Vampire Breed (Kiera Hudson Series One #4)

Vampire Breed (Kiera Hudson Series One #4)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  635 ratings  ·  49 reviews
300,000 books sold
4000 five star reviews
Discover an underground phenomenon
Discover Tim O'Rourke

"Tim O'Rourke once again shows his mastery at building stories and characters that are larger than life. He has readers constantly guessing and changing their alliances." Abibliophobic Book Reviews

"Tim O'Rourke certainly knows how to engross his readers with passion, rage, f...more
Published December 6th 2011 by Tim O'Rourke

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThoughtless by S.C. StephensEasy by Tammara WebberEffortless by S.C. StephensSlammed by Colleen Hoover
Greatest hidden EBOOKS
195th out of 1,146 books — 1,564 voters
The Undying by Ronnell D. PorterSomething Wicked by C.J. BakerDemon Girl by Penelope FletcherSpiderwork by L.K. RigelHush Money by Susan Bischoff
Indie Books - Paranormal Cover Love
233rd out of 345 books — 750 voters

More lists with this book...

Novels On The Run
MICHELLE'S REVIEW:

RATING : 5 SMEXI SEAN POTTER & KIERA STARS!!!!

Tim..Tim...Tim...what can I say but another AWESOME instalment in the Kiera Hudson series. I am totally sucked into his books when I am reading them that I so want to be an extra if these books ever got made into movies. Like seriously, I don’t care if I get raised in the air and my neck ripped open and I get flung across a car bonnet, and that is all I get to do ( well a close up would be cool.), but I want a part as they are...more
Darkfallen
What can I say? This is a series that I can never get enough of!

Seriously why hasn't a publishing company scooped this up yet? It just doesn't make sense to me! But enough of my little fit throwing, lets get on with the review shall we?

Kiera Hudson is by far the worlds UNLUCKIEST twenty year old ever...and it just gets worse, and then worse.

Waking up in a zoo turned prison, where the animals are the ones that run free and the humans live in cages, things can't get much worse. She's filthy and wo...more
"The fate of two entire races lies in your hands. The decision to destroy an entire race is not an easy one - so choose wisely, Kiera Hudson."

Geesh...talk about having the weight of the world on your shoulders! Poor Kiera just can't catch a break as it is always one battle to fight after another.

I have said this after reading each book in this series but this is definitely the best one yet. Again, Tim sucked me right into this world of vampires, Vampyrus, werewolves and half-breeds. Vampire Bre...more
Allison  (Abibliophobic)
Without any introduction or adieu, I’m just going to jump into the synopsis of the fourth book in the Kiera Hudson series by Tim O’Rourke!

Vampire Breed starts off right where Vampire Hunt left off. Suddenly, Kiera finds herself trapped in a cage in a zoo like an animal. She’s tired, dirty, exhausted, and worst of all; she’s become addicted to human blood at the hands of her captors. When she begins to think that all is lost, a young werewolf comes to visit her almost every night. With Nik’s vagu...more
Michelle  novelsontherun
RATING : 5 SMEXI SEAN POTTER & KIERA STARS!!!!

Tim..Tim...Tim...what can I say but another AWESOME instalment in the Kiera Hudson series. I am totally sucked into his books when I am reading them that I so want to be an extra if these books ever got made into movies. Like seriously, I don’t care if I get raised in the air and my neck ripped open and I get flung across a car bonnet, and that is all I get to do ( well a close up would be cool!), but I want a part as they are so entertaining.

Va...more
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Vampire Breed is Book 4 of the Kiera Hudson series.

So far she's become a cop, fell in love with a Vampyrus, saved a town or something, got talked into babysitting, then tried to save a girl, and then fell in love with an icky character that I do not like but if I cast him as an X-men then I would, and went hunting for things, had her mom try to give her some blood, and woke up in a cage.

Kinda sounds like Resident Evil without the zombies lolz!

But it's good ;)

You know, they could actually make a...more
Ronda
Ok, here I am, on the edge of Cliffhanger (but luckily for me the next installment is at hand) and I'm reeling!

It was him - not the one who I thought it was or the one that I was feeling guilty for thinking it could be him, or even the other two... no it was him and I never considered it! Oh don't get me wrong, he was in suspicious list but way back, way back before it really counted!!

Now because it is him - I am also left with - OMG Kiera, why him???? I LOVE Luke (even though he is still missin...more
Melissa
This one is my favorite so far!! I am always looking for a new series to fall in love with and by chance a month ago I tried the first novel. Loved it so much that I read the 1st 2nd and 3rd book all in a week. The things I love best about this series is that 1. Kiera is not a whiny needed clingy woman that so many paranormal books portray (i.e. Twilight etc - sorry not a big fan) 2. The breed is unique so you don't feel like you have read it before 3. Story is paced nicely with intrigue - so ma...more
Jen
Once again I couldn't put the book down.It was over way to fast leaving me wanting more. Poor Kiera,can't she ever catch a break? The fate of two entire races lies in your hands.The decision to destroy an entire race is not a easy one -so choose wisely....oh and don't fall in love. Holy crap I was blown away.I love this series and can't wait for the next book...(who would of thought I'd end up liking Potter to??)
Daisy
Just finished reading Vampire Breed, and it was by far my favorite of the series. I loved the whole series of course but this exceeds the rest so far. I was on edge the entire time reading it. I couldn't put it down, finished it really fast and now January couldn't come fast enough. I cannot wait for book 5 and see what's going to happen. This is a must read book! Just love love love it!
Caroline Barker
If you liked, or in my case - LOVED, the first three books of the Keira Hudson series you will not be disappointed with this fourth instalment. With Keira captured and no sign of Potter or Luke the beginning of this novel appears very bleak for all of the characters. 'Where is everybody?' was the first question I asked myself, in fear of what may have happened to them.

However, over time we find out how Keira is and how she has been treated and as the book unfolds we are taken on an incredible jo...more
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
A Book Vacation
O’Rourke has written another phenomenal book in his Kiera Hudson series, bringing us one step closer to the much anticipated finale as book five is planned to release in early 2012. I am in love with this series, and think it is one of the best series I’ve read this past year. That being said, this novel is, like the others, very well done. We learn so much more about the Vampyrus and their evils plans in this novel, including who is behind it all. I was shocked at the villains reveal, especiall...more
Katrina
Wow what another AWESOME book in the Kiera Hudson series. I have been engrossed in this first series for a week now, running out and buying the next book after each one. I just can’t wait. I am totally sucked into this series. Enjoying the twists, turns, sexy Potter, blood, guts and no stop action. What can I say I friggin love this series !!!!!!!!!

This story had nonstop action, a few tears, a few what the >>> moments, and also moments where you like oh my gosh!!!

I love Tim’s writing...more
Apageaway
Vampire Breed is the fourth book in the Kiera Hudson series by Tim O’Rourke. I am completely addicted to this series. After reading this book my reaction was “Ahhhhh!” I am so ready to read Vampire Hallows (which will be out soon Feb. 2012). With each book I think it is the best in the series. The books are back to back with each other continuing right where the previous left off. The book continues to be suspense filled from beginning to end. I could not put it down. Kiera learns more about her...more
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4-4.5

*Review*

Vampire Breed picks up approximately 2 months after the end of Vampire Hunt. So, if you haven’t read the previous 3 books yet, why not? In the beginning, Kiera, Kayla, and Isidor have been captured by the villains including Kiera’s own psychotic mother, Phillips and Sparky. There’s no sign of Luke, Potter, or Jack Seth.

Since they are considered half breeds, they are experimented on, and end up being treated like animals in a zoo. Kiera finds that she’s...more
Talk Supe
Everything in this book is dark, depressing, filthy and trying. My heart goes out to Kiera, she only wanted to know what happened to her mom, she never expected that she'll be a stuff of legend much less treated baser than a rabid animal!

Vampire Breed will test your limits. There's nothing pretty about this book, in fact it might make you lose a little bit of hope about the whether or not Kiera will survive all of this. The answers to the conspiracy, mysteries and the endless deceptions have be...more
Tanya
Being the fourth book from this series, I have read the other three and can say I am completely hooked! The style of writing, and the many twists and turns this book takes really keeps you on your toes. I believed Kiera was meant for Luke, however book four has bought out another side to Potter that you just didn't expect and now I wouldn't know who to choose! I read the last two books in three days, I just couldn't put them down. Going onto book 4.5 about Potter now and I eagerly await book fiv...more
Claire
I read this book when it came out in 2011 but didn't realise I hadn't done a review. Kiera gets locked away after her failing attempts to find her mum and in search of information. Where are all her friends and who has her locked up? More time with Potter as Luke is away yippee and Kiera has to turn tough or she'll never get out!! Loved this book it has everything laughs mostly from Potter he's so funny, twists that you don't see coming till they've smacked you in the face, wow is all I can say...more
Jenn Green
Ok, seriously awesome thrill ride Story!! This series just gets better & better. I could NOT put it down. Who needs sleep anyway?!? First off Kiera is one seriously Badass Chick, I love it!! And Potter?? God where do I begin???? really do love that man, and boy does he make me Giggle....ALOT!! And just when I thought I had the villian all figured out Mr. O'Rourke smacks me upside the head & says ummm No! good god what am I gonna do when this series is over????
Meeshark
Seriously I can't get enough of your books. I literally can't put these amazing books down. You defiantly have a way with words. I don't care what people say Potter is by far my favorite character in the whole series. He is just so mysterious and sexy :) i really hope kiera chooses him seriously. Love your books I can’t wait till the next one I’m holding my breath.

love
a very devoted fan :)
Shawn
I had a couple chapters where I was slightly bored....BUT the chapters after cured it.

I am very glad that Jan. 2012 is so close I cannot wait.

I a solutely love this series. In this novel I was rethinking things and questioning things and praying it wasn't Luke or Potter....lol....
I love the way this one ended...but it was a tease as we'll lol

Again, Tim I say well done...many kudos!
Stacee
The twists and turns in this one are great. A lot a books are predictable, not so with this one. Just when you think one thing and you know it has to be what is going to happen Tim O'Rourke throws you a curve ball. Kudos Mr. O'Rourke. This series is one that reaches out and doesn't let you go...I couldn't put any of them down.
Jessy (BookEnd 2 BookEnd)
This is my favorite of the series so far!! This series has me picking up a bad habit....nail biting!!! There are so many adventures and mystery wrapped up like a present just for your enjoyment. I love this book when I'm all done with the series I want to read this one again!
Sheri
This series took me from so many highs and lows, it fails to be boring. I loved it! There were points in this book it had me thinking, "Nooooo...don't do it!", but wow. Just a fabulous series that just reviewing it makes me want to re-read it. Well done, Mr. O'Rourke.
Anya
Love! Love! Love!
On with the fifth one! I'm devouring this series like crazy! As in I started reading the first one yesterday morning and I finished with the 4th book in 4.30 in the freaking morning and now I'm starting with the 5th! I can't get enough! :)
Ginnette Smith
This book, is number 4 of the series! and by far the best; its characters have become more complex, the story draws you in and you get completely taken over by it.

Its wonderful, it certainly keeps you guessing and you never guess the outcomes - excellent.
Yvonne Govea
Another great read!!! Murderous Wolves, back stabbing friends... Blood lust and a new relationship!!!! Ahh so much action you won't sleep til you finish this book!!! Kiera hates/loves potter? What happens to Luke??? Ahhhhh I need more!!!!
Jeana Green
Wow!!! Another fantastic book from Tim. I just love this story and hope it never ends :). Just keep 'em coming will ya?! Thanks again for your phenomenal creativity. Can't wait for the next one. Hurry January and get here.
Jane Doe
What can I say this series just gets better and better! I'm so happy to have had this author recommened to me by a friend! This book took the creep factor up to subtle horror, perfectly executed.
  • Blood Sense (Blood Destiny, #3)
  • Taunt (Ava Delaney, #2)
  • Pretty When She Destroys (Pretty When She Dies, #3)
  • Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
  • Deceived (Gwen Sparks, #2)
  • Destined to Die (The Briar Creek Vampires #3)
  • The Vampires' Last Lover (Dying of the Dark #1)
  • Legacy (Endlessly, #2)
  • The Vampire's Curse (Undead in Brown County, #2)
  • The Burning Bush (Santeria Habitat, #2)
  • Blood Bond (Dirty Blood, #3)
4193568
Just published: 'Vampire Flappers' (Samantha Carter Series)

Just published: 'Dead End' (Kiera Hudson Series Two) Book 10

Coming soon: 'The Mechanic' (31st July 2014 and now available to pre-order)

Coming soon: 'Kiera Hudson & The Creeping Men' (Kiera Hudson Series Three) Book 1 (October 2014)

Tim is the author of over thirty novels including the No 1 bestselling 'Kiera Hudson Series, 'Samantha Car...more
More about Tim O'Rourke...
Vampire Shift (Kiera Hudson Series One, #1) Vampire Wake (Kiera Hudson Series One, #2) Vampire Hunt (Kiera Hudson, #3) Vampire Hollows (Kiera Hudson Series One #5) Wolf House - Potter's Story (Kiera Hudson Series One #4.5)

“I love you!” he bellowed at me and his eyes turned black. “Happy now? I love you, okay? I love you
so fucking much that it hurts! It’s driving me insane! I loved you from the moment I saw you doing
your Miss Marple impression in those woods back at The Ragged Cove. But I could tell you were
sweet on Luke and hey, why not? He’s the good-looking one, right? I mean, I’m just the hired muscle.
I’m the one who gets everyone else out of the shit. But I couldn’t help my feelings, I’d never felt like
that before. So yeah, okay I stole a kiss from you in the gatehouse – big fucking deal! But you know
what? That was the biggest mistake of my life, because that one kiss from you drove me out of my tiny
freaking mind! So, I’m sorry if I give the boy a hard time and ain’t too gentle with the girl, but I’m not
going to sit back and watch you risk your life just so you can blow their noses and wipe their arses!”
I looked at Potter and he seemed almost out of breath after his rant. Once he had finished, he put out
his cigarette and lit another one. Standing, I looked at him and said, “Potter, I had no idea…”
“Ah, forget it,” he said, waving me away with his hand. “I shouldn’t have said anything. Besides, I’ll
be moving out at first light in search of Luke. Once I’ve rescued him, I’ll bring him to you in The
Hollows and you won’t have to see me again.”
0 likes