Start by marking “Nutrition Zombies: Top 10 Myths That Refuse to Die: (And How to Keep Them From Sabotaging Your Diet)” as Want to Read:

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  3 reviews
In Nutrition Zombies, licensed nutritionist and dedicated myth-buster, Monica Reinagel (aka the Nutrition Diva), drives a stake through the heart of 10 persistent nutrition myths -- so that you can get on with the business of eating well and feeling fabulous.

Next time you get one of those emails from your mother warning that drinking ice water with meals causes stomach can...more
Published January 24th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Nutrition Zombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nutrition Zombies

Joseph R.
Being a fan of many of the Quick and Dirty Tips podcasts, I found out about this Kindle book from several of them. Since the title talks about zombies and it is fairly cheap ($2.99), I thought I would try it out.

The introduction lays out her basic approach: after careful research, she writes about ten popular misconceptions about nutrition. Getting rid of outdated and incorrect information is important, so she encourages a healthy skepticism about "conventional wisdom" when it comes to food. In...more
John
Very quick, interesting "read" (did the audio book). It was all of one track long, in which I learned that:

* Caffeine isn't bad for you--might even be good for you (hooray!)
* microwaving doesn't destroy nutrients (but should be done in plastic containers, even if they say they're microwave safe
* we're not as dehydrated as people say we are (but drinking water's still a pretty good thing)
* juice isn't good for kids (or anyone else)--it's almost as bad as pop
* whole grains are only marginally bett...more
Vince
Feb 24, 2012 Vince rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Dieters
Monica Reinagel's nutrition explanations and myth-busting always cut right to the point. Quick, enjoyable, informative.
Bambaya
Bambaya marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
M89
M89 added it
Feb 06, 2013
Brittany
Brittany is currently reading it
Dec 04, 2012
Cristina Garcia
Cristina Garcia marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
ron btdtbttsawio
ron btdtbttsawio marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2012
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2012
I’m a licensed nutritionist with a Master’s of Science in Human Nutrition. I also went to culinary school. But long before all of that, I went to music school and studied to be an opera singer–which is what I spent the first half of my professional life doing. (Hence my alter-ego, The Nutrition Diva)

These days, I spend most of my time writing and speaking about food and nutrition. In addition to t...more
More about Monica Reinagel...
Nutrition Diva's Secrets for a Healthy Diet: What to Eat, What to Avoid, and What to Stop Worrying About The Inflammation-Free Diet Plan: The Scientific Way to Lose Weight, Banish Pain, Prevent Disease, and Slow Aging Nutrition Diva's 5 Secrets for Aging Well How to Win at Losing: 10 Diet Myths that Keep You From Succeeding Nutrition Diva's Grocery Store Survival Guide