The Eye of the World: the Graphic Novel, Volume Two

The Eye of the World: the Graphic Novel, Volume Two (The Wheel of Time - Graphic Novels #2)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  26 reviews
The second volume of the magnificent New York Times bestselling graphic novel adaptation of Robert Jordan’s The Eye of the World
With the full cooperation of the Jordan estate, The Eye of the World has been turned into a stunning comic book series. Volume One of The Eye of the World: the Graphic Novel was published by Tor in the Fall of 2011 and was a New York Times bestse...more
Published June 19th 2012 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about The Eye of the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eye of the World

Josh
So, Volume 2 of The Eye of the World is out. I loved it; the artwork was great, and the graphic form makes the novel leap of the page. It was awesome seeing the meeting of some of my favorite characters such as Min and Nyneave. Also the prose and the dialogue are so good - I'm sure they're from the novel itself - that it only reminds me how much better The Wheel of Time is than any other series I've ever read. It just stands apart.

As before, my only complaint would be with the pacing... How man...more
Mel
I enjoyed it!

Padan Fain and Ishamael are drawn wonderfully. Nynaeve isn’t particularly beautiful in this version, which I prefer. One of Robert Jordan’s failings (in my opinion) is that almost all of the women who are important to the story are described as beautiful. I have always felt Nynaeve should have been a strong, competent woman whose appearance wasn’t relevant. (I still don’t accept that Lan would have ever loved her, but that’s an argument for another day.)

Alex Ristea
It's fun being back in this world, and these graphic novels are an easy way to revisit the story without doing an actual re-read so soon after the fact.

The art is pretty good, though the pages are a bit text-heavy, both in terms of dialogue and narration.

It's obviously an adaptation, since I have seen much better uses of this medium, but it does a good job for what it's supposed to be, and doesn't pretend otherwise.
Mary Baldwin
I have read RJ's The Wheel of Time series from end to end twice, yet somehow the existence of the graphic novels escaped me. Until now.

I am a huge fan of Chuck Dixon mainly for his work on Batman and he hasn't disappointed in bringing to life the characters in these novels. I would absolutely recommend anyone who, like me, has read the novels then goes on to read the graphics. It's such a powerful visual reminder of the world you grow to love in the novels.

As standalone graphic novels though, I...more
Katie
I won this book through First Reads. Thanks, Tor and to Goodreads!

First, some background: I haven't yet read the first volume of the Eye of the World graphic novel, and I have really little familiarity with graphic novels as a medium in general. But I do know Robert Jordan! Since I first started reading the Wheel of Time books about ten years ago (!) they've always had a special place in my heart and I think that they still stand as a very good example of how to write Tolkien-style fantasy witho...more
Magila
2.5

The art still has a substantial way before this deserves a 4 or 5. I was pleased to see its quality and consistency to have improved from the first installment. It's still not there though.

While the illustrations still leave something to be desired - when compared to even some children's books let alone graphic novels - its lettering was what really disappointed. The writing, and conveying of the story needs to be tightened up. Yes. But even still, there is a way to do better than the bubble...more
Kellie
I have read this book to review the content in order to purchase the item for our library collection. While I have not read the Wheel of Time series the graphic novel is quite intriguing. Like the first volume some of the graphics work could use a little refining. There seems to be a lot of back and forth between cartoony images and more mature graphic work. Other than that and the obvious bad female forms (big boobs and tiny waists) this series looks as though it would fit into our library.

As f...more
Gautam Surath
In most cases reading the graphic novel right after finishing the book can be disappointing because for all its visual appeal a graphic novel does not do justice to the vivid descriptions of the book. In this case though I found that the Graphic novel helped me relive in the initial books of the franchise and enjoy them all over again without having to read the whole series again. The depth on the this novel is pretty good and most of the improtant storylines are covered in depth. Volume 2 bring...more
Ginny
Too many lettering errors to give five stars.
Shannon
The actual cover is different than the one in this image. In fact, Shelfari has pretty much messed up the order of the books by listing New Spring as book 1. Anyway, this volume continues Eye of the World up through the group running towards Shadar Logoth. The art is still great and of course the story is amazing. I'm not sure if those who haven't read the books will really get everything that's happening as it's been so long since I was a new reader for the series, but I like to think it would...more
Jared Rasic
Very very dull.
Shivering William
I think the moment I felt truly released from this series was when I had to read four pages of one character explaining to another why she was the one chosen from the village to track him down. This has no bearing on the story whatsoever. Four pages is a lot of comic real estate, and I can only imagine that the book-version is just as needlessly exhaustive. I mean, we are talking about seventeen 1,000 page volumes here. So, that's it. I'm finished. Not particularly interesting, no engaging chara...more
Michelle M
I am loving these graphic adaptations of the first book in the Wheel of Time series. I've read the original novel many, many times yet I still find this fresh and new, the visuals and languid pace that come with the format change are a joy, to see scenes mostly as I imagined but so much more detailed. Highly recommended if you're a die hard fan.
Jim
This series is excellent.
Michael Nash
Better than the first one because of noticeably superior artwork and the fact that it covers a part of the story where things are actually happening. Still, the translation from novel to comic doesn't work terribly well
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
This was really good, and now that I'm addicted to the story, I am desperate for another volume. Fingers crossed the next volume will come out soonish.
Garrett Mccutcheon
A continuation of Volume 1. The art continues to be fantastic, and the story true to Jordan's vision. I will definitely be continuing to read this series.
Tobi
Mar 31, 2013 Tobi added it
Very thought provoking and great character development. There is a log of information to keep up with but keeps you wanting to read more.
Shanna
I've read the Wheel of Time multiple times, so it's pretty awesome to get to read it in a new way. Plus, it's so pretty.
Lonnie Smith
The art has improved, and it is SO nice to see our imagination take shape in the illustrated novel! A must read for Jordan fans.
Nenia Campbell
I tried reading Eye of the World once before, in college. I made the mistake of assuming it was going to be an easy read and was sadly mistaken; it was thicker than some of my textbooks. The book ended up shoved in a crate of books that I didn't have time to read. I'm still working my way through them.

So when I found out that they were breaking up Eye of the World into small, bite-sized, illustrated installments, I was excited. What a wonderful way to see if I was going to be interested in pursu...more
Amy
I love seeing EotW in this format (hence the four stars), but the artwork is just good, not great.
Christina
Got this as a First reads on goodreads for free. I really enjoyed the graphic novel!
Donald
Solid adaptation. Inconsistent artwork, some of which is borderline bad.
Laurel
Jul 14, 2012 Laurel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Can't wait to read the third!
Nina
Nina is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
  • Girl Genius, vol 11: Agatha Heterodyne and the Hammerless Bell
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2
  • Sojourn: The Graphic Novel (Legend of Drizzt: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Willow: Wonderland
  • Looking For Group, Volume 1
  • The Eternity Code: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • Hatter M, Vol. 4: Zen of Wonder
  • Lucifer, Book One (Lucifer, #1)
  • Inverloch Volume 1
  • Angel & Faith: Daddy Issues (Angel & Faith, #2)

Robert Jordan was the pen name of James Oliver Rigney, Jr., under which he was best known as the author of the bestselling The Wheel of Time fantasy series. He also wrote under the names Reagan O'Neal and Jackson O'Reilly.

Jordan was born in Charleston, South Carolina. He served two tours in Vietnam (from 1968 to...more
More about Robert Jordan...
The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1) The Great Hunt (Wheel of Time, #2) The Dragon Reborn (Wheel of Time, #3) The Shadow Rising (Wheel of Time, #4) The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time, #12)