Start by marking “Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, Vol. 01 (Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, #1)” as Want to Read:

Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, Vol. 01 (Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz #1)

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,048 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
The sequel to the New York Times bestselling manga Alice in the Country of Hearts

This all-new manga series reimagines Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland in a sly, sexy shoujo style that follows up QuinRose's New York Times bestselling Alice in the Country of Hearts, but can be read independently. Each new volume is an oversized editions that feature impressive artwork a
Published July 3rd 2012 by Seven Seas (first published December 25th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Alice in the Country of Clover, please sign up.

Emily Basically, the only thing you can read on hear is about the book and reviews from other people.
Pandora Hearts, Vol. 07 by Jun MochizukiBlack Butler, Vol. 6 by Yana TobosoDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaKimi ni Todoke by Karuho ShiinaBlack Butler, Vol. 1 by Yana Toboso
Best Manga Covers
32nd out of 480 books — 142 voters
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriLibrary Wars by Kiiro YumiNisekoi by Naoshi KomiSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraAbsolute Boyfriend, Vol. 01 by Yuu Watase
Hilarious Manga
39th out of 50 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Alice
Nov 25, 2012 Alice rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Wonderful series, wonderful book. I believe this is the best 'Alice in Wonderland' related story, or manga. Much better then anything else I've heard,read, or seen. The movie though was abit on the confusing side...Glad i read the manga first! ^^
For all the people who just happened to come across this book (Cheshire Cat Waltz, Vol.1), Don't read it quite yet. Go read 'Alice in the Country of Hearts' first. Thats the first series. Yes, its confusing, not being able to tell the first series from t
Callie Rose Tyler
Jul 28, 2014 Callie Rose Tyler rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This just wasn't as entertaining as the first series. For one thing my favorite character, Julius the clock repairer, is absent. Several characters have shifted into a new land, the Country of Clover, and the rest were left behind in the Country of Hearts. There is no Clock Tower or Amusement Park in Clover and unfortunately these were the locales I found most interesting.

This series seems to focus on Boris as the main love interest. In Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 1 Boris, the Cheshire
Rachel
Jan 10, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The Alice in the Country of... series are adaptions based on the otome (maiden) games of the same name. Each installment places the lead character Alice amongst a reverse-harem where her decisions change so that she becomes romantically involved with a different character for that story. Loosely based on Alice in Wonderland, the original six volume set, Alice in the Country of Hearts, explains her arrival and introduces us to the entire cast. Wonderland is full of oddities and one of these is th ...more
Lanie Sanders
Pretty good. Boris is one of my favorites. In the 1st books where she was just starting to figure things out he seemed to be the only one who really listened, really wanted to change. Like, Boris was most willing to rethink his insane, sociopathic behavior towards life and The faceless. It was really sweet. :D I also love Juluis. He's so abrasively sweet.

Alice her self is a good character. Hardworking & with a bit of a bitter chip on her shoulder. She doesn't want to fall in over & get
colleen the fabulous fabulaphile
I'm just going to write one review for this whole arc, because I read them all within a 24 hour time frame, and there's no way I can try and remember where one book left off and the next started, so...

This is a companion story to Alice in the Country of Hearts. At the start of this story, instead of Alice choosing someone at the end, it assumes that Alice stayed in Wonderland but hadn't fallen in love. So we're at the end of the Hearts, but with a different ending...

This particular story, as the
Alice Amaris
Jan 23, 2014 Alice Amaris rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, graphic-novel
This manga series I believe is a companion to "Alice in the Country of Hearts." Though there are other characters that take the main role in the Country of Clover, I am starting with Cheshire (A.k.a Boris) because he is my favourite.

(view spoiler)
Jessie Potts
Jul 13, 2012 Jessie Potts rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Ok I liked this one better than the bloody twins, and am glad that Boris will get multiple volumes. I still like Country of Hearts better, but this volume was more cohesive than the last.
Emri
Jun 29, 2012 Emri added it
How do u read on this thing wat do u have to hit
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Feb 02, 2013 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it liked it
Shelves: own, manga
~3/5
[Also available on my blog.]

I’m kind of unsure what to think about this spin-off.

First of all, I don’t like how the story was changed. In this version, Alice lives in the Amusement Park, and Alice meets Boris differently than she did in the original. Which, I guess, could work alright, but when the book started, it just made me feel confused and like I’d missed something. Like there was a different before this one that I did not read, but I’m pretty sure that’s not the case. It didn’t really
Kate
Ah, now it's the Cheshire Cat's turn to try to woo Alice in this adaptation of QuinRose's reverse harem visual novel game. The country has shifted from Hearts to Clover, and Alice is feeling unsure and vulnerable. She's relieved when she sees that Boris, the Cheshire Cat, has made it to Clover because not everyone has.

We learn some neat things about Boris in Cheshire Cat Waltz, including his ability to connect different pockets of space by the simple opening of a door (beats walking to a destin
Ardith
Jul 03, 2013 Ardith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Some people find the Alice books confusing so I hope this helps. This manga is based off of a Japanese otome game, or a romantic game for girls. The company that made the game is QuinRose. In this game, the main character, Alice, can end up with one of the many handsome, crazy guys who live in the new world she is taken to. The Alice in the Country of Hearts omnibus books are one play-through of the game. The other spin offs in the Country of Hearts are adaptations of other play-throughs. Right ...more
Charlotte
Jan 26, 2013 Charlotte rated it really liked it
For those of you who are not familiar with the premise of these "Alice in the Country of Hearts/Clover/Joker" series', it's that the manga are based on a dating sims video game of the same name, in which the female player takes control of Alice and strives to make one of the lucky men in Wonderland fall for her. Each series of Alice books follows the video game's premise, in which Alice ends up in a relationship with each of the men in Wonderland. In Cheshire Cat Waltz however, it focuses on Ali ...more
Drine Psylook
Mar 04, 2014 Drine Psylook rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J’ai passé un bon moment, je me suis bien amusée avec ce premier tome. Moi qui habituellement déteste arriver au milieu d’une saga, là, je n’ai pas eu cette sensation de frustration que je peux ressentir en arrivant au sein d’une histoire, ce qui pour moi, est un point très positif.
Bref, j’ai vraiment bien aimé ; il faudra que je me procure la suite pour voir comment les choses vont tourner pour tout ce petit monde de Wonderland.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
While this was okay, I mean its good at times and weird in other moments, I found this one to be a little better. Mostly for Cheshire because I find him the most interesting. Then again, I thought the same for the Cheshire character in Pandora as well. Must be because I like Cheshire Cat. Anyway, this one was a little better. Art still fantastic.
Naruto4Hokage(Jessica)
Jul 20, 2013 Naruto4Hokage(Jessica) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Alice in wonderland fans
They finally got this in at my library!!!
It was amazing! I already thought Boris was my favourite character after reading the original 6 mangas of Alice in the Country of Hearts. He is now an even bigger favourite character!
And the Bloody Twins?! They're so weird. I mean, they're cute, but really weird....
The March Hare, Elliot is another big fav of mine. He doesn't have much of a role in this volume but, I'm looking forward to seeing more of him!
I think the Mad Hatter is kind of creeping me out
Anika
Aug 05, 2015 Anika marked it as to-read
Quite excited to read this because I love Boris! It took some time to accept him as a potential lover for Alice, but I can totally see it now. Out of all the other guys, he truly is the sweetest and the kindest towards Alice. I look forward to seeing how their romance unfolds in the Country of Clover... (:
Scar
Dec 27, 2015 Scar added it
Getting tired of this series, and I haven't even been reading it for awhile. Warmed up to it at the last few pages though. I'm liking Boris, by the end of the book, M-A-Y-B-E but the Lizard is still my favorite. The romance is over powering and the rest is musing. I'm definitely tired of it. I need a story. Romance is fine, and I've even grown to like it in books in general, but it still has. to. have. a story. And a consistent one at that.
Talia
Boris has always had my heart. Blood is next. He's wonderful in a weird, bad boy way! I really love that they made these. And there are so many. I really loved the original series.
Lacey
Apr 04, 2014 Lacey rated it really liked it
Tried to read it..I'm sure that it's good and all but I got confused trying to read it. So no more Anime for me. But the art work is amazing.
Weetzie
Nov 14, 2014 Weetzie rated it it was amazing
Really fun story, I have been needing to follow up on the Wonderland stories and I was not disappointed!
Amanda
Jul 03, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it
Am I supposed to be rooting for Alice & Boris?! He's pushy & manipulative.. :/ 3.5 stars
Brittany
Apr 09, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing
I love the Chesire Cat's character Boris. He's just so cute and cool. He knows what he wants and is very respectful towards Alice. Even though he's determined to Alice he respects her boundaries the best he can. Right now he's the one I really would want Alice to end up with if she were to stay, but of course I wanna read the other stories before I say that. In the other books I was rooting for Boris and Blood (Mad Hatter). Of course in this new series everyone still wants Alice, but it mostly r ...more
Nina
Jul 16, 2015 Nina rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*
Karis
Feb 10, 2014 Karis rated it it was amazing
MUST READ FOR CHESIRE CAT "BORIS" FANS!! Aware chez!!! Er... boris!!!! I hve always loved c.cat best and then Alice in the country of... Didn't have a whole lot with che...Boris so I'm totaly psyched that QuinRose did clover!!! Ou get a better look at Boris and his feelings and impression of Alice!!!! And gotta say I'm totaly team Boris. Even though Elliot and blood are still there they aren't as prominent yet. Still love all of the country of characters but Boris is my número UNO!
Selena
Heck yes! Cheshire Cat time! And it seems Boris's flirtations with Alice span multiple volumes. Maybe because their relationship is more complicated than the twins?

There was a side-story at the end that was about Boris and Alice, though I wish they hadn't put it in this volume. The sub-story designation wasn't so obvious at first, and if it weren't for the fact it was back in Hearts in the Amusement park, I wouldn't have realized it was a side-story.
Kyogou
Mar 03, 2015 Kyogou rated it really liked it
I really do like the art of this series, but I need to stop reading them out of order because my image of the lineup of events is all out of whack. But it starts off the land of Clover pretty easily, saying Alice has been uprooted from her residence in the Amusement Park. When she starts feeling like she's lost everything and has to start over again, she meets Boris, who apparently followed her to the country of Clover.
Jessie Radford
Aug 24, 2013 Jessie Radford rated it really liked it
This is where the Alice and Boris storyline began and it should have ended here as well. It shouldn't have drug out for 4 more volumes. It should have gotten the same amount of run time as the others. Plus they should have left some of Boris's personality from the previous series. Some of us miss the adorable and protective cat!
Anna Ivanova
I have a serious soft spot for cats....
And Cheshire cats.....
Kitty~ <3
Heehee,I just had to buy this book. I couldn't resist~ but now I want the second book and I don't wanna wait to buy it. >0<
Also, I adore the cover. It's so beautiful and colorful! Oh and did I mention that I like kitties?
Reeva
Jun 19, 2013 Reeva rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love love love love Boris!!! This is going to be my favorite alternative story! I always wanted her to end up with the Cheshire cat! Boris is so adorable and sexy! :3 Meow! Love when he flattens his ears cause he is sad, Just to cute!
  • 彩雲国物語 9
  • Grand Guignol Orchestra, Vol. 5
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 3
  • Ai Ore! Love Me! Vol. 1
  • Alice in the Country of Diamonds: Bet On My Heart
  • わたしに××しなさい! 5 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #5)
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 4
  • From Far Away, Vol. 14
  • Zombie-Loan, Vol. 13
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 9 (Library Wars: Love & War, #9)
  • NORA: The Last Chronicle of Devildom, Vol. 1 (Nora, #1)
  • Zero's Familiar Omnibus 1-3
  • Inu x Boku SS, Vol. 1
  • Black Bird, Vol. 14 (Black Bird, #14)
  • Kasumi, Volume 1 (Kasumi, #1)
  • Hana-Kimi (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 2: Includes vols. 4, 5 & 6
  • Mugen Spiral, Vol. 01
Quinrose is a games company which is also responsible for the manga based on their games.
More about QuinRose...

Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz (7 books)
  • Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, Vol. 02 (Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, #2)
  • Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, Vol. 03 (Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, #3)
  • Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, Vol. 04 (Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, #4)
  • Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, Vol. 05 (Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, #5)
  • Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, Vol. 06 (Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, #6)
  • クローバーの国のアリス~チェシャ猫とワルツ~ 7

“But I like Alice. And I can tell that she's had to face some tough stuff. You can see it in her face when she thinks you're not looking.” 5 likes