Start by marking “The Owner of His Heart: 50 Loving States, Pennsylvania” as Want to Read:
The Owner of His Heart: 50 Loving States, Pennsylvania

The Owner of His Heart: 50 Loving States, Pennsylvania (50 Loving States #1)

3.84  ·  Rating Details ·  1,829 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews
A Smoking Hot Interracial Romance from the 50 Loving States series.

An accident left Layla Matthews with no memory of her freshman year of college in Pittsburgh, and almost ten years later she returns to the city to solve the mystery of her own past. One clue leads her to Nathan Sinclair, the handsome, rude, and arrogant CEO of Sinclair Industries.

She doesn't remember him,
Published December 6th 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Owner of His Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Owner of His Heart

Tina
Layla is back in Pittsburgh cleaning up her gambling, wastrel, generally ass-hole of a father's debts. She is also there to track down the mystery of what happened to her ten years ago. She knows that something happened in Pittsburgh that caused her to lose a whole year of her life and she's tracking down the mystery of what it was.

This leads her to Nathan Sinclair, a man whose family her father received several thousands of dollars from. Their first meeting is full of hostility from Nathan whic
Theodora Taylor
Dec 09, 2011 Theodora Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I might be a bit biased, though...
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
I have only read one other book by Theodora Taylor Her Russian Billionaire and based on those two books, she seems to have a very resounding theme. Borderline a$$hole, rich, alpha men, and the almost pushover females. (with a bit of blackmail mixed in)
The beginning of this book was plain painful for me. Layla was such a pushover, it was almost cringe worthy to read. I usually love me some hot controlling alpha men, but Nathan was a straight up a-hole in the beginning. They both more or less rede
(Jade) Books N Diamonds
It’s been a good long while since I’ve read a straight contemporary romance, so when this book showed up on an Amazon Romance list with a bunch of awesome reviews, I decided it was worth a look.

Layla lost her memories following a fall that put her in a coma, but when chance leads her to Nathan once again, her past come backs to haunt her.

Let me start of by saying that I did not like the hero in this book at all. I’m about to tell you why in a minute. Your crush up and left you for another man…GE
April
Jun 17, 2012 April rated it did not like it
Trashy. There wasn't a story, all you got was sex sex sex and more sex. Don't get me wrong I like sex within a story, but this was going overboard. The characters were having heart felt conversation ABOUT THIER FATHERS while having sex? I don't get it. Every time they needed to talk they would end up having sex. I mean show me charming characters develop the story, but please don't just bombard me with sex. Pointless sex. Smh.
willaful
This is for fans of the batshit-crazy hero. It was seriously nuts and needed more editing (lots of missing/extra words) but still a pretty riveting story.
SheReadsALot
I love this book because it has the feel of a "bodice ripper regency" and the story is actually contemporary. The author's voice was pretty solid throughout the entire tale. I liked Nathan. I also liked that he didn't get soft once he figured he was in love. This is my first Theodora Taylor book and I look forward to reading more from her.
Layeshia
Mar 21, 2017 Layeshia rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha-men, audiobooks
This is the love journey of Layla and Nathan! Layla is a sweet girl attending college in Pennsylvania she meets her young man named Andrew and the two date for about a year. All is good on the surface but Andrew has an identical twin brother. Who seems to be the complete opposite of his twin in personality he's rude he's arrogant always abrupt with Layla. But Layla always takes it in stride. She always sees the bright side of everything. Little did she know he was falling in love with her. Every ...more
IamGamz
Apr 02, 2013 IamGamz rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story even though I thought the male protagonist was a douche.

Layla returns to Pittsburgh 10 years after an accident and subsequent coma causes the memory loss of an entire year if her life. While going through her recently deceased father's belongings, she finds a receipt for an astronomical amount of money. She heads to the company that issued the check to her father and meets Nathan Sinclair.

After meeting Nathan, Layla is left with more questions than answers, including quest
Shelby P
Jul 26, 2012 Shelby P rated it really liked it
Shelves: inter-racial
Gisele Walko
Feb 28, 2016 Gisele Walko rated it really liked it
I actually liked that the heroine went into a coma and forgot a year of her life because it was like a puzzle, trying to figure out everything. So So steamy, as always. Held my attention. I liked Nathan and Layla. Made me laugh. I love this series.
Mspraise50
Jun 10, 2013 Mspraise50 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!
K.M.
Jul 29, 2013 K.M. rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon-freebie
Nikol
Sep 28, 2013 Nikol rated it did not like it
Nathan has no redeeming qualities, Layla is weak, the big mystery is meh, and the plot is sex sex sex sex sex...
There was no plot! Shocking as that might be I expect a plot with my book. And one thing that kept annoying me was the description of the characters, mainly Layla's, good qualities you say it once its ok you say it twice I can forgive that but once you say 3 times its crazy. Its a book, you are meant to show not tell(sort of). And really is it that big of a surprise that Layla is still
Susan
May 31, 2012 Susan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Have I mentioned that I don't really enjoy books where one character is lying to and/or blackmailing another? This is the first in the series, which I read second, but that doesn't really matter since the books don't really relate much.

Interracial romances are iffy. This one didn't really focus on race much at all. It was more about the power the "hero" had over the heroine. And I wasn't a big fan of their dynamic at all.
Connie
Mar 15, 2013 Connie rated it liked it
It was a pretty good read. I was wondering how it was going to play out since there were familial ties that complicated matters. I was thinking, oh no this can't be good, and it wasn't. I appreciated the story, but there were some blaring grammatical errors that should have definitely been caught be because I had to slow down and re-read to make sure I wasn't mistaken on what was written. I will continue on with the Russian Billionaire and hopefully the series continues to pick up.
Greymalkin
Aug 04, 2013 Greymalkin rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
52ShadesofClay
May 24, 2013 52ShadesofClay rated it liked it
Liked it a lot, but some aspects were a bit unbelievable. Unfortunately, I read the excerpt from "The Wild One (#4)" that was at the end and it involves the characters from this book. That story seems so contrived I feel bad for whoever paid for and read that mess. I also read a few of the reviews for "The Wild One" and it appears to be the hot mess I think it is. Needless to say I'll be buying the other books in this series, but will gladly skip book 4.
Shonnie
Mar 08, 2012 Shonnie rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-book
I must have really likes this book because I finished in one afternoon. I LOVE alpha males and this book didn't disappoint. :)

My rating would've changed if it didn't contain crazy lady. I prefer my romance without CAI/Law & Order drama. Nevertheless I enjoyed the book.
~Charmer~the 1-click addict
Nathan was a mess. I really enjoyed the book and I can't wait to read The Wild One.
Dee's Reading Zone
Apr 01, 2013 Dee's Reading Zone rated it it was amazing
LastBreath
4.5 to 5 stars.

It may not have had the macabre finesse like thrillers or the delirious spiciness found in erotica but it definitely tickled my fancy.
Brandi
Jan 30, 2012 Brandi rated it really liked it
For those readers who like Diana Palmer and her over-the-top macho men, this book is for you. Cliched Plot but modern and sexy enough to keep you reading.
Ingrid
Nov 05, 2014 Ingrid rated it did not like it
Glad that nonsense is over.
Tamara Dozier
Dec 10, 2016 Tamara Dozier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Made my toes curl...

This book was well written. I can't wait to read more of TT's writings.
I loved how the villain was not who'd I'd expected it to be.
Mar 10, 2017 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: bwwm
Decent and quick read. There was so much that could have gotten fleshed out and some of the plot points were exceedingly unrealistic. I also thought it ended abruptly in a way that was unfulfilling.

I liked both main characters but I felt like I never got to fully ready or understand their love story. It was quicker than a Disney romance between the two and how fast they fell for each other. Like page two, we're in love! Nonetheless, overall it was a nice quick read.
Gina
Mar 09, 2017 Gina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great story of lost but not forgotten love, but also of mistaken intentions. Nathan and Layla's story spanned a decade but their love for each other never faded.
clojo9372
Sep 18, 2016 clojo9372 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I’ve read by Theodora Taylor and I enjoyed it immensely.

Nathan is a successful businessman — cold, and a bit of a player. When Layla walks back into his life the bitterness, anger, and resentment he has for her comes bubbling back to the surface. But like the saying goes, “there’s a thin line between love and hate”.

Due to Layla’s accident, there is a year of her life that she doesn’t remember. She doesn’t know what she’s done to make Nathan hate her so much, but she does
Mari Grey
Mar 22, 2016 Mari Grey rated it liked it
The Owner Of His Heart

By: Theodora Taylor

3 “Amnesia” Stars

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Cliffhanger: No.

Price: $5.99 for Kindle

Quick Thoughts: An okay read, but a bit too pricey.

I have long forgotten who it was that recommended this series to me. I've had this particular book on my Kindle for years, unopened and forgotten, and it was only when I was going through it to organize my library that I saw it, all forgotten in it's shirt-ripping, male-nipple-exposing glory, and I decided to give it a go.

Nicky
Feb 10, 2017 Nicky rated it liked it
Not the best story. I'm waffling between a 2 star rating and a 3 star rating. This is a story about Nathan and Layla. They had a past. One of unspecified nature when we first meet them. But it's clear they knew each other, that he hates her, and she had no idea why because of amnesia. Somehow despite all that, they get a HEA. And I have no idea how or why.

I can't say I liked Nathan all that much. And I didn't understand Layla's strange attachment to him. He was in no way a nice person. At all.
Fans of Interraci...: The Owner of His Heart 12 91 Mar 24, 2012 05:02AM
  • Love Script
  • Crash
  • The Grunt (The Lonely Hearts, #3)
  • Kincade's Rose (The Megalodon Team, #1)
  • Trolling Nights
  • Taming the Scotsman
  • Remy Goes to Therapy (Chevalier Men #2)
  • Something Unexpected
  • Windows (Italian Knights, #1)
Theodora Taylor writes hot books with heart. When not reading, reviewing or writing, she enjoys spending time with her amazing family, going on dating nights with her wonderful husband, and attending parties thrown by others.

Visit her at www.theodorataylor.com and at Facebook.com/theodorataylorauthor.

More about Theodora Taylor...

50 Loving States (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Her Russian Billionaire: 50 Loving States, Texas
  • Her Viking Wolf (50 Loving States, #3)
  • The Wild One: 50 Loving States, Montana
  • Her Perfect Gift: 50 Loving States, Illinois
  • His One and Only: 50 Loving States, Alabama
  • Wolf and Punishment: 50 Loving States, Wyoming (The Alaska Princesses Trilogy #1)
  • Wolf and Prejudice: 50 Loving States, Alaska (The Alaska Princesses Trilogy #2)
  • Wolf and Soul: 50 Loving States, Oklahoma (The Alaska Princesses Trilogy #3)
  • Her Russian Surrender: 50 Loving States, Indiana (50 Loving States #10)
  • His For Keeps: 50 Loving States, Tennessee