Start by marking “Rao's On the Grill: Perfectly Simple Italian Recipes from My Family to Yours” as Want to Read:
Rao's On the Grill: Perfectly Simple Italian Recipes from My Family to Yours

Rao's On the Grill: Perfectly Simple Italian Recipes from My Family to Yours

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  5 reviews
World renowned Rao's restaurant now takes on barbecuing with a new cookbook that gets you out of the kitchen and onto the patio

The Pellegrino family knows what America wants to eat—and in Rao’s On The Grill son Frank, Jr. reveals their family’s summer entertaining secrets. This simple, fresh, happy cookbook features both new ideas for home chefs and great, abundant recipes
Published May 22nd 2012 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Rao's On the Grill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rao's On the Grill

Tony
A Firstreads win.

I have the advanced reading copy. So there's no index. Some of the sub-recipes, like the citrus sauce for ribs, aren't here. All the pictures are in black and white and, consequently, unappealing. But I can't dock points for that.

A theme of the book seems to be that there isn't anything you can make in the kitchen that you can't make on the grill. I suppose that's so. However, there are some things that should or must be made on the grill and other things which are just easier t
Kate
This is a fantastic collection of Italian recipes for the grill. It includes recipes you wouldn't normally make on the grill (penne with peas and ham) and some that scream grilling season (grilled chicken wings with citrus barbecue sauce). I was especially impressed that with the chapter on desserts. I can easily see this being one of my favorite summer cookbooks.
Anonymous
I'm not much of a griller so I like Rao's original cookbook better, although there is a tweaked version of the lemon chicken recipe that I want to try.
Andd Becker
The ingredients are nutritious, and the instructions are clear. The photos are convincing.
YYY
May 24, 2012 YYY marked it as to-read
Thank you First Reads for winning this free book. I will read and review soon.
Phyllis Krall
Phyllis Krall marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Vivian
Vivian added it
Nov 04, 2014
Larry
Larry marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2013
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
Victoria Klein
Victoria Klein marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Michael Jones
Michael Jones marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2012
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Lonnie
Lonnie marked it as to-read
Kaveti
Kaveti marked it as to-read
Vegass
Vegass marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2012
Isabella
Isabella marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2012
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2012
Elhara
Elhara marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2012
Price
Price marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2012