Start by marking “The Shekinah Legacy (Charlotte Ansari, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Shekinah Legacy (Charlotte Ansari, #1)
Open Preview read ebook

The Shekinah Legacy (Charlotte Ansari #1)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  373 ratings  ·  70 reviews
International cable TV journalist Charlotte Ansari and her Asperger’s son are caught literally in the crossfire of history when terrorists, the CIA, Mossad (Israeli intelligence) and the Vatican all converge in a pulse-pounding search for two relics that could eviscerate Christianity and forever change the balance of power in the world.

Three decades ago, Charlotte’s mother
Published November 16th 2011 by Calumet Editions (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Shekinah Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shekinah Legacy

Mark Mercer
Gary Lindberg's "The Shekinah Legacy" is a darn fun read, if you like fast-paced thrillers and religious history mystery. In that sense, it's a nice read for a Dan Brown fan. Or someone who is into the alternative, "secret history" conspiracies. I did speed through it, in just a couple of sittings. It's a good book. But not great. By "not great", I mean in comparison to its peer group of mainstream thrillers both traditional or self-published.

The plot and the underlying concept is no less unrea
Michael E.
When I started this book, I was immediately intrigued. The initial scenes, and the introduction of characters was really well done. I was initially intrigued, and excited about continuing the story to learn more. As the story progressed, however, my opinion of the book got lower and lower. I very rarely put down a book without completing it, and I reserve 1-star ratings only for those books. This book got me committed, and I made it through, but I was quite disappointed by the time I finished.

T
Bill Thibadeau
When I was about a third of the way through the book, I thought it was a 5 star rated book and would qualify as one of my favorites. That slowly changed as the story delved into an alternate explanation of what really happened to Jesus. I believe in the western story of Jesus so I was not drawn in by the direction of the story. (I am trying to not include a spoiler in this review so that is the best I could say.)

That being said, I do think this book is a very fine debut novel. It is fast paced w
David
Gary Lindberg is a friend. He promoted the book on Facebook, so I clicked "Like", and immediately downloaded the ebook to my Kindle.

It's fiction, but so timely and real, considering the recent deaths of popular journalist and media celebrities in Syria. That's where Lindberg's story begins, with brutality and a narrow escape. Gary and his wife both are creative media professionals. He knows his subject.

The scene shifts quickly from Syria to the Lake Minnetonka west of Minneapolis, to India, and
S
This was one of those rare books that I simply kept reading until it was finished. The plot had so many twists and turns that it kept you on the edge of your seat and kept the pages turning. This was my first read by Gary Lindberg, but I can assure you it will not be my last. I did find myself continually checking items in the book to be sure the author was correct on his facts. There were times I didn’t appreciate some of the religious references, but it definitely did not stop me from reading ...more
Doug Bower
If you love books full of adventure, action, suspense this book is for you. The numerous plot twists will knock your socks off. Mr. Lindberg does such a masterful job with character and plot development that you will not want to put this one down. The story revolves around a journalist, her son, her father, and an ancient religious order as the journalist seeks to find a religious relic that will help save the her mother. Throw in the CIA, Mossad, the Vatican and the other world intellegence age ...more
Al Gritten
While the basic premise of this book is both intriguing and interesting, there are some problems that were very distracting and that ultimately deterred from the story. Lindberg writes well and does a good job with character development. I could ignore the similarities between his book and “The DaVinci Code” which were numerous and eerily close. Still the plot would have worked except for the historical and biblical errors. As one who teaches biblical history and theology, it is perhaps much mor ...more
Gloria Lindberg
Couldn't put it down. Truth or Fiction? Or Fiction based on Truth? I'm still pondering.
Pure Textuality
I have learned throughout my time reading reviews that it is not a good idea to read through the synopsis information on Amazon prior to reading a book. The reason I avoid doing this is because a lot of times, the book description includes comments regarding what to compare the book to. I dont like having that preconceived idea put in my head before I even start reading. When I started reading The Shekinah Legacy, I knew immediately that I was going to love this book. See, I am a HUGE fan of aut ...more
Robyn
This book was a page-turner and an entertaining read. I must admit, though, that I've been stumped for a while trying to figure out how to rate and review this book. I enjoyed reading this book for the most part, but a number of things nagged at me which decreased my overall impression of the book, and I didn't love the ending. If I could do halves, I'd give this book 3.5 stars.

The good: The book was an entertaining and compelling read, that kept me up reading late at night and kept me hooked un
Amy Siggelow
I won this book from the Member Giveaways at Library Thing.

Normally, I am not a fan of religious fiction, but the book sounded interesting when I entered to win it. When I started reading this book, I was relieved that it started out with action. The religious parts of this book were extremely well written (though I'm no religious scholar by any means). I truly enjoyed this book, which was full of action and adventure and for me was a bit of a learning experience.

This is a story of Charlotte, a
Mirrani
The Shekinah Legacy is a wonderful story that combines action and adventure, a family's past with their present, and also intermingles their legacy with a world journey of discovery. Though the book is about religion and has a religious baseline that branches out into a multi-layered plot, you do not need to be a religious person yourself to read and enjoy everything within its pages. The adventure and the history within the story keep you reading almost as much as the mystery behind some of the ...more
Kathleen
Mix one international cable news correspondent, an Aspenger's teenager, a long-term MIA mother, a bestselling author, a professional assassin, a valuable relic and a host of worldwide organizations that want it ... and what do you have ... one hell of a riveting action packed suspense thriller!

The Shekinah Legacy is a fascinating story that immediately draws the reader in with its fast-paced, fascinating storyline of drama, intrigue, suspense and adventure. The author provides the reader with an
Quentin Stewart
I found the Shekinah Legacy by Gary Lindberg to be a fascinating adventure thriller. With the mixture of a globetrotting reporter and her son, the Sicaari, the CIA, the Mossad, and other groups hunting for religious relics Lindeberg develops a story that is fast paced and interesting to read. At times the reader will wonder who the good guys are and whether the search for the artifact is worth the violence and stress that the characters are put through.

Character development is one of Lindberg’s
Warren Thurston
This thriller is an absolute must to read. It is fast paced and well written. The author has researched the facts used in the book well.

Once I started to read the book I had to finish it. The character of Charlotte Ansari is compelling, I found her easy to empathise with. The imagery that Lindberg develops with his word use is a blessing. Too many authors today take the easy road and "Tell" stories. A lot of self-published books I have come across persist in using fragmented sentences.

Non of the
Diana Shaffner
It could have been interesting to delve into the historical aspects of religion with this book. In some reviews The Shekinah Legacy is compared to Dan Brown's book Da Vinci Code. However, the Shekinah Legacy falls short in the worst of ways. The characters in the book are shallow at best and completely undeveloped including the main character Charlotte Ansari. Therefore, Charlotte never evolves into a likable person. She doesn't even show any response to the death of her lover when he gets torn ...more
Bob
A bare bones review for this one. Popular CNN correspondent living at home with her husband and Aspergers son finds their home attacked ay apparent terrorists who are themselves shot by two other gunmen who are also killed by a lone shooter. Meanwhile her son has received several emails from his grandmother who has been missing for years. This all leads to the correspondent and her son beginning a long search for a relic connected to Jesus that leads to India and beyond. They are followed by var ...more
Jeannie Seeley-Smith
I just discovered this author and his first book. Hold on! What a ride! Twist and turns and the reader is on the edge all the way through. A non-stop page turner! One of the best thrillers I’ve read! I highly recommend it for those who enjoy this genre. I certainly am going to read more from this author.

Sean Fallon
Intelligent book, the author combines religion, adventure, and cults and is able to somehow make it seem possible. A lot of twists and turns - some which you can see coming, but more that will surprise you. Kind of a more murderous, and maybe more exciting Da Vinci Code.
Cynthia Armistead
This is another one that I probably wouldn't have ever read if it hasn't been free, followed by an occasion some time later when it seemed the most interesting-sounding thing hanging around on the Kindle when I happened to be bored. The plot reminds me if Dan Brown to some extent, although I know he certainly wasn't the first to write novels along such lines. Religious secrets, conspiracies, secret societies, competing spies, and a great deal of violence are all tossed together. I wanted the ans ...more
J
I guess I thought that, with a title like Shekinah Legacy and a plot centering around religious relics, the setting would be in Israel, not India and the Himalayas. So, that was my first (slight) disappointment. As I progressed through the book, though, I found I simply didn't care about any of the characters; the Brotherhood's agents were so perfect as to be ridiculous; and, quite frankly, the idea that a schism over religious doctrine could bring down the U.S., which worships the almighty Benj ...more
Rdonn
I enjoyed the quick-moving story, ala Dan Brown, cryptic messages to solve, historic/religious sites, etc. etc. There were turns and twists and quite a lot of violence, many important characters don't survive. Mix in the Mossad, the CIA, and several religious groups I hadn't heard of, and you have a lot of people searching for the same relics with great violence. Perhaps most interesting is the character of Greg, the Aspberger's Syndrome son. The utter brilliance of some Aspberger's is evident i ...more
Greg
Slow at first but very happy I read it. Good book!
Cynthia Kraack
Leave time for reading when you pick up The Shekinah Legacy. This thriller takes the reader to the neighborhoods and hidden zones of foreign lands while Charlotte Ansari, a career mom used to the very public eye of viewers of an international news organization, chases a mystery that will shake the core of her world. The special challenges of a son with Aspergers and an unloving husband dissolve when her only child is threatened. Lindberg displays a deep understanding of many religions and master ...more
iamjenai
This review is not for the entire book as I have only read the first hundred pages of the story. It was interesting at first - to read something about the Islam ways, about how TV journalist works when they have to go to dangerous places just to produce stories, I liked the conspiracy and mystery in the story but somehow I lost interest in reading the book past the hundred pages. I found the story even difficult to follow as I couldn't relate to the characters.
Jim Brown
A good read

This was a good story and was a page turner. It was so far out there that it was quite enjoyable despite what was written as the main topic. The religious relics being searched for. I would recommend this book to my friends. I read the kindle version and it does have a bug. I like to read with a black background and white text but this book does not have white text it has black text so it was black on black.
Amanda
this was my first time reading gary lindberg and definitely wont be the last.

this book grabbed ahold of me from the beginning and took me on a fast paced thrill ride . i found it very difficult to take a break from reading this because i couldnt find a point of the story slowing down for a breather.i would recommend this book to others and i cant wait to see what happens in later books.
Rick Polad
This is a wonderfully-written suspenseful adventure filled with surprise twists that kept me wanting to read the next page. Mixing religious history with an intriguing plot, Shekinah involves the church at the highest level, the CIA and Mossad and takes the reader around the world to places most people will never see. I am looking forward to reading Mr. Lindberg's other books.
Darren Keighley
A fast paced book of history, deceit & a family who are trying to discover the truth.
Highly recommended though I did find it difficult to read at times (it wasn't wrote like most thrillers, but more from a 3rd person point of view & at times I felt disorientated).
I am still going to read the second book, because if its half as good as this, I'm on to a winner.
Malki
once the book explained the mystery and what people were after it made the book reading a lot faster.
there wee many people involved in three story and I couldn't always follow who was doing what and why. the whole premise of the story was weird, but u guys that is fiction. there are other books in this series. I don't feel compelled to n read it.
  • Pandora's Succession
  • Hidden
  • Volcano Watch (The Forensic Geology Series, #2)
  • The Ninth District   A Thriller (Volume 1)
  • Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars, #1)
  • Tag (The Zumar Chronicles, #1)
  • Blueblood (Marty Singer #2)
  • The Psalter
  • Breaking News
  • Sector C
  • The Philanthropist's Danse
  • The Fifth Avenue Series Boxed Set
  • Progeny
  • White Jade (The Project, #1)
  • The Geronimo Breach
  • Ferris' Bluff
  • While You Were Dead
  • Covert Reich

Charlotte Ansari (2 books)
  • Sons of Zadok (Charlotte Ansari, #2)
Sons of Zadok (Charlotte Ansari, #2) Ollie's Cloud Deeper and Deeper