Start by marking “A New Beginning” as Want to Read:
A New Beginning

A New Beginning

4.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  22 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The Spinning on Your Own Axis series is being written by Addison C. Arthur. The first book entitled A New Beginning serves as a workbook giving tangible and real-life examples of how anyone can go from a chaotic and unstable life to living a fulfilling life as an autonomous individual who is stable, healthy and happy.
Whether you are currently going through a crisis or kn
Published December 31st 2011 by Balance Integration Group

To ask other readers questions about A New Beginning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A New Beginning

Angelique Singer
Sep 09, 2013 Angelique Singer rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was brilliant and very thorough in its scope of covering everything a person needs to create a new life for themselves. From finances, holistic health, beauty, setting up your home, spirituality, nutritious diet, exercise, organizing, time management, and resources for getting help if you are without a home, in a crisis, or need out of a dangerous situation. Addison keeps things interesting by inserting humorous observations along the way. He keeps the reader engaged and in ...more
Kirkus
Jan 14, 2012 Kirkus rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone interested in changing their lives for the better
Addison C. Arthur presents an extensive compendium of advice and information that can be utilized by readers seeking to change their lives for the better.

The material, on a vast range of topics, from time management to meditation, financial health to food safety, as well as snoring, addiction, humor, brain development and countless others, is well organized and lucid.

There’s enough useful information and sound advice here to make it a good choice for the reader who wants to work toward a life th
Dewey
Dec 06, 2011 Dewey rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for ideas on better living.
Recommended to Dewey by: Addison C. Arthur
What I like about your book so far is the way it is in a progressive chain of events. For example, homelessness - a prior crisis led to a chain of events that led to this crisis (true for me). You also don't feed into the victim mentality too much. Yes, once in a while we are in the wrong place at the wrong time, but most of us are just reaping the results of past decisions.

I plan to use your two types of core commitment techniques. I like the comfort zone challenge as well. The book is easy to
PrimalAwakening
Mar 27, 2012 PrimalAwakening rated it it was amazing
I receieved A New Beginning by Addison C. Arthur from Goodreads First Reads.

A New Beginning is a skillfully and meticulously written insightful and thought provoking book presented in an informative and straightforward manner with the use of easy to understand language focussing on a broad spectrum of topics and issues people from all walks of life face in various, expected or unexpected, circumstances and challenges.

It is a book for people who are seeking change, direction or meaning in their l
Lia Mari
Sep 03, 2013 Lia Mari added it
Recommends it for: Everyone
I’ll begin this review by saying WOW. That actually pretty much sums up my response to this book… But it’s a pretty flimsy “Review”. A New Beginning is the most thorough book on this subject I have ever read!

It’s a very good deeply instructional guide to reality. “A New Beginning” covers every topic and area of Life we should have been taught from birth straight up through, but were, for whatever reason, not taught.

I feel quite fortunate to have stumbled upon a copy, and I am quite honored to sh
Lindsey
Dec 06, 2011 Lindsey rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone needing a tool to actually live life.
Recommended to Lindsey by: Addison C. Arthur
Addison C. Arthur’s book, Spinning on Your Axis: A New Beginning offers a wealth of information for the reader who is looking for a way to change various aspects of his/her life. Arthur covers a broad range of issues that a person will inevitably face during his/her lifetime: from finances and organization, to brain health and meal planning.

Arthur offers a refreshing approach to solution-oriented, self-help style books. In A New Beginning, the reader is presented with suggestions and informa
susan murray
Feb 03, 2012 susan murray rated it it was amazing
very interesting reading and took on board what was right for me.I would recommend this book as it can help people from all walks off life and enlightens you to lead a more enjoyable life.
Renee
Feb 06, 2012 Renee rated it did not like it
A New Beginning by Addison C. Arthur

** A New Beginning Beginning by Addison C. Arthur was provided to me free-of-charge by the author through a GoodReads, FirstReads Giveaway. **

The following excerpt is from the Goodreads, First Reads giveaway page:

Jounda Strong
Nov 16, 2013 Jounda Strong rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I always enjoy reading books that offer ideas for change. Addison C. Arthur has presented us readers with a book filled with easy to read and understand steps for understanding why we might be 'stuck' and how we can move forward!

The powerful core message for me is that regardless of what the past has held, we ALWAYS have an opportunity for a New Beginning. The choice and responsibility belong to me!

This is a certainly a book I recommend for teachers, leaders, students, parents, and anyone inte
AnneMarie Dapp
AnneMarie Dapp marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Betty Young
Betty Young marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Ruth  Wilson
Ruth Wilson marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Gabriela Frank
Gabriela Frank marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Coryn
Coryn marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Shelly Byrd
Shelly Byrd marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Eliana Silvestre
Eliana Silvestre marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Claire Bajo
Claire Bajo marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Esther
Esther rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Crystal Miller
Crystal Miller marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Phil
Phil marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Youssef Omar
Youssef Omar marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Nadine
Nadine marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Joan Morton george
Joan Morton george marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Jeannette M
Jeannette M marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2012
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Silvergift
Silvergift marked it as to-read
Collene
Collene marked it as to-read
Gayal
Gayal marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
University undergraduate studies in Administration of Justice, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology. Graduate work in International Relations.

Along with the formal University education, Addison has extensive knowledge of a variety of spiritual systems.

He takes a holistic approach which combines science with ancient wisdom leading to fresh and unique perspectives on what it is to be human a
More about Addison C. Arthur...