Start by marking “Legends of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #2)” as Want to Read:
Legends of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #2)

Legends of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl #2)

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  5,812 Ratings  ·  405 Reviews
Fame comes at a price...

Zita must find her way back to earth...but her space adventures have made her a galactic megastar! Who can you trust when your true self is overshadowed by your public image? And to make things worse...Zita's got a robot double making trouble--while wearing her face!
Published September 4th 2012 by First Second (first published September 1st 2012)

Erica
I'd read Zita the Spacegirl when it was first released and I've been meaning to read the other two but only just got around to it this past weekend, six years later.
Better late than never, I suppose.

Zita continues to be all delightful and human, full of real characteristics and feelings and also a little piss-n-vinegar. She's a cool kid.
In this installment, however, her coolness factor begins to ebb throughout the galaxies as an imposter takes her place, forcing her to make some questionable dec
First Second Books
Aug 29, 2012 First Second Books marked it as first-second-publications
We love Zita the Spacegirl!

This book is full of robots, a giant mouse, the circus, more robots, people that explode, and lots of delightful, girl-centric adventure capers with a definitively aw-inducing ending.

Ben's art is wonderful -- you just want to go off to where-ever-in-the-galaxy that Zita is and be her friend (with her giant mouse). Maybe someday we can all have adventures together!
Raina
May 09, 2012 Raina rated it it was amazing
This may be my favorite kids comic series ever.

Seriously. This sequel is just as good, maybe better, than the first one.

Zita is now famous in the galaxy as a hero, and with that fame comes responsibility and expectations. She must rescue entire planets! She must deal with paparazzi! She must battle robots which have taken over her identity!
This volume introduces several great new characters, including the RingMistress, who will inspire many halloween costumes. I definitely think that the thing
Carmen
Jul 05, 2015 Carmen rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
This is better than the first book: Zita the Spacegirl. Zita meets a robot that can imitate anyone, and it steals her identity, leading to much trouble.
Lata
Dec 09, 2016 Lata rated it liked it
Action-filled. Again recommended to me by my child.
Nicola Mansfield
Nov 12, 2014 Nicola Mansfield rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sequel doesn't disappoint. Zita and her friends return but now that Zita is a hero everybody wants her autograph and she temporarily switches places with a robot who can imitate others. But the robot has a mind of her own ... What an imagination this author has! I just loved the fantastical world setting, space aliens and robots he has created. Even though there is no magic, I can't help but describe the way I felt reading this as "magical". Great, fun, adventurous story and fantabulistic il ...more
Nancy Kotkin
Story: 5 stars
Art: 5 stars

Everything a children’s graphic novel should be! Doppelganger bots, bad hearts, humans you don’t know whether they’re good or bad, a cat and mouse team of outlaws. Brilliant saves and narrow misses. Unexpected twists. Zita the Spacegirl becomes the wanted Zita the Crimegirl. And who says overnight sensations aren’t possible? Zita just keeps getting better and better.
Michelle
Jul 21, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
***Review of an ARC***

This was much better than I expected it to be. Even though I haven't read Zita the Spacegirl, this sequel was easy to get into. I was a little confused in the beginning, but it's not hard to figure out what happened before.

The cover was what attracted me to this graphic novel. It looked colorful and fun. I think others have mentioned this already, but the artwork reminds me very much of stuff by Hayao Miyazaki. The artwork inside was just as amazing as the cover. I was worr
Madeleine Gamboa
May 27, 2015 Madeleine Gamboa rated it liked it
I think this book is cool because it is about a robot that saw a picture of Zita and dressed like her. Zita had to go on stage for some reasons but she saw a robot that looked like her so she told ther robot to go on stage instead of her.Then mouse and Zita went to go on an adventure.
Soh Kam Yung
Feb 05, 2017 Soh Kam Yung rated it liked it
In this second book of Zita's adventures, she is now famous. But she finds fame boring and yearns to return home. Then, an encounter with a robot that can look like her gives her a chance to escape fame for a while. But that encounter would lead to danger for a planet looking for a hero to save it and to Zita being labeled a criminal.

Initially, Zita is selfish, only thinking of freedom. But when others act to sacrifice themselves to save her from capture, she finally decides to become the hero t
Cecilia
3.5 stars I really like this sequel to Zita the Spacegirl. Hatke illustrates very well and the story takes an unexpected direction.
Larry C
Jan 19, 2017 Larry C rated it really liked it
Outer space has never been this cute or this much fun until now.
Zaz
Jan 29, 2017 Zaz rated it really liked it
A pleasant sequel. I didn't really like the beginning with all the hype and a not very interesting Zita, but when things became messy it was more pleasant to read. I enjoyed to follow the adventure and to discover the new aliens.
Dani Shuping
May 26, 2012 Dani Shuping rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I remember discovering Zita in webcomic format several years ago and being entranced, not only with the character of Zita and the adventures she took, but Ben’s incredible artwork as well. Sadly at some point I lost track of the site and Zita. And then...last year Zita the Spacegirl was released and Zita was able to tell us her full story of how she got into space. And why she was a hero. I feel in love with Zita all over again and I couldn't wait to read more about her adventures. Thankfully Be ...more
Bookphile
May 24, 2014 Bookphile rated it really liked it
When I read the first Zita, I thought it was pretty good, but I wasn't sure graphic novels were for me. I can't place my finger on just what it was, as I don't think there was anything technically wrong with it, but it just didn't pull me under like my favorite stories do.

So I proceeded to the second, and I was surprised when I found I liked it better than the first. I think this is due to a couple of things, but the biggest one is that I felt the series is starting to hit its stride.

New charact
Matthew
Now that everything is solved and done thanks to Zita, she is on the mission to find her way back home. The remote button that takes her back home only works with a powerful crystal and she used all its power in order to save everyone from the meteor. Piper originally betrayed her in the beginning but in the end he redeemed himself and luckily he has plenty of fuel to travel slowly back to Earth for Zita. What is different about this volume is we get caught up in drama that delays Zita's mission ...more
Angela Bailey
Mary Catelli
More light-heated action and adventure in children's graphic novels.

Volume 2 and volume 3 are more connected to each other than the first one to them. Though volume 2 does round off its story before we learn how things will continue. Spoilers ahead, to be sure, for volume 1.

Legends starts with a deactivated robot coming to life, discovering that all Zita's fans are coming to see her at an event, needless to say, organized by Piper. Her effort to explain that it was really Robot Randy are treated
Justin G
Dec 13, 2012 Justin G rated it it was amazing
This book is the sequel to Zita the Spacegirl. After rescuing her friend, Zita finds out that she has a clone-like robot that takes her spot. Zita also gets left behind when the clone robot wants more fame. A mysterious mask wearing alien gives Zita tickets to the circus. She finds a perfect opportunity to escape at the circus.

Zita commandeers a ship and is hunted by inter galactic police. When she almost gets captured, the mysterious mask wearing alien saves her. It turns out that the alien is
Tasha
Apr 10, 2012 Tasha rated it it was amazing
This is the sequel to the wonderful graphic novel, Zita the Spacegirl. In this second book, Zita is having to deal with her fame seriously cramping her style. She can’t go anywhere without security (in the form of the friends she made in the first book.) So when an opportunity arises, Zita heads away with Mouse for a little time alone. Little does Zita know, but a discontinued robot who can make herself look like another person, has disguised herself as Zita. By the time Zita realizes what has h ...more
HBalikov
Jul 21, 2014 HBalikov rated it liked it
Book 2 - a good continuation of Book 1, Zita the Spacegirl
Summary of Book 1 rating

Artwork: Good (sometimes simple is better)
Story: Very Good

Children to 'tweens: highly recommended
Young Adults: recommended
Adults: enjoyable

Zita has a special charm, without being cutesy. She may be wrong, or insensitive, but she learns from her experiences and her usual good intentions have a positive effect on those around her. Book 2 has some more special friends that show Hatke's inventiveness and sense of humor
Julie
Ok, I've gone back and read book 1 now.... and obviously, this story made much more sense to me. There are parallels here that I couldn't see before, and I know more of the characters. I'm looking forward to book 3.

______ Original review below, from before I realized I'd started with book 2... _____

I really liked the artwork but I didn't get as caught up in the story as I would have liked. I'll read book two, and see if it picks up. A good recommendation for middle graders (girl or boy), though.
Jim
Ben Hatke gives us a great follow-up to Zita the Spacegirl. Zita is still trying to get home, and this follows her through her adventures in space. Well, obviously, I guess.

If you can spend some time just looking at the art, it is really amazing, if simple. One thing I noticed in this book is how Hatke does a fantastic job giving the characters expressions - especially the aliens who don't usually have human-like faces. You know exactly what they're expressing even with the his simple art style
Annie
Jan 10, 2016 Annie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Legends of Zita the Spacegirl is the second book in the Zita trilogy. After helping to save a planet from an asteroid, Zita is an intergalactic star touring the galaxy as she slowly makes her way back towards Earth. However, fame is not so fun after a while and when a robotic Zita look alike comes along, Zita is happy to switch places to get some time away. But trouble ensues when the robotic Zita decides she is taking over and real Zita gets left behind while her friends fly ahead. As in the fi ...more
Momo
Nov 25, 2014 Momo rated it liked it
Summary: a girl named Zita has a robot take her place for a little bit which was a bad idea!! Then the piper leaves with the robot and Sita has to find her way back but has no friends to help her because no one really believes it is the real Zita.
My opinion: it was great and adventurous and I recommend it to everyone
Christian world view: the characters were in the flesh. They also did and didn't please God but thankfully they didn't say his name in vain or did that kind of thing. There was qui
Kellee
I need another Zita book stat!

Legends of Zita picks up not long after the first book ends- Zita is a hero and all worship the ground she walks on, but Zita just wants to be normal. So, she finds a robot to take her place, but the robot decides to take over forever. Zita must figure out how to get her life back.

Zita is one of my favorite graphic novel protagonists- you can't go wrong with a brave girl who is loyal and smart.
Whitney
Apr 18, 2012 Whitney rated it really liked it
This follow-up to Zita the Spacegirl is every bit as fun, charming, and delightful as the first. Zita's adventures are spot-on for the target young elementary school audience, but are just as enjoyable for readers of all ages. This ends with a 'to be continued' so we are sure to get at least one more volume, but I hope for many more to come!
JellyBean
Nov 05, 2014 JellyBean rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It is about this girl named Zita who loses her friend in a weird saucer hole thing. So she goes to find her friend and gets stuck in this worlds and it is going to explode in 3 days and Zita saves the day (somehow)
Kaethe
Now poor Zita has to deal with the repercussions of being an intergalactic superhero. It's not easy being the girl in the green cape. Luckily, she has friends who are both exciting and helpful.

Library copy
Caticorn
Dec 03, 2014 Caticorn rated it it was amazing
Good book! It was just as good as the first I'd say. Still recommend this to anyone. If anyone read the first and liked it then they would probably like this one too! It didn't really stand out though.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #128 Legends of Zita the Spacegirl by Ben Hatke 1 1 Nov 21, 2016 06:54AM
  • The Thief and the Sword (Cleopatra in Space, #2)
  • Earthling!
  • Hilda and the Midnight Giant
  • The Secret of the Stone Frog: A TOON Graphic
  • Giants Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette #1)
  • The Captive Prince (Three Thieves, #3)
  • Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Big Bad Ironclad! (Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales, #2)
  • How Mirka Met a Meteorite (Hereville #2)
  • Hades: Lord of the Dead (Olympians, #4)
  • The Silver Six
  • Mal and Chad: Food Fight! (Mal and Chad, #2)
  • The Power of the Parasite (Squish, #3)
  • Rutabaga the Adventure Chef (Adventure Chef #1)
  • Monster on the Hill
  • The Golden Twine
  • The Mystery Boxes (Explorer, #1)
Ben Hatke is an author and illustrator of graphic novels and picture books. Most notably he is the creator of the Zita the Spacegirl graphic novel series.

He posts art and stories online at:

www.benhatke.com
More about Ben Hatke...

Zita the Spacegirl (3 books)
  • Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #1)
  • The Return of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #3)