Start by marking “True Blood, Volume 3: The French Quarter” as Want to Read:
True Blood, Volume 3: The French Quarter

True Blood, Volume 3: The French Quarter (True Blood Comics #3)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  188 ratings  ·  22 reviews
In this sequel to the first New York Times bestselling True Blood mini-series, "All Together Now," mind-reading waitress Sookie Stackhouse is in New Orleans helping Vampire Sheriff Eric Northman track down an insane killer named Guerra. Bill Compton''s in town, too, making sure Eric doesn''t get fresh with Sookie, and investigating a local Hep-D outbreak that may be connec ...more
Published May 8th 2012 by IDW Publishing (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about True Blood, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Blood, Volume 3

Yomna hosny
This was mostly dumb..
archdandy
I have only read Volume 1 so far but I didn't really feel like I needed to read Volume 2 before this one, and I was right. However what I wasn't expecting was that this plot line takes place after season four of the show. Luckily I had finished it just before reading this but if you haven't finished it you might not want to read this yet.

The first volume of this series was great! The plot was good, the characters were done well and stayed true to the show and it had a good humor to it. This vol
Ashley Ayash
Compared to the other two True Blood comic story arcs, this one was good and bad. Volume 1 & 2 had great writing--the characters' voices were spot-on and the humor was classic Southern charm. This volume's dialogue felt forced, and the jokes fell short. The sexual subtext was cheesy, and not to TB's standards. There were cliche moments and eye-rolling lines that really depleted the quality of the comic. But--the plot was excellent. The vampire serial killer and Hep-D epidemic was well-develo ...more
Matej
The third volume of True Blood graphic novels loosely follows the first volume while ignoring the second one.
The story is good enough, it focuses mostly on the love triangle between Sookie, Bill and Eric, and overall it is a bit less fun than the previous volume.
The art in this one is a bit better in comparison to the previous volumes, even though characters do not resemble their Tv show versions that much.
All in all, again a good read for most of the fans of the Tv show.
Mikael Kuoppala
At first glance "The French Quarter" is clearly the best of the "True Blood" graphic novels to date. But a closer examination reveals some fatal failings. As a whole the plot is quite good, the setting fascinating and the premise fascinating. But on a scene-by-scene level the volume is quite clumsy, the dialog truly awkward and the storytelling contrived and overstating. The book is entertaining as are all of the comics based on the sneakily intelligent vampire show, but just as its predecessors ...more
Stephanie
My first attempt at a graphic novel, and I'm pretty sure I don't like them... Maybe I am just too close to the True Blood series. I will try one more, but I don't think this is for me.
Maja
intriguing vampire serial killer story!
Melissa
It seemed every page turn lead to a plot twist I did not see coming! The main story was well done, but the secondary plot left a lot to be desired (and, I just didn't see what the point of it was). So it lost a star for that. And while I haven't read the other two recently enough to truly compare, I do think I liked Volume 2 the best so far. Excited to see what comes next in this series!
Harriet
eComic (Comixology) The thread for this story is picked up from the ending of Volume 1. A serial killer has targeted vampires who are sick with Hepatitis-D. Bill, Eric, and Sookie head to New Orleans to try and find the killer. The layers are a bit mysterious and complicated, but the conclusion was simple.
Amy
This I found better than the first two because it felt a lot more like a story rather than looking for a reason to tie some additional memories together. The story itself is okay, although the characters got to interact a lot more (which improved the overall plot).
Kaz
I'm a big fan of the true blood graphic novels. They really capture the characters well both physically and in prose. I loved the vampire serial killer story who transcends eras targeting infected vampires. Can't wait for the next instalment
Wendy
3.5 Stars

Good story that branched off into two stories actually.
Good mystery and dialog that kept to the characters' unique personalities from the book series and TV show.

Nice graphics again.
Kelley Tackett
These graphic novels are great. Didn't care for the first one, but really liked the 2nd one and now this one. The art is fantastic. Since the show completely blows now, try these instead.
Ashley S
Read my review at After the Last Page: http://afterthelastpage.wordpress.com...
Alexa
The most exciting Trueblood graphic novel so far. I loved the mystery element and the focus on Eric was also refreshing. Fun, Fast read if you love the show.
Rachel
This was probably my least favorite of these books so far. The story was really similar to one that already happened on the show.
Crystal Withem
This one was just alright. I didn't really get the side story with Lafayette and Pam. It was all over the place.
Angie
like the graphic novels more than i have liked the last few books in the southern vampire mysteries series
Stephanie Boggs
I liked it. it was like the show. I just didnt like the way the person portrayed some of the characters
Jessie Radford
Poor Eric gets sick and Bill's psycho ex comes back to bite them in the bum once again.
Frances
Fantastic Graphics!! Favourite one yet
Stephanie Baker
As ridiculous as I'd hoped it would be.
Max
Max added it
May 27, 2015
Abbey
Abbey marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Lucía
Lucía is currently reading it
May 29, 2015
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Sarah Leonard
Sarah Leonard marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
  • True Blood, Volume 2: Tainted Love
  • True Blood: All Together Now (True Blood Comics, #1)
  • This is the Part Where You Pretend to Add Value
  • Women of Letters: Reviving The Lost Art of Correspondence
  • Remember Us: My Journey from the Shtetl Through the Holocaust
  • The Gaggle: How the Guys You Know Will Help You Find the Love You Want
  • Secrets of True Happiness
  • Lies & Omens (Shadows Inquiries, #4)
I'm a writer, editor, artist and story lover. I've written the New York Times Bestselling True Blood: All Together Now GN and edited The Last Unicorn.

Other writerly titles: True Blood: The French Quarter, Servant of the Bones, Illyria: Haunted, Angel, and contributed to Whedonistas. I've edited books like Fables, Lucifer, The Sandman: Endless Nights, and Death: At Death's Door, and Womanthology.
More about Mariah Huehner...

True Blood Comics (6 books)
  • True Blood: All Together Now (True Blood Comics, #1)
  • True Blood, Volume 2: Tainted Love
  • True Blood, Volume 4: Where Were You?
  • True Blood, Volume 5: Shake for Me
  • True Blood, Volume 6: Here We Go Again
Womanthology: Space Emily and the Strangers #1 True Blood: The French Quarter #1 Emily and the Strangers #2 True Blood: The French Quarter #3