? A difficult situation, one which called for the ut...more
Christine London
There is a fundamental sweetness in every Lynne Marshall book rare in today's romance. Don't be lulled into complacency though, because Ms Marshall can throw in a twist with the best of them. When Courting His Favorite Nurse takes a turn into the very real drama of a Southern California wildfire and the dangers it poses to life and limb, this little book that at once charms and captivates now sends the reader's heart to racing.
Caught in an untenable situation, Annie left her hometown behind to e...more
Maria
Feb 17, 2013 Maria rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: romance readers
This is not the first book I've read by this author. I enjoyed the story and the character development. I loved seeing how Anne and Jack both have grown and been changed by their shared history. These were two believable characters that I rooted for and the ending was perfect for them plus it set up the next story in a real and believable way.

Lynne Marshall's works frequently remind me of the reason I used to read so many category romance novels. Great characters, great stories and wonderful end...more
Christine Ashworth
This was a lovely book about friendship, young love, forgiving yourself - and letting go of the past. Jack and Anne are thrown together again after a long separation when Anne comes to care for her parents, both of them having been injured in a motorcycle accident. The way they learn to let go of their high school mistakes and embrace the future is the heart and soul of this book, and well worth the journey.
Robin Bielman
This was my first Special Edition and I loved it. :)
Nas Dean

Susan
Pretty good book. When Anne came back to town to care for her parents she ended up seeing Jack again - frequently. She realized that, even though she'd been away for a long time, she still cared for him. Jack was thrilled that she was back, and was determined to show her that they belonged together. Both were fighting the ghosts of their pasts, and it was looking like those were going to be very hard to overcome. I liked Jack -- he seemed to be a pretty romantic guy, with his balloon rides and b...more
Joy
I won this book through Goodreads.

Well, I was a little disappointed with this book. Because you never "felt" the emotions the characters were feeling, it felt a little cheesy. The whole premise of "I like him, but he hurt me so I don't like him" was not pulled off very well. However, the story did contain a unique back story. So, all in all, the book was just OK.
Farzan
Perhaps, the only thing seems to be a little bit ridiculous is the name of the book which reveals everything. you have to be dumb not to understand the whole story. on the contrary, Characters don't have mysterious aspects that you want to discover it. they are simple and easy to read. Brianna Character just seems to be like link to the past.
Wendy S. Marcus
Wendy S. Marcus marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Apurva
Apurva added it
Jan 26, 2014
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Ns2np5
Ns2np5 marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Jun 23, 2013
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jul 23, 2013
Des
Des marked it as to-read
May 01, 2013
Mar 08, 2013
Mar 08, 2013
Cyra Shane
Cyra Shane marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Lynne used to worry she had a serious problem with daydreaming, then she discovered she was supposed to write the stories in her head. A late bloomer, Lynne came to fiction writing after her children were nearly grown. Now she battles the empty nest by writing stories which always include a romance, sometimes medicine, a dose of mirth, or both, but always stories from her heart. She is a Southern...more
More about Lynne Marshall...
One for the Road Making the Surgeon Smile (NYC Angels, #7) Too Close for Comfort Her Baby's Secret Father The Christmas Baby Bump