Start by marking “The Beast of Baskerville (Deadtime Stories, #13)” as Want to Read:
The Beast of Baskerville (Deadtime Stories, #13)

The Beast of Baskerville (Deadtime Stories #13)

The Deadtime Stories by "Twisted Sisters" Annette and Gina Cascone--they'll scare you silly.

Everyone in Baskerville knows about Jimmy Leeds. In fact, Adam Riley and his friends have been telling scary stories about Jimmy for years--stories they don't really believe. After all, how can anyone believe in a half-human beast with horns and hooves?

But the legend of Jimmy Leeds
Published May 8th 2012 by Starscape

To ask other readers questions about The Beast of Baskerville, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beast of Baskerville

Ms. Mielke's Class
Nov 03, 2015 Ms. Mielke's Class rated it really liked it
Why you should read this book. It is a good fantasy book I like it because I like books that are kind of scary and have a mythical creature that is a killer or a nice monster just really big and hairy. The book is about a big hairy beast that is really actually nice to people and just wanted to break the curse so he could be normal.DK
Alisa Hedden
Oct 21, 2012 Alisa Hedden rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to be able to read 3 books from this series:
The Beast of the Baskerville
Invasion of the Appleheads
The Little Magic Shop of Horrors
Normally I would do a book by book review, but I wanted to make sure that these authors did not fall into the all too easy trap of having each book of a series essentially just is a repeat of the previous book. So before I recommended these books to anyone, I had to be sure.
Happily, the sisters manage to avoid the most common pitfalls of a series
Caleb Czeck
Mar 18, 2015 Caleb Czeck rated it really liked it
I think that this book is really weird and kind of confusing. There's this kid named Dougie, and he is obsessed with the legend of the Beast of Baskerville. He tries to scare everyone to death with the legend and everything about it. It turns out that J.J. the weird kid is Jimmy Leeds who is the beast. He drags 13 kids into a sewer and makes them sing "Happy Birthday" to J.J. so that he can be a normal kid again, but he doesn't tell them that once they sing to they will be a beast for either 13 ...more
Lacy Lovelace
Feb 16, 2016 Lacy Lovelace rated it really liked it
I didn't realize that I had actually heard of this series before when I was a kid! The Invasion of the Appleheads clued me in. I remember the cover so vividly. This story, on the other hand, was very well written. It was an easy read that definitely had me turning pages! Eugene drove me nuts in this story because he was so neurotic! I just knew he was about to have a nervous breakdown. Had he been following me around then I would have shook or slapped him because he seemed so on edge ALL the ...more
Salsabrarian
The first Deadtime Stories title I've read. Based on this one, it would be ideal for reluctant readers and fans of scary stories. There's definitely a formula: every chapter ends in a moment of suspense (i.e. keep the reader reading). But the finale has a twist I didn't expect which raised this a bit above the standard scary story. It doesn't rank as fine literature but it will leave kids reeling with surprise and get creative juices flowing.
Cheri
Aug 23, 2013 Cheri rated it really liked it
Like all "Deadtime Stories", this one had me on the edge of my seat, sending chills up my spine as I read with ALL the lights on. One thing I thought was great was that we had no idea if this was actually going to be a real "beast" or someone just being a jerk until the very end. These books are masterful in that they create terrifying stories with easy language--I would say that they are better than Goosebumps. A little gorey, but great.
Susan
Feb 13, 2015 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: primary, mystery
I have mixed emotions about this eerie little book. On one hand it reads like a script for "Scary Movie". It goes from being hokey and laughable to slightly eerie. On the other hand, my students love it. I think maybe I'm just too old to figure out elementary student's level of humor and horror. I wouldn't buy a hardback copy until I tied out a paperback copy on my students.
Bookworm_13
Dec 15, 2015 Bookworm_13 rated it it was ok
Garth Slater
Sep 01, 2014 Garth Slater rated it it was ok
For me this was written in too a juvenile form. Probably great for a young audience. Only read it because it's kind of a classic and I had never read it.
Jen Bojkov
Somewhat creepy book. The ending was a little unexpected and might not satisfy those who like a happy ending. I guess some kids really like the series since I've had several ask for it.
Sydney Marie
Sydney Marie rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2013
Faaiza
Faaiza rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2015
GloryintheDark
GloryintheDark rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Theresa
Theresa rated it it was ok
Apr 13, 2015
Shemiah Neckles
Shemiah Neckles rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2013
Nick And
Nick And rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Krystyl
Krystyl rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2012
Makinna Schembri
Makinna Schembri rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2015
Preston
Preston rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2013
Kristin Sanders
Kristin Sanders rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2015
Jeremiah
Jeremiah rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Noire
Noire rated it liked it
Suhaib Salim
Suhaib Salim rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Meg Jones
Meg Jones rated it did not like it
Oct 09, 2015
Antoinette Sitting
Antoinette Sitting rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Tea Mathias
Tea Mathias rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Tara Campos
Tara Campos rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Middle-grade
Middle-grade rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2014
Chiamaka
Chiamaka rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Priester
Jennifer Priester rated it it was ok
« previous 1 3 next »

Deadtime Stories (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Terror in Tiny Town (Deadtime Stories, #1)
  • Invasion of the Appleheads (Deadtime Stories, #2)
  • Along Came A Spider (Deadtime Stories #3)
  • Ghost Knight (Deadtime Stories, #4)
  • Revenge of the Goblins (Deadtime Stories #5)
  • Little Magic Shop of Horrors (Deadtime Stories, #6)
  • It Came from the Deep (Deadtime Stories, #7)
  • Grave Secrets (Deadtime Stories, #8)
  • Mirror Mirror (Deadtime Stories, #9)
  • Grandpa's Monster Movies (Deadtime Stories, #10)