Start by marking “The God Killer” as Want to Read:
The God Killer

The God Killer

The first victim is hung in crucifixion position—a gash in his side and a wreath on his head. Homicide detectives Dylan Black and Vivienne Sheffield are baffled by strange words written in Scrabble tiles, the dead man’s discarded glass eye, and wolf hair left at the scene. The victim’s neighbor, a college student and mythology buff named Trevor McDaniel, is convinced the v ...more
Published July 29th 2011 by Charles Alan Long

To ask other readers questions about The God Killer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The God Killer

Jason Bradley
Jan 04, 2014 Jason Bradley rated it it was amazing

A murder mystery with a serial killer who uses mythology in his killings. I kept wondering how it could go wrong (because of a few low rating with no review). And it didn't. I really enjoyed this. It was fast paced and kept me in the edge of my seat.
The murders are graphically depicted, if that bothers you.
Paul
Mar 05, 2016 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Paul by: Emilie
Shelves: review
great thriller/serial killer novel, based on the delusions of a crazed man who plays out his murders from all the ancient pantheon gods from egypt, norse to greek.
Alan
May 13, 2012 Alan rated it liked it
There is a new serial killer in the town of Normandy, Ohio, and he has a uniquely sick calling card: he arranges his killings to simulate the deaths of gods from Norse, Egyptian, Greek, and Roman mythology. Each crime scene is littered with symbolic clues, carefully chosen to indicate which god the victim represents.

The killer is extremely meticulous, and leaves no clues. Neither Detective Dylan Black nor his partner Vivienne Sheffield are versed in folklore, so they are both pleased to find tha
Emilie
Apr 27, 2015 Emilie rated it really liked it
Shelves: sexy-cops
I found this book by sheer luck and decided to give it a try. And I'm glad I did.

I rarely saw a killer this nuts in a m/m romance book. The plot was well written, the suspense barely bearable. I didn't give 5 stars because of two things:

1- I'm not a fan of the omniscient POV.
2- The ending is too cliché, what a pity!

Brandon Carlisle
Apr 01, 2013 Brandon Carlisle rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People liking thrillers
This was a great read as a thriller. M/M took a rear seat and was minimal through most of the book. The book is a real page turner and kept me interested all the way. The killer was unique among all the thrillers I have read. The two main detective characters Black and Sheffield were well done and the Myth Boy Trevor was very believable. The visits into the killer's mind were creepy and well done. I highly recommend this book as a thriller more than a M/M romance. I gave it four stars because I ...more
Don Bradshaw
Fast paced serial murder mystery with a mythological twist. Very well thought out and executed murders. I liked Trevor, Black and Sheffield as a team of three well fleshed out characters. Fenrir was the ultimate killer who creeped me out a few times. Highly recommended.
Jon
4.5 - A serial killer stalks the fictional town of Normandy, Ohio, leaving a multitude of clues for homicide Detectives Dylan Black (Black) and Vivienne Sheffield (Sheff) to decifer, but absolutely no evidence leading to the deranged killer, whose killings match the deaths of gods from Norse, Egyptian, Greek, and Roman mythology. Each crime contains symbolic clues meant to depict which god the victim is supposed to represent.

The killer is cunning, meticulous, and brutal. Lacking knowledge of anc
OkayKim
OkayKim rated it really liked it
Lada
Lada rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2012
Yoshi
Yoshi rated it liked it
Kitty
Kitty rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2014
Christy
Christy rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Pete
Pete rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2013
Mtsnow13
Mtsnow13 marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2012
Dianna
Dianna marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2012
Vio
Vio added it
Miriki
Miriki marked it as to-read
Tj
JustJen "Miss Conduct" marked it as to-read
L-D
L-D added it
Clover
Clover marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2012
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2013
Goesta
Goesta marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Danielle Harding
Danielle Harding marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Abrooks
Abrooks marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Blaze
Blaze marked it as to-read
Kazza
Kazza marked it as to-read
Meggie
Meggie marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
~RMG
~RMG marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn)
Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Clare
Clare marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Janeylou
Janeylou marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Fuyu
Fuyu marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2017