Start by marking “True Blood, Volume 3: The French Quarter” as Want to Read:
True Blood, Volume 3: The French Quarter

True Blood, Volume 3: The French Quarter (True Blood Comics #3)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  227 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
In this sequel to the first New York Times bestselling True Blood mini-series, "All Together Now," mind-reading waitress Sookie Stackhouse is in New Orleans helping Vampire Sheriff Eric Northman track down an insane killer named Guerra. Bill Compton''s in town, too, making sure Eric doesn''t get fresh with Sookie, and investigating a local Hep-D outbreak that may be connec ...more
Published May 8th 2012 by IDW Publishing (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about True Blood, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Blood, Volume 3

Yomna hosny
May 07, 2013 Yomna hosny rated it it was ok
This was mostly dumb..
John
Oct 30, 2015 John rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Enjoyed everything about this one.The overall story of a serial killer executing vampires in the big easy was certainly interesting.Especially when you find out who the murderer has connections too.The overall banter between Sookie Bill and Eric was sharp as usual.I also found the storyline between Pam and Lafayette to be very good as well.Nothing not to like in this one.
Karen
Oct 22, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, graphic-novel
Okay I am really enjoying this... I love how the stories actuallly go along with the Tv series. but don't take away from it eitherr
archdandy
Jun 29, 2012 archdandy rated it it was ok
I have only read Volume 1 so far but I didn't really feel like I needed to read Volume 2 before this one, and I was right. However what I wasn't expecting was that this plot line takes place after season four of the show. Luckily I had finished it just before reading this but if you haven't finished it you might not want to read this yet.

The first volume of this series was great! The plot was good, the characters were done well and stayed true to the show and it had a good humor to it. This vol
Ashley Ayash
Apr 04, 2012 Ashley Ayash rated it liked it
Compared to the other two True Blood comic story arcs, this one was good and bad. Volume 1 & 2 had great writing--the characters' voices were spot-on and the humor was classic Southern charm. This volume's dialogue felt forced, and the jokes fell short. The sexual subtext was cheesy, and not to TB's standards. There were cliche moments and eye-rolling lines that really depleted the quality of the comic. But--the plot was excellent. The vampire serial killer and Hep-D epidemic was well-develo ...more
Ebony *LilKoalaBooks*
May 05, 2016 Ebony *LilKoalaBooks* rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A solid installment to the series. Great storyline but my only complaint was the use of way too many description boxes that could have been replaced by dialogue. The description boxes tended to get repetitive and gave too much obvious information that the reader could alresdy get from the art and context clues in the dialogue. Everything else about this volume was great especially because with each volume we get more and more backstory to the characters in this series.
Matej
Sep 30, 2014 Matej rated it liked it
The third volume of True Blood graphic novels loosely follows the first volume while ignoring the second one.
The story is good enough, it focuses mostly on the love triangle between Sookie, Bill and Eric, and overall it is a bit less fun than the previous volume.
The art in this one is a bit better in comparison to the previous volumes, even though characters do not resemble their Tv show versions that much.
All in all, again a good read for most of the fans of the Tv show.
Kaitie Cakes
Jul 11, 2015 Kaitie Cakes rated it did not like it
I don't understand why they feel the need to change so much about true blood to make these "books". True blood itself is a good story and they could of used the stories themselves to make these "books" instead of adding stuff they thought would make it better. Any fan of true blood would hate these "books". Which is why I do. I've read the real books and watched the show more then I can count but I will NEVER read these again.
Mikael Kuoppala
Jun 27, 2013 Mikael Kuoppala rated it liked it
At first glance "The French Quarter" is clearly the best of the "True Blood" graphic novels to date. But a closer examination reveals some fatal failings. As a whole the plot is quite good, the setting fascinating and the premise fascinating. But on a scene-by-scene level the volume is quite clumsy, the dialog truly awkward and the storytelling contrived and overstating. The book is entertaining as are all of the comics based on the sneakily intelligent vampire show, but just as its predecessors ...more
Stephanie
Feb 19, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was ok
My first attempt at a graphic novel, and I'm pretty sure I don't like them... Maybe I am just too close to the True Blood series. I will try one more, but I don't think this is for me.
Maja
Feb 13, 2015 Maja rated it really liked it
intriguing vampire serial killer story!
Debra Cook
Apr 02, 2016 Debra Cook rated it really liked it
Eric convinces Sookie to help find a murderous Vampire from his past in New Orleans but is he really after Eric?
Melissa
Jan 06, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
It seemed every page turn lead to a plot twist I did not see coming! The main story was well done, but the secondary plot left a lot to be desired (and, I just didn't see what the point of it was). So it lost a star for that. And while I haven't read the other two recently enough to truly compare, I do think I liked Volume 2 the best so far. Excited to see what comes next in this series!
Harriet
Jun 24, 2012 Harriet rated it liked it
eComic (Comixology) The thread for this story is picked up from the ending of Volume 1. A serial killer has targeted vampires who are sick with Hepatitis-D. Bill, Eric, and Sookie head to New Orleans to try and find the killer. The layers are a bit mysterious and complicated, but the conclusion was simple.
Amy
Dec 08, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
This I found better than the first two because it felt a lot more like a story rather than looking for a reason to tie some additional memories together. The story itself is okay, although the characters got to interact a lot more (which improved the overall plot).
Kaz
Aug 07, 2013 Kaz rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of the true blood graphic novels. They really capture the characters well both physically and in prose. I loved the vampire serial killer story who transcends eras targeting infected vampires. Can't wait for the next instalment
Wendy
Sep 21, 2012 Wendy rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Good story that branched off into two stories actually.
Good mystery and dialog that kept to the characters' unique personalities from the book series and TV show.

Nice graphics again.
Kelley Tackett
Dec 29, 2012 Kelley Tackett rated it liked it
These graphic novels are great. Didn't care for the first one, but really liked the 2nd one and now this one. The art is fantastic. Since the show completely blows now, try these instead.
Ashley S
Jul 03, 2012 Ashley S rated it it was ok
Read my review at After the Last Page: http://afterthelastpage.wordpress.com...
Alexa
Aug 25, 2013 Alexa rated it really liked it
The most exciting Trueblood graphic novel so far. I loved the mystery element and the focus on Eric was also refreshing. Fun, Fast read if you love the show.
Rachel
Jul 08, 2012 Rachel rated it it was ok
This was probably my least favorite of these books so far. The story was really similar to one that already happened on the show.
Crystal Withem
Nov 08, 2014 Crystal Withem rated it it was ok
This one was just alright. I didn't really get the side story with Lafayette and Pam. It was all over the place.
Angie
May 03, 2013 Angie rated it it was amazing
like the graphic novels more than i have liked the last few books in the southern vampire mysteries series
Stephanie Boggs
Apr 03, 2013 Stephanie Boggs rated it liked it
I liked it. it was like the show. I just didnt like the way the person portrayed some of the characters
Jessie Radford
Mar 30, 2013 Jessie Radford rated it really liked it
Poor Eric gets sick and Bill's psycho ex comes back to bite them in the bum once again.
Frances
Sep 17, 2012 Frances rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Fantastic Graphics!! Favourite one yet
Stephanie Baker
May 22, 2012 Stephanie Baker rated it liked it
As ridiculous as I'd hoped it would be.
Kris
Kris rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Patrick Dufresne
Patrick Dufresne rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Candi
Candi rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
  • True Blood, Volume 2: Tainted Love
  • True Blood, Volume 4: Where Were You?
  • True Blood: All Together Now (True Blood Comics, #1)
  • Teamwork Means You Can't Pick the Side That's Right
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires
  • Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 3
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse Ultimate Collection
  • Women of Letters: Reviving The Lost Art of Correspondence
  • Storm Season (Derrick Storm Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Blood Crime (The Hollows Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Batman: Shaman
I'm a writer, editor, artist and story lover. I've written the New York Times Bestselling True Blood: All Together Now GN and edited The Last Unicorn.

Other writerly titles: True Blood: The French Quarter, Servant of the Bones, Illyria: Haunted, Angel, and contributed to Whedonistas. I've edited books like Fables, Lucifer, The Sandman: Endless Nights, and Death: At Death's Door, and Womanthology.
More about Mariah Huehner...

True Blood Comics (6 books)
  • True Blood: All Together Now (True Blood Comics, #1)
  • True Blood, Volume 2: Tainted Love
  • True Blood, Volume 4: Where Were You?
  • True Blood, Volume 5: Shake for Me