Start by marking “The Beast of Baskerville (Deadtime Stories, #13)” as Want to Read:
The Beast of Baskerville (Deadtime Stories, #13)

The Beast of Baskerville (Deadtime Stories #13)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  77 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The Deadtime Stories by "Twisted Sisters" Annette and Gina Cascone--they'll scare you silly.

Everyone in Baskerville knows about Jimmy Leeds. In fact, Adam Riley and his friends have been telling scary stories about Jimmy for years--stories they don't really believe. After all, how can anyone believe in a half-human beast with horns and hooves?

But the legend of Jimmy Leeds
Published May 8th 2012 by Starscape

To ask other readers questions about The Beast of Baskerville, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beast of Baskerville

Ms. Mielke's Class
Nov 03, 2015 Ms. Mielke's Class rated it really liked it
Why you should read this book. It is a good fantasy book I like it because I like books that are kind of scary and have a mythical creature that is a killer or a nice monster just really big and hairy. The book is about a big hairy beast that is really actually nice to people and just wanted to break the curse so he could be normal.DK
Caleb Czeck
Mar 18, 2015 Caleb Czeck rated it really liked it
I think that this book is really weird and kind of confusing. There's this kid named Dougie, and he is obsessed with the legend of the Beast of Baskerville. He tries to scare everyone to death with the legend and everything about it. It turns out that J.J. the weird kid is Jimmy Leeds who is the beast. He drags 13 kids into a sewer and makes them sing "Happy Birthday" to J.J. so that he can be a normal kid again, but he doesn't tell them that once they sing to they will be a beast for either 13 ...more
Lacy Lovelace
Feb 16, 2016 Lacy Lovelace rated it really liked it
I didn't realize that I had actually heard of this series before when I was a kid! The Invasion of the Appleheads clued me in. I remember the cover so vividly. This story, on the other hand, was very well written. It was an easy read that definitely had me turning pages! Eugene drove me nuts in this story because he was so neurotic! I just knew he was about to have a nervous breakdown. Had he been following me around then I would have shook or slapped him because he seemed so on edge ALL the tim ...more
Alisa Hedden
Oct 21, 2012 Alisa Hedden rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to be able to read 3 books from this series:
The Beast of the Baskerville
Invasion of the Appleheads
The Little Magic Shop of Horrors
Normally I would do a book by book review, but I wanted to make sure that these authors did not fall into the all too easy trap of having each book of a series essentially just is a repeat of the previous book. So before I recommended these books to anyone, I had to be sure.
Happily, the sisters manage to avoid the most common pitfalls of a series
Salsabrarian
The first Deadtime Stories title I've read. Based on this one, it would be ideal for reluctant readers and fans of scary stories. There's definitely a formula: every chapter ends in a moment of suspense (i.e. keep the reader reading). But the finale has a twist I didn't expect which raised this a bit above the standard scary story. It doesn't rank as fine literature but it will leave kids reeling with surprise and get creative juices flowing.
Susan
Feb 13, 2015 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: primary, mystery
I have mixed emotions about this eerie little book. On one hand it reads like a script for "Scary Movie". It goes from being hokey and laughable to slightly eerie. On the other hand, my students love it. I think maybe I'm just too old to figure out elementary student's level of humor and horror. I wouldn't buy a hardback copy until I tied out a paperback copy on my students.
Bookworm_13
Dec 15, 2015 Bookworm_13 rated it it was ok
Jen Bojkov
Somewhat creepy book. The ending was a little unexpected and might not satisfy those who like a happy ending. I guess some kids really like the series since I've had several ask for it.
Garth Slater
Sep 01, 2014 Garth Slater rated it it was ok
For me this was written in too a juvenile form. Probably great for a young audience. Only read it because it's kind of a classic and I had never read it.
Cheri
Aug 23, 2013 Cheri rated it really liked it
Like all "Deadtime Stories", this one had me on the edge of my seat, sending chills up my spine as I read with ALL the lights on. One thing I thought was great was that we had no idea if this was actually going to be a real "beast" or someone just being a jerk until the very end. These books are masterful in that they create terrifying stories with easy language--I would say that they are better than Goosebumps. A little gorey, but great.
Joshua Hair
Joshua Hair rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Aimee
Aimee rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2016
Adriane Birkmeier
Adriane Birkmeier rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Emily Brunton
Emily Brunton marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Bree
Bree added it
Jul 04, 2016
Kailynn
Kailynn marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Anahi
Anahi marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
GloryintheDark
GloryintheDark rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Cole
Cole marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Michelle Doucette
Michelle Doucette is currently reading it
Jun 02, 2016
Stephanie Woods
Stephanie Woods rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Ashley Robles
Ashley Robles marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Georgia Grimaud
Georgia Grimaud rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Griselda
Griselda marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Ashlin
Ashlin marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Deadtime Stories (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Terror in Tiny Town (Deadtime Stories, #1)
  • Invasion of the Appleheads (Deadtime Stories, #2)
  • Along Came A Spider (Deadtime Stories #3)
  • Ghost Knight (Deadtime Stories, #4)
  • Revenge of the Goblins (Deadtime Stories #5)
  • Little Magic Shop of Horrors (Deadtime Stories, #6)
  • It Came from the Deep (Deadtime Stories, #7)
  • Grave Secrets (Deadtime Stories, #8)
  • Mirror Mirror (Deadtime Stories, #9)
  • Grandpa's Monster Movies (Deadtime Stories, #10)