Patchwork Dog and Calico Cat
read ebook

Patchwork Dog and Calico Cat

4.55 of 5 stars 4.55  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Patchwork Dog has a knack for getting into trouble and his best friend, Calico Cat usually winds up right in the middle of the mess with him. Calico would rather spend her days sleeping in her nice comfortable bed, staying safe and worry free. She knows better than to follow Patchy when he is out looking for a new adventure, but she tags along anyway just in case…
On the ot...more
Published (first published November 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Patchwork Dog and Calico Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patchwork Dog and Calico Cat

A.E. Curzon
Patchwork Dog and Calico Cat is a series of short stories for young children, portraying the various adventures two friends, the dog and cat in the title. Together they try and learn to fly, get trapped in a shed with a skunk during the rain, and eat sour apples by mistake, to name but a few of their lovely adventures. Though Calico prefers to laze around in comfort, Patchwork is far more adventurous and just can’t resist trying everything – most of which lands him in trouble. At the end of each...more
Nicole Storey
Taken from my blog: nicolestorey.wordpress.com
Reviewed by my seven-year-old daughter, Sydney

I really liked this book! I liked the way Patchwork always wanted to go on an adventure and Calico was a scaredy cat. All of the stories were good, but my favorite was Rain, Rain, Go Away because it had another animal in it; a skunk named Tom. I like animals a lot!

I think this book would be good for other kids to read because it has fun pictures. The stories are all good and Mrs. Greta asks questions at t...more
Vickie
I previously read Greta’s book ‘Gerald and the Wee People’ and really enjoyed it, so when she asked me to proof her latest book, which was for children, I didn’t have to be asked twice. This book is written for early readers aged between 5 and 8. I don’t have children myself, so I can’t comment on how a child would react to them. I can say that I really like the book. The language is easy and flows well. The paragraphs are small and the storyline is easy to follow. It is deceptively simple thoug...more
Pierre Rooyen

Patchwork Dog and Calico Cat is good, wholesome story-telling with characters I found distinctive and appealing.

I strongly believe in simplicity of writing, that is writing for the reader and not the author. So the clear, direct, short sentences and plain language are lovely.

Not easy for an author to project characters, but I found myself developing a soft spot for Patchwork and Calico.

This is an action story and there is always something on the go. Nice work, author. The down-to-earth setting w...more
Nancy Parish
Well, not just for kids -- I like them, too! Patchy and Calico get into all sorts of trouble, but they always learn something. Great stories, great book series!
Andi Kesler
Boy, is this the best this author can do? I disagree with some other reviews here, I read this to my kids and they hated it... in fact, they asked me never to read it again. Poorly written book. Maybe I'll give this author another chance. I'll think about it! Not recommended at all.
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Kristy Griffith
Kristy Griffith marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Soldierjane
Soldierjane marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Yogesh
Yogesh marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Tami
Tami added it
Sep 03, 2014
Holly Pritchett
Holly Pritchett marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Nafatia West
Nafatia West marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Noor
Noor marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Maheen-farhan Zafar
Maheen-farhan Zafar marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Milan Agarwal
Milan Agarwal marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Rescogitans
Rescogitans marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Satbir Khinda
Satbir Khinda marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Naina
Naina marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Sneha Kulkarni
Sneha Kulkarni marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Imran
Imran marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Bryan Jacobs
Bryan Jacobs marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Xiaona An
Xiaona An marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Mea
Mea marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Dicky3616
Dicky3616 marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Abenet Asmare
Abenet Asmare marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Ilse
Ilse marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Greta Burroughs loves to read. No matter where she is, there is always a book close at hand. Her love of reading began at an early age and blossomed over time to include many different genres, her favorite now being fantasy.
As a preschool and elementary school teacher, Greta tried to instill the joy of reading in the children she worked with. Books were an important part of her classroom and story...more
More about Greta Burroughs...
Gerald and the Wee People House on Bo-Kay Lane Heartaches and Miracles Patchy and Calico's Summer Vacation: Patchwork Dog and Calico Cat Series Christmas with Patchy and Calico (Patchwork Dog and Calico Cat, #3)