Start by marking “1 2 3” as Want to Read:
1 2 3

1 2 3

The numbers 1 to 20 have never been so creatively counted as in this companion to the critically acclaimed "Basher: ABC Kids." Witty, rhythmic text and Basher's bold, appealing artwork highlight the gallery of unforgettable characters like two cheeky monkeys playing tennis, three messy piggies baking cakes, and five cool caterpillars blowing bubbles who dance across the pa ...more
Published June 19th 2012 by Kingfisher

To ask other readers questions about 1 2 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1 2 3

Samantha
Jul 05, 2012 Samantha rated it liked it
A counting book that spans the numbers 1-20. Each number is introduced in a two page spread with the first page showing the number, the word for the number and where it falls in the sequence from 1-20. The second page features a silly illustration illustrating the number. Bright, colorful and just plain silly' a sure-fire hit. At the end, all of the numbers are reviewed, but illustrations crowd the numbers making the pages look busy. Great read aloud.
Karen
Aug 30, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
My four-year-old son picked this book out from the library this week.

I wasn't expecting much when I started reading this book tonight, so I was very pleasantly surprised. My little boy spelled out the number, said the number, traced large print number on the page, and said the number again. That was great. What was even better were the absolutely delightful illustrations and text on the opposite page. Winner!

I will be looking to add this boy to my son's personal library.
Kendra
Jul 24, 2012 Kendra rated it liked it
I'm a fan of Basher's simple style and this is no exception. It's just a numbers book-no story or anything, but kids will enjoy the naughty sheep , skateboarding ladybugs, lost clouds, and other "characters" representing the numbers.
Scottsdale Public Library
When 'ten giggly cows whirl hula-hoops' take you halfway up to the end, you can count on more laughs in learning numbers. - Monty
Christine Turner
Feb 27, 2013 Christine Turner rated it it was amazing
This is not a book that I would read in storytime. That being said, I think that it was very well thought out and would be a great addition to a personal or school library.

Vanessa Grubbs
Jul 16, 2012 Vanessa Grubbs rated it it was amazing
Great number book that counts to 20. Good use of number lines, and with objects to correspond to the number. Also, really lovely illustrations. Would be great to use in K or 1st grade.
Janet
Jun 30, 2012 Janet rated it it was amazing
I love Basher's books. This may be the cutest counting book ever! I was especially fond of the seven tiny rabbits jumping around in cowboy hats.
Melissa Rochelle
The drawings are cute and the totally items being counted are funny. (However, definitely for older kids because we got bored reading it aloud.)
Conni Strittmatter
Conni Strittmatter rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2012
Mbrooke
Mbrooke rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2012
Tatsiana Razumovich
Tatsiana Razumovich rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Mrs. Mattei
Mrs. Mattei rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2014
Lissa
Lissa rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2013
Leah Kenney
Leah Kenney rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2012
Traci
Traci rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2012
Stacey
Stacey rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2012
Natalie Pietro
Natalie Pietro rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2013
Lindsay
Aug 15, 2012 Lindsay added it
Shelves: storytime
counting 1 to 20, silly
Elizabeth
Jan 31, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Love the simplicity of the art and the bigger words.
Jakob Free
Jakob Free rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Kelsey Robertson
Kelsey Robertson rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Tara
Tara rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Miss Melissa
Miss Melissa rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2012