Start by marking “High Above” as Want to Read:
High Above
Preview

High Above

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Dragons annihilated civilization generations ago. Now humans born with dragon-like characteristics lead the tribes battling for dwindling resources. Two lifelong foes struggle to find the truth beneath hatred and lies. They’ll have to fly high above their differences to defeat their enemies and save what’s left of both their tribes.
Published (first published March 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about High Above, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Above

AnnaBanana
I absolutely love the whole idea of this story! That the end of days is brought about by dragons and from that, Crossbreeds are made when the humans come into contact with something left behind by the dragons. It's not something I've read before and I'm happy to say that I enjoyed it quite a bit. I've read a few other books by this author so I knew it would be good but I didn't know how good until I started reading it. :)

For a first book in a series and a short one at that, it's written very wel
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
High Above was a new read for me because I have only read two other books that had dragons in it. I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed by the beginning of this series. I love dragon stories. There is something mythical about them that captures your attention and keeps you reading trying to figure out where the story is going and whether or not the dragons are good or bad. High Above is so capturing right from the very beginning that I could not out it down.

High Above is a story about t
Phaedra Seabolt
For how much I love dragons, I actually haven't read a lot of books about them. I did read a series about dragon shifters that was mostly enjoyable and that helped peak my interest in this story. I actually had been under the idea that the characters in this book were shifters, but I was wrong. High Above is about a race of mutated humans that have characteristics of dragons. Not everyone has all the same characteristics, except that they have wings from my understanding. Their wings might not a ...more
Proserpine
I recently discovered that I LOVE dragon-shifters story, so I was glad to participate in this blog tour. But when I started to read High Above, I realize that the characters weren't dragon-shifters but real humanoid dragon, something what they're calling a ''crossbreed''. It was a something new for me and I really enjoyed this new take on dragon stories!

The story itself was awesome and the introduction really helped to get me into the ‘‘ambiance’’: everything around the ''apocalypse'' brought by
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
My Rating: 3 stars: Liked it - recommend(B)

The prologue of this short story read like a fantastic action movie - the kind that are labeled “summer blockbuster.” I LOVED the concept of dragons coming forth and decimating civilization. This created a post-apocalyptic setting without the usual politcal causes.

Fast-forward several generations and civilization is bleak. Humans and Crossbreeds tribes live in primitive settings built from what is left in the greater-Los Angles area. We don’t have much
Gaele
Leading into the action with a short prologue to set the ‘scene’ we then are thrust into a post-apocalyptic world that wasn’t, for once, caused by a human-made fit of pique. This is only a novella-length story, very good for the restrictions proscribed by shortened space, and the author has a very smooth style that is pleasant to read.

The characters, as they are introduced, are fairly complete: there is some missing background due to the length that would have better fixed motivations for relat
Susan
"High Above" is written as futuristic fantasy that is a fairly short read that is well written with plenty of action, twists and turns. The characters were good but I would have loved to see more background information. All in all, the action keeps you turning the pages. Recommended to all fantasy lovers.

This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review.
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Beckey
Beckey marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013
Farah Salah
Farah Salah marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2012
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2012
Naugramir
Naugramir marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2011
Mari Freeman lives, disguised as a normal suburbanite, in central North Carolina. When not penning romantic erotica, she enjoys horses, hiking, traveling, good food and friends. An outdoors girl at heart, you can often find her at the lake with laptop fired up, fishing line in the water and her imagination running wild.

In her previous lives, she’s held an interesting array of occupations. She’s be
More about Mari Freeman...
Sin on Skin (Cougar Challenge, #6) Birthright Beware of the Cowboy Hot, Hard and Howling (Hot, Hard, #1) Run Devil Run: A Paranormal Anthology