Start by marking “Fragments (Partials Sequence, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fragments (Partials Sequence, #2)

Fragments (Partials Sequence #2)

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  17,199 Ratings  ·  1,535 Reviews
Author Dan Wells is back with the sequel to the sci-fi blockbuster Partials, which Pittacus Lore called a "thrilling sci-fi adrenaline rush, with one of the most compelling and frightening visions of Earth's future I've seen yet."

After discovering the cure for RM, Kira Walker sets off on a terrifying journey into the ruins of postapocalyptic America and the darkest desires
Published February 26th 2013 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Fragments, please sign up.

Alyssa I've only read the first book. I thought it was great. I don't want to give spoilers but It's about super cool fake people that were used for war. I…moreI've only read the first book. I thought it was great. I don't want to give spoilers but It's about super cool fake people that were used for war. I really like the main character too(less)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadRequiem by Lauren OliverProdigy by Marie Lu
YA Novels of 2013
28th out of 1,520 books — 10,835 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
73rd out of 2,462 books — 12,431 voters

More lists with this book...

Wendy Darling
Win a Fragments ARC on the blog!

This review is spoiler-free, and safe even if you haven't read the first book in this series.

In my review of last year's Partials, I posted a handy check list to help readers decide whether the book was for them. If you're a fan of well-written science fiction thrillers or post-apocalyptic novels with strong heroines, this series is one you should definitely check out!

What do you need to know going into the sequel?

-- There are fantastic action sequences, full of t
Renu
Dec 22, 2015 Renu rated it it was amazing
Sequels make me feel both excited and nervous. Nervous, because sometimes they don't quite live up to their predecessors and I'm left sourly disappointed. Fragments, however, didn't just meet my expectations, it exceeded them!

The story alternates between Kira and Marcus's point of view. We follow Kira (who is later joined by Samm and Heron) on her journey to find the Trust, and Marcus as he takes a stand and does what he can to save the people of Long Island. Marcus wasn't my favourite character
dluvsbooks
Just finished re-reading Partials (it was just as amazing as the first time)!!! So excited to see what happens now.

THIS DESERVES A TRILLION STARS. it's just that good!
Eric Allen
Feb 28, 2013 Eric Allen rated it it was amazing
Fragments
Book 2 of the Partials Sequence
By Dan Wells

A Review by Eric Allen

A few years ago, Suzanne Collins wrote The Hunger Games, and while not terrible, it was not exactly the best, nor most original book ever to come along. It sold ridiculously well, and this, in turn, set off what I like to call the Dystopian Revolution. Think hard, you'll see the joke in it eventually, if not outright. Publishers saw that there was huge interest in Dystopian fiction, and many an aspiring writer saw their ch
Glass
Nov 23, 2013 Glass rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia, 2013
Review from Ja čitam, a ti?

Just because of Samm. I remember when I read Partials - I was speechless and completely amazed. Dan Wells gave me exactly what I love in my post-apocalyptic novels - well thought fictional world, strong characters and captivating plot twists. I loved every second of it. Now, I finally made myself to read the sequel - and it was all because of Samm. Fragments has 576 pages!

It was kind of a... boring. One of my status updates while I had been reading was this: "And that'
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Consistently mediocre is not a bad thing for a series to be, not when there are so many bad ones constantly being sold (and praised). Fragments is a story neither better nor worse than Partials, but it is just a bit more ambitious, as it splits into two plotlines that will most assuredly come together in the end.

In Fragments, the narrative is split between Marcus and Kira, and I was very surprised to find myself enjoying Marcus’ point of view more. Far more interesting things were happening on
Meli
Feb 11, 2015 Meli rated it really liked it
POR.DIOS
Los últimos capítulos son tremendos, si bien por partes se me hizo aburrido los giros que tiene este libro te dan piel de gallina. Increíble.
Menos mal que tengo Ruinas al lado o me volvería completamente loca de la ansiedad.
Ferdy
May 12, 2013 Ferdy rated it liked it
2.5 stars - Spoilers

Meh, it was okay. The writing wasn't bad, it was just really slow and really BORING… And slow and boring aren't the best of combinations.
I enjoyed Partials far more than Fragments… I disliked the slow pace, the lack of thrilling action, and the change to multiple POV's. I would have rather read Kira's POV alone - I wasn't interested in Marcus or Samm, they were positively dull. Not that Kira was exciting but she was at least somewhat mildly engaging. Okay, that's not true, sh
Melyssa
Jul 03, 2012 Melyssa marked it as to-read
I like that people are saying that this needs more romance in it that Partials had... Haha. I am voting for a hike in the Kira/Samm story as well... But guys. The author is a dude. And even though guys do love and all that jazz, all the books I have read by male authors are a little lacking in the romance dept. Maybe Dan will pull a Hail Mary and surprise me with a realREAL love story in this one! Who knows!
Jamie (The Title Page)
This review can also be found at The Title Page

Rating: 2 Stars

So, we have a really popular book. Great reception, awesome cover, everyone seemed to love it. What do we do to boost the fame? Write a mediocre sequel, but here's the kicker..... USE THE SAME EXACT COVER! Woah! Amazing! I mean, of course, we can't use the EXACT SAME THING, so lets add another person in there, and change up the skyline a bit. WINNING!

This book was so badly thought out and researched, I want to cry out in anger... "Why
Jessica
Jun 14, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Sometimes I freak out a little that I know Dan. I've bought Girl Scout cookies from his daughter. Been to a concert with him and his lovely wife. And then you realize: Holy frak, he's probably one of the smartest writers working today. AND I KNOW HIM. Dan is a genius for using plenty of good, hard science in his books, without either confusing or condescending to the reader. You feel smarter after reading one of his books. You also feel entertained.

Oh, and stressed.

Yes, you definitely feel stres
Annabelle Marie Veronica
Dan Wells is a cruel jerk. Worst cliffhanger ever.

However, this book was amazing. Even better than book one. And that's saying something.

Review to come.
Cait Grace
After spending AGES figuring out what to rate this book, I'm giving it 4-stars when I originally thought 3-stars. I wanted to love FRAGMENTS, because PARTIALS was pure brilliance. But I didn't. You want to know the real problem?

The beginning was dead boring and the ending was dead brilliant.

See how hard that is to rate?! The ending wins me over, because I felt wowed at the ending. Jaw drop. Bug eyed. The works. I was happy and shocked for the last 150-pages. After I finished I had the whole "W
HannahCassie
MORE? MORE! @ P.S. I love that book!

So I read Partials and I loved it! Then I read a novella Isolation and it was alright. Obviously as I am on Partials train I got myself a copy of the second book Fragments and was right into it!

THE WORLD: The world in this book gets expanded! Besides the little island where humans live and the land where Partials live we get to see Chicago and Denver! And I just loved how it was portrait, especially Denver. It was just crazy. I do not want to talk too much ab
Carmen
Mar 29, 2012 Carmen marked it as to-read
Hopefully there will be more romance... OR ELSE I WILL HAVE A GIANT SPASTIC FREAK OUT.
Dana
Apr 30, 2014 Dana rated it it was amazing

This book made me question my morals constantly. Insane moral quandaries are scattered throughout this book and it makes for an amazing, if frustrating read. The benefit to this style of writing however, is that there are no black and white characters. Every choice made in this novel has epic consequences and no matter who you help someone else will suffer for it.

I almost don't want to read the next book because I feel like everything is so dire that to have any hope at all would require a farf
Darren Hagan aka snazzlebooks
**3.5 stars**
**No spoilers**

The first third of this book I found to be really quite boring and it made me slump quite bad. Then however it did seriously pick up and I flew through the rest of it. A couple of Kira's choices were questionable and there were some confusing bits. The third book has the potential to be a great finale though with all the cliffhangers from this book.
Amanda
Apr 24, 2012 Amanda added it
Oh good Lord. For people who have been so kind as to read my review for Partials... You will understand this next command:
COMMENCE SCREAMING AND RUNNING IN 3...2...1...
AAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*breath*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Samantha
Aug 08, 2013 Samantha rated it really liked it
I found this one a little confusing at times with so many parties and stories going on but I still liked it a lot. Although I didn't like the cliff hanger of an end...ahhh!
Summer
Mar 27, 2012 Summer marked it as to-read
I'm hoping Fragments will have more interactions between Kira and Samm to make up for Partials being sorely lacking in the romance department.
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Thanks to Netgalley and HarperCollins UK, Children’s for me giving this book to review.

Kira has found a cure for RM but it is not easily accessible as it means using the partials, now she is on a search across the country with Samm, Heron and an unhinged computer expert called Afa for a cure for both the humans and partials as well as answers to who she is and who know about her. Meanwhile back on Long Island, Marcu
Mikaela Schmitt
Apr 22, 2012 Mikaela Schmitt rated it it was amazing
So, this was my review for Partials: I LOVED this book!!!! It was sooooooo good!!! It had a great plot line and characters and kept you on edge the whole time. I finished it in a day because it was soooooo good!!!! This almost rates above Harry Potter and the Hunger Games!!! And for me (being a HP and HG crazed obbsessed fan) that is saying something!!! I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...more
Andrea
Dec 30, 2014 Andrea rated it really liked it
Después de más de 500 páginas de viaje, pistas contradictorias y desolación, el final del libro me puso la piel de gallina y el veredicto es que sí me gustó mucho.
Si no le puse 5 estrellas es porque esas 500 páginas de viaje, pistas contradictorias y desolación fueron muy largos (que no por eso menos interesantes) y a veces repetitivos.
Kiki
Aug 17, 2012 Kiki marked it as to-read
I'm going to give this series another chance.

I swear.

(By the way, does the guy on the cover remind anybody else of Kurtis from Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness? That game was fucking amazing.)
Kassidy
Sep 25, 2014 Kassidy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I really wanted to love this one as much as I loved the first, but it was just sooo long!
I feel like it drags at parts, there are unnecessary scenes, and it could have been 100 pages shorter. However, there are so many cool plot developments and we get a lot of answers!! I really loved the ending and I flew through the last 50 pages like they were nothing.
I am confused on Marcus' character and the relationship between him and Kira.. along with other relationships that develop. I'm not really fe
Marissa (Rae Gun Ramblings)
Fragments picks right up where Partials left off. You jump straight into the action. Kira, Marcus and the rest of the crew that I grew to love are back but they find themselves separated. There is little communication between the groups yet they are all working toward the same goal and it it so fun to see how the work Marcus's team compliments what Kira is up to. While like the first one the romance is kept to a minimum, there is one of my favorite couple-y lines of dialogue in this book. Like w ...more
Elicia (Girl in the Woods Reviews)
You can also find this review at http://girlinthewoodsreviews.blogspot...

Detailed Review: Ok. Long story short. This book was... It was... It was just... Oh my god. I don't know what to say. It was just asd;flkjadflkjaposiu AMAZING. I'm on the verge on a mental breakdown. See what this book has done to me? SEE?!? After reading Partials, I did get a good impression of the author and we even interviewed the author! Yes, we interviewed the famous Dan Wells! (You should already know that if you're a
Meera19
Apr 06, 2016 Meera19 rated it it was amazing
Um...infinity stars.
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
I've had Fragments waiting to be read for a while, and it just continuously got pushed back to the end of the reading queue. I eventually gave up trying to read it and chose to pick up the audiobook with my credits, which would mean I wouldn't have to sacrifice a book to read this, and I can listen to this one the go.

The Plot
Fragments picks up a few months after Partials. Kira is off by herself, trying to find the cure to save humans and Partials, but also trying to find out more about herself a
  • Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
  • False Sight (False Memory, #2)
  • The Lives We Lost (Fallen World, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Fuse (Pure #2)
  • MILA 2.0 (MILA 2.0, #1)
  • Ashen Winter (Ashfall, #2)
  • Override (Glitch, #2)
  • Rage Within (Dark Inside, #2)
  • The Ward (The Ward, #1)
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • Shadowlark (Skylark, #2)
  • Hover (The Taking, #2)
  • Dualed (Dualed, #1)
  • In the After (In the After, #1)
  • Resist (Breathe, #2)
  • The Prey (The Hunt, #2)
  • Phoenix (Black City, #2)
Dan Wells is a thriller and science fiction writer. Born in Utah, he spent his early years reading and writing. He is he author of the Partials series (Partials, Isolation, Fragments, and Ruins), the John Cleaver series (I Am Not a Serial Killer, Mr. Monster, and I Don't Want To Kill You), and a few others (The Hollow City, A Night of Blacker Darkness, etc). He was a Campbell nomine for best new w ...more
More about Dan Wells...

Partials Sequence (3 books)
  • Partials (Partials Sequence, #1)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)

“Humanity will destroy itself, body and soul, before it will learn a simple lesson.” 49 likes
“Facts are too busy being true to worry about how you feel about them.” 37 likes