Start by marking “Illicit” as Want to Read:
Illicit

Illicit

What began as a steamy weekend fling is about to change their lives forever.

When Lindsay receives a mysterious invitation to live out her most illicit fantasies, she thinks it's her best friend playing a joke. Little does she know, the invitation is from someone else. Someone who knows her deepest desires…and intends to fulfill them.

Erik is a man of many secrets, and he in
Published February 26th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Illicit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illicit

Chris- Bookaddict
Ok I gotta say this right off the bat , I HAD NO IDEA Aside from the Book Blurb what this book was about , and let me tell you It would of been nice if the author had posted a warning saying that this book had M/M, M/M/F . I had never read a M/M book before . I went into this blind , yes I finished reading it ,( I had to I paid $9.99 for it ) but I think for others the author should put that warning there .

This book blurb is kinda deceiving , as Yes Erik wants a weekend with Lindsay but what it
Mykia
Jul 06, 2016 Mykia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romacexperience, 2016
It’s laughable how unprepared I was for this book.
This review and others HERE

Me throughout the book:
description

This book in one sentence: Well this was...sexy, but of course this statement is laced with sarcasm.

Okay, so let me start off by saying that my goal of this blog is to literally keep everything as positive as possible! I’m trying not to talk about any books that I didn’t love or even like. This book is a mystery to me and I don’t know whether or not I liked it. I’m genuinely confused. I’m confus
Cheryl
Feb 13, 2013 Cheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lindsay is on her way to visit a friend. She rushes to the elevator only to run face first into a solid male chest of muscle. Once she removes herself from the chest she realizes that she is surrounded by three nice males.

Erik can sense that Lindsay is into him. Erik takes a chance and mysteriously invites Lindsay to a fun weekend. At first Lindsay thinks the invite is from her girlfriend and they are going to have a ladies weekend but once she realizes who the invite is from and that it is not
Amy Jacobs
May 06, 2012 Amy Jacobs rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Usually author Opal Carew is a must read for me. I love her writing and the fantasy worlds she can create within the covers of a book (and between the sheets for her characters). With Illicit though, I was less than pleased with the story unfortunately.

The summary of this book sounded really good. I was excited to start another book by this author and dying to see what she would bring for Lindsay and Erik. The first few pages I was interested. The few pages after that were okay. Then it went dow
JoAnne
Feb 24, 2013 JoAnne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so out of my comfort zone it wasn't funny.
I won this book in a contest and boy was it hot!
One woman, 3 men and a fantasy weekend and there was a storyline.
Carissa
Mar 22, 2014 Carissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fire
I DNF at 34% sorry I need a story not constant orgies
Jessica
Ya’ll……. If my family and real life friends knew I read this book and enjoyed it they’d be like

description

This is one of those books where you pretend you have never heard of it let alone acknowledge that you’ve read it. And whatever you do, don’t read this one in public. It’s not that it’s a bad book, but people might look at you differently if they found out you read this. I found out about Illicit from my friend Mykia (hey girl heyyyy). She was reading it and was like, “I need you to read this mess of
Tiffany
Aug 28, 2016 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is INSANE and I'm not embarrassed to say that I liked it. Sometimes I get in the mood for an over-the-top read and Opal Carew has become one of my go-to authors for that.

I ran across Illicit on Goodreads. I saw that the reviews were very mixed, so I read some of the spoilers to get a better idea of the plot. It sounded wild, so I decided to read it. Hence, I knew what to expect and I wasn't shocked by the actual premise of the book.

Disclaimer: the official plot summary does not give yo
Thomaidha Papa
1.5~2 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Lindsay has had it bad in her life. Her stepmother constantly makes her feel unworthy and her latest relationship literally destroyed her self-esteem when she found her ex with two other women in bed. Yes, and his parting words that she’s boring didn’t help either.

But an almost embarrassing incident in the elevator that involved Lindsay falling face first to a wall of muscles triggered a series of fantasies
May Mostly Romance
เราคงตองเริมตนดวยการบอกมาตรฐานการใหคะแนนเรืองแนวอีโรติกโรแมนซของเรากอนนะคะ

เนืองจากเราไมคอยเปนกลางเทาไหรนัก ความเชือของเรากคือ เรืองแนวอีโรติกโรแมนซไมใชหนังสือทีมีสาระมากนัก เราไมคอยเชือวา การแบงหนากระดาษระหวางพลอตเรืองกับฉากเซกสในจำนวนทีพอ ๆ กันจะสามารถทำใหตัวละครมีความลึกได ดังนันในการตัดสินเรืองแนวนี เรากตัดสินอยางงาย ๆ คะ คือ ฉากเซกสมันรอนแรงมากแคไหน อยางไรกตามกไมไดหมายความวา เราเหมาหมดวา อีโรติคโรแมนซจะเปนเรืองของเซกส เพราะเราเจอเรืองแนวนีทีเขียนไดดีมาก ๆ มากกหลายเลม เลมทีเราคิดวา มีสวนผสมล
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

ILLICIT is my first dabble into Opal Carew. I’ve had this author on my never ending TBR for a long time but for one reason or another I never picked up a book. So this one fell on my lap and I was very excited to try the author, plus I thought the blurb sounded interesting.

Here’s what I quickly realized, and it may just be specific to how I feel about this book. It’s completely centered around sex, and I think the sex was overwhelming the story. I’m not sure if her other books are like that as
LaFleurBleue
Compared to other eroticas, the plot is rather simple. I liked that it did not involve having sex with other people to learn to show or accept your feelings for someone, as it too often does in this author's books.
The characters had potential but it could have been developed more.
My main disappointment regards the hot scenes which I found slightly clinical and repetitive, and thus really below what Ms. Carew is able to write.
Delpha
May 16, 2013 Delpha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These three men are H.O.T. Hot
If you are not into books with bisexual men this one certainly isn't for you. These men are all kinds of hot for her and for each other and with three of them someone is always ready for action. Also has a decent storyline and ending although mostly it was about the sex.
Tia
Mar 04, 2013 Tia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yeah, this novel was pretty much my fantasy. However I was kind of ticked it ended with them all just getting together. I wanted to know that they made it, got married, had babies. hah. I really thought it was great though and well written but what else can you expect from Opal Carew?
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Maybe if the starting was better and they didn't get the whole 'ABILITY' thingie into the novel, this would have been a 4 Star read.
I love MMF books.. they are HOT.
This was like SMUT to the brim.. too much sex happening :P
Decent read for a bored person :P
Lita
Apr 21, 2013 Lita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Sad to say that this book was only 4 stars, I thought this book really shook me to my toes, but not to my core... Nevertheless, this book was enticing, wild, and outrageously unique compared to other books I've read so far. Can honestly say that I have never read anything like this before.
Nicci   ☞ Hell Raisin Sugar  ☜
This book would have been a four star for me had we been given an epilogue....

This book was HAWT. Scorching. I don't think some of the sexual feats in this book are actually possible, but they were hot nonetheless.

Jann
Apr 28, 2013 Jann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had no clue what I was getting into when I started reading this book! Let's just say I was intrigued where it was going to go.
Renee S
Aug 23, 2015 Renee S rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
She realizes she's in an apartment where NO ONE KNOWS WHERE SHE IS and she DOESN'T KNOW THE 3 MEN THERE....AND SHE STAYS??? That's the point where I left. Pointless, stupid.
Jackie
Mar 22, 2013 Jackie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Way to live out ones sexual fantasy!! Wow very steamy. Some people aren't into the kinkyness. It's wether u love it or hate it. Just gotta be sure with your sexuality.
Winfield
OMG... TO ALL MY FREAKY FETISH LOVERS who are into BDSM pick this book up and read it without stopping. Putting this book on my .
Tiffany
May 09, 2013 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The blurb for this book definitely didn't prepare me for the contents! But after reading it all I can say is WOW!!! Seriously, that's all I have.....
Nadia
Dec 30, 2015 Nadia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This felt very one dimensional, the characters were horrible, there was no plot whatsoever. Basically, it was just a constant stream of badly written orgies.
Helyce
Previously reviewed at http://smexybooks.com/2013/02/review-...

I probably should not have accepted this arc to review. It’s very clear in the blurb that this is a story involving menage and I have been quite honest in my reviews here that books with that theme don’t always work for me. But I have to admit that I was very intrigued by the blurb. I mean, strictly from a “fantasy” stand point, who would not want to spend a weekend being worshiped, body and soul, by three gorgeous men who were at yo
Meg Acevedo
Jul 03, 2017 Meg Acevedo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Its one star weekend over here. Bought this book as a gift for a friend cause she likes romance the raunchier the better (her words not mine) but this was outrageously over the top freak nasty.
Cocktails and Books
Mar 30, 2013 Cocktails and Books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cnb-reviewers
I read the premise for this book and knew I wanted to read it. It's not a traditional male/female romance. It's hot, hot, hot, and did I say hot!!

Lindsay is reeling from the experience of walking in on her boyfriend in bed with 2 other women. He defends his infidelity by telling her that she is boring in bed and her mother reinforces his opinion. Needless to say Lindsay is short on self-esteem and confidence. She literally bumps into 3 hot guys on an elevator and begins to imagine sex with them.
Mar 08, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The book opens with Lindsay stumbling into an elevator and ends with her falling in love. Little does she know that her less than graceful entry into the elevator would lead to an invitation to experience a smoking hot weekend with three incredibly handsome men whose sole focus is her pleasure. Lindsay accepts the invitation because she believes it is a joke from her best friend and will simply be a relaxing girl’s weekend in a swanky penthouse.

Erik, Connor, and Travis share an unconventional l
A Reader Named Leah
"And it started out so well..."

This book is short smut fulled romp. It follows the heroine as she's fresh off a breakup with a guy who told her she was boring in bed. Seemingly proven by his need for a FMF threesome she walks in to find him in the middle of.

One month later she shares an elevator with three uber hot men and indulges in a dirty fantasy on the way up to her bff apartment.

This is the part where you know you'll see them again.

So three weeks later the heroine receives an unsigned mot
Emily
When Lindsay receives an invitation to have her every fantasy fulfilled by three men, she believes this is a gift from her friend who knows she is struggling right now. When she sees it’s the three men she had seen on an elevator, clad in only a towel heading to the pool she is not certain if she can go through with it. The connection to Erik is instant and cannot be denied. With Travis and Connor willing to show her every delight she could ever imagine she finds herself falling hard especially ...more
Jaskreet Johal
ok well this book took me by shock the stuff in the book was all new to me i never before had read a book like this at one point i was like OMG AM I REALLY READING this and that i should stop i didn't think it was going to be my kind of book but i had to read on to no what happened my cheeks sometimes would be as red as rose but im glad i kept reading i would recommend this book to OPEN minded ppl but its totally worth a read Illicit opened me into a entire new world on SEX PERIOD!!!! i couldn't ...more
  • O Christmas Three (Texas Highlanders Ice Hockey, #0.5)
  • Serving Him: Sexy Stories of Submission
  • The Naughty Corner
  • Bound to be Taken (Emergence #1)
  • Blush (In Vino Veritas, #1)
  • Desire's Edge (Edge, #2)
  • Nothing Between Us (Loving on the Edge, #7)
  • The Dirty Girls Book Club
  • Double Shot (Long Shots, #1)
  • Sexcapades
  • By Private Invitation (Salon Games, #1)
  • The Darker Side of Pleasure
  • The Switch
  • Play it Again, Sam  (Cougar Challenge, #1)
  • Shared
  • Haven of Obedience
  • Strength in Numbers (Strength in Numbers, #1)
  • The Summer I Said Yes
206712
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!

More about Opal Carew...