Start by marking “D-E-D Dead!” as Want to Read:
D-E-D Dead!

D-E-D Dead! (Alby Murdoch #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  11 reviews
From the moment Alby drops his gun on a St Kilda tram he knows he’s in for a bad day. Then his partner Harry is gunned down in a Double Bay coffee shop. By lunchtime Alby realises someone wants him dead – and they want him dead now.
All Alby wants is some pasta, a good bottle of wine and to know more about the mysterious Grace Goodluck … long dark hair, legs up to there, an
Audio CD
Published May 1st 2012 by Bolinda Audio (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about D-E-D Dead!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about D-E-D Dead!

David
A funny, irreverent and well written Australian spy/thriller spoof by Geoff McGeachin. The central character, Alby Murdoch is a talented photographer for Worldpix, a legitimate profit-making photographic enterprise. This in turn provides an excellent cover for Alby's real job, as a spy for the Directorate for Extra-territorial Defence (D-E-D) - another Australian government funded security acronym.

Alby is likeable, laconic and amusing in a 'laugh out loud' kind of way. He and his partner Harry
Kathleen Hagen
D-E-D Dead, by Geoffrey McGeachin, A-minus. Narrated by Peter Hosking, produced by Bolinda Publishing, downloaded from audible.com.

This is one of those books with a wonderfully sharp wit and dark humor, and Hosking reads it very well. Albie is a photographer who works for an Australian company DED. He produces world-famous photographs which he can sell to the Likes of National Geographic, but this company’s real purpose is to ferret out private information of use to the government. He and his fr
Tyson Adams
I read the sequel to this book last year - DED and Kicking - and loved it. It was fast paced, humorous and tickled my inner Aussie. Geoff really knows how to set up a quick read thriller.

I read the last book in roughly an afternoon and that is roughly how long this one took to read as well. Even at 300 pages it literally flew past. Very enjoyable Sunday afternoon read.

One thing that should be noted though is that Geoff loves Australia and Asia, is not big on politicians and America. He writes wi
Deb Bodinnar
First book by the Author that I have read. It was amusing in parts, slow in others but I did enjoy it.
Lyn Richards
I enjoyed this book. It was a good paced storyline. I loved the fact that the author provided the reader with an update of the characters Faith and Martin from his novel, fat, fifty and f**ked.....very clever.

In this story Alby predictably bumbles his way from one crazy situation to the next, which just adds to his likability.

It was a fun read..
Charmaine
I listened to the Bolinda Audio Book on a long car journey and laughed out loud so often at the dry wit and quirky remarks that my husband was feeling left out! Thoroughly enjoyed the crazy story line and the narrator was engrossing. Another good job Bolinda.
Marti
Entertaining. Guys would probably get more out of this than I did. Lots of references to specific types of guns, bombs, airplane engines, machinery that were kind of wasted on me but it was a fun-to-read modern spy novel.
Karl
Well written and quite funny. I wanted to start reading Australian authors, so I started here. I hope this is the beginning of a happy reading road.
James Anderson
Good spy thriller with an Aussie bent and sense of humour. Mentions locations you might know if you've visited parts of Oz. a good page turner.
Cherie
Quirky in the way it's written. Quite humourous.

Was a bit slow in some places but the writing made up for it.
Matt Moor
Hilarious Aussie larakin take on James Bond.
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Snucklepuff
Snucklepuff marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Peter Anderson
Peter Anderson marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Kerri Mccarron
Kerri Mccarron marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: D-E-D Dead! needs a cover 2 12 May 10, 2015 04:19AM
Melbourne-born Geoff McGeachin has spent much of his life shooting pictures for advertising, travel, theatre and feature films. His work has taken him all over the world including stints living in Los Angeles, New York and Hong Kong. He is now based in Sydney, where he teaches photography and writes.

His first novel, FAT, FIFTY & F***ED! won the inaugural AUSTRALIAN POPULAR FICTION COMPETITION
More about Geoffrey McGeachin...

Alby Murdoch (3 books)
  • Sensitive New Age Spy
  • Dead and Kicking
The Diggers Rest Hotel (Charlie Berlin, #1) Black Wattle Creek (Charlie Berlin, #2) St Kilda Blues (Charlie Berlin, #3) Fat, Fifty & F***Ed! Sensitive New Age Spy