Start by marking “Mõõkade maru: veri ja kuld (Jää ja tule laul, #3, Part 2 of 2)” as Want to Read:
Mõõkade maru: veri ja kuld (Jää ja tule laul, #3, Part 2 of 2)

Mõõkade maru: veri ja kuld (A Song of Ice and Fire #3 Part 2)

4.56 of 5 stars 4.56  ·  rating details  ·  46,821 ratings  ·  1,474 reviews
Jätkub George R. R. Martini eepiline sari Jää ja tule laul, mis räägib eri suguvõsade konfliktidest ja heitlustest karmis ja kõledas fantaasiamaailmas, mis on juba üle 8000 aasta lahingutes ja katastroofides kannatanud.
Westerosel voolab ohtralt verd, mille eest makstakse nii kulla kui lubadustega. Mõõk ja mürk teevad hoolega oma tööd. Kuningaid ja kõrgeid isandaid langeb n
Published September 2011 by Varrak (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Mõõkade maru, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mõõkade maru

Reynje
O.O

Okay. You know what time it is (besides 9.00 p.m. on a Tuesday night) - ASoIaF gif reaction time!

So, after an extended break after reading A Clash of Kings, it was time to jump into A Storm of Swords.

jon snow ready photo GoT-GIF-3_zps69096c02.gif

And everything was good.

fun photo POR9_zps7f7e2410.gif

.. Even the Davos chapters.

cersei eye roll photo tumblr_mlbha41Ha21rcfbxso2_400_zps3fd18cb1.gif

margaery photo tumblr_ml0o3raQvV1s4sldco1_500_zps8dab72a8.gif

Until..

theon punch photo vYl87_zps79e94244.gif

sansa stop photo tumblr_mfgeajNd0h1r0yq4zo3_250_zps982759bc.gif

NO photo r8AGo_zps45415fa7.gif

samwell photo tumblr_inline_miatb8v6Z01rez6q0_zps8dbc1a52.gif

And though slightly spoiled for part of the story, I was entirely unprepared for the feels.

robb photo tumblr_inline_mlbe8kMlvi1qz4rgp_zps9b18bc66.gif

jon snow sad photo tumblr_mkhpyrogcC1s0whizo3_r1_500_zpse63a18e9.gif

At first I was all, "This book is DEAD TO ME."

dany photo tumblr_mlc3exuLBd1snhcsgo1_500_zpse2668c31.gif

Then my grief became anger.

cersei punch photo ONsGS_zpsf23093a7.gif

theon photo tumblr_inline_mk4qogJFyp1qz4rgp_zps1e0fafdc.gif

Until.. that en
Shovelmonkey1
Oct 05, 2011 Shovelmonkey1 rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who've read the rest of the series
Recommended to Shovelmonkey1 by: books 1-3 demanded that the fourth was read
Do you remember that bit in the Scream movie where Stu Macher (played by Matthew Lillard), turns to all the other film geeks and sets out the now famed set of rules for surviving a horror film and making it into the sequel? (FYI those rules were: Never have sex. Do not drink and never say “i’ll be right back”)

Well someone should be writing a similar set of rules for the characters in the Song of Fire and Ice Series because, oh boy are these guys in trouble. Despite the numerous sellswords, hedge
James
This is the ending that book three should have had. The first half, A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow, just wasn't strong enough to stand on its own. But that's okay as the second half more than makes up for it. From the off, there are bodies. Not just secondary characters either, but people we thought were going to be key players in The Game.

A number of characters get built out a lot more as well. Jamie continues his transition to three-dimensions with the start of a conscience. Stannis starts
Jade
My favourite book of the series so far! I will not ruin it for anybody, but this book turned me into an emotional reck in the best and worse possible ways. It gave me moments were I found myself jumping round like a child who actually did get a pony for christmas, moments when I bawled like a baby and finally, moments when I was yelling my head off, threatening to never read another page and swearing like a banshee. This series needs to form part of everyone's life - it is so unpredictable and e ...more
Kirstine
AT LAST I SEE THE LIGHT!

Allow me to finally applaud you, George R.R. Martin without apprehension or dissatisfaction, without a hint of weariness or disappointment. Allow me to finally pass beyond the "I want to love it, but I don't" into "I was swept away by fire and ice and I ascend now as a different woman".

My favourite things about this book:
1) Jon Snow's every move (the light of my heart)
2) Jaime's journey to discover morals, honor and true love

Now, I can't tell you what it was about this i
Alexandra
Oh my bloody hell and fuck...

Dear George,

I have read A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, and A Storm of Swords one after another and in any spare moment over the last couple of months. As a result, I think that this reality is starting to take over. My emotional involvement in the lives of your characters is reaching an unhealthy depth, and your brutality with them is breaking my motherfucking heart. I just finished ASOS a moment ago, and said motherfucking heart is beating some serious drum an
Lisa
Eileen
Chapeau Mr. Martin, you wrote another brilliant book and I love it as no other book in this series so far. It's almost impossible to give a non-spoilerish review and everything I've said about this series before also counts for this book: great writing, twists and turns, unpredictable, an enormous amount of characters and confusing background stories and it is very very captivating.

What can I say?! You know while reading that something is going to happen, but most of the time you have no idea ho
Maria
I highly recommend A Storm of Swords.

I am a Stark of Winterfell. Oh yes, I am.

I should've learned my lesson from A Game of Thrones, that anything and everything will never be what it seems.

A Storm of Swords left me open-mouthed (literally), especially when the Red Wedding took place. There I was, reading leisurely on a Sunday afternoon, when I got the shock of my ASoIaF reading life. So cruel! And yet so grudgingly cunning.

New POVs are introduced: Jaime Lannister and Samwell Tarly. I actually e
Karolina
Wow, just wow! Without any doubt the best part of the saga so far! It starts out as slow and dragging as the previous two parts… and then it becomes a real jaw-dropper!

So, where to begin?? There are simply too many terrific characters, storylines and moments in this book!!!

(view spoiler)
Carmo Santos
Dos seis volumes lidos até agora, este poderá ter sido o melhor e também o pior. Foi um rebuliço de emoções do princípio ao fim. GRRM manteve a tradição de aliar uma escrita sublime a um enredo arrebatador. Chateou-me com tantas mortes, tanta crueldade (algumas até que me divertiram e foram pura justiça poética) sobretudo porque a continuação da história vai ter que sofrer uma viragem com a falta de tantas personagens. Surgirão outras é certo, mas duvido que me conquistem da mesma forma, acho qu ...more
Celine
It has taken a while, but Martin's world is finally in its maturity. All of the seeds he has planted in the first two books have grown into cut-throat plots and killer conclusions. Martin's writing style is still dry, but the trials he puts his characters through made me forget that A Storm of Swords isn't perfect. My favourite book in the series so far.
Robert Gibbs
I wasn't going to review any of the Song of Ice and Fire books as I joined Goodreads after I began the series. I'm picky enough to believe I either review all of the books or non at all. However, I feel I had to leave word for this installment because I could not put it down whatsoever.

Though I've already seen the TV series (Season 3 and 4 being based on this book), I still found myself in awe and amazement. People who believe they will get the full experience from just watching the programmes o
Liesa
Es ist einfach unglaublich, dass die Reihe von Buch zu Buch immer besser wird!
Danielle
Okay I take back what I said about the last book because this one is now officially my favourite! (Although I have a feeling I'm probably going to say that about each book left in the series)

This series never fails to surprise me and most of the time I find myself reading it thinking 'seriously George R.R Martin, how do you create a world as complex as this one?!'
Honestly though, the whole world that this guy has created feels so real, like there's a history to every single detail, I honestly do
Kevin
Alex
I don't have the first idea how to start reviewing this book. Well, I do, but I'm quite physically and mentally exhuasted from the reading of this book to feel inclined to dissect the matter contained within. So instead, I'm going to write an emotive review.

"THIS BOOK IS FRICKIN AWESOME"

It's really a continuation of the ideas and themes from the first two novels. If there's a difference, though, it's that Martin clearly felt he'd done a lot of grandiose stuff with the Battle at King's Landing an
Ciarán West
Christ on a segway, this book was so full of plot, I think G.R.R. Martin was told that he was going to die in six months, and put everything that could have possibly happened ever into the second half. There are LITERALLY no characters left alive, apart from the ones who are left alive, and even then, those characters are probably dead, but they just don't know it yet; like Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense.

Warning, that last paragraph might have contained spoilers. Except it didn't, really. Becau
Ana
O sexto livro das Crónicas do Gelo e Fogo é uma verdadeira caixa de surpresas, algumas boas, outras nem por isso... O nome do livro, “A Glória dos Traidores” faz jus à obra, traição é o que mais existe ao longo da história narrada.
A nossa história prossegue mas ao contrário dos outros livros, existem imensos acontecimentos marcantes ao longo do mesmo. Desvendam-se alguns segredos, algumas personalidades e algumas traições. São várias as personagens que tem um grande avanço na sua história.
Arya
Lee
Part 3

I sauntered up to the crowd in the corner like no man has sauntered before. “That's some mighty fine sauntering,” said the security guard whose task was presumably to ensure the book reading didn't get out of hand.

“Why thank you,” I said. Something about the guard made me uneasy, but it would have been against all rules of propriety to behead him there in the fiction section, so I smiled charmingly instead.

“Are you here for the Wed Redding?” he asked.

“You mean the Wed reading,” I said,
Sofia Teixeira
Até ler George R.R. Martin, ainda não conhecia a sensação de estar continuamente em sobressalto durante um livro inteiro. Sim, há livros que nos surpreendem em vários pontos da narrativa, outros que nos deixam completamente estupefactos, mas agora elevem isso a um expoente máximo e a um tempo constante. Digo-vos que, em grande parte da leitura, quase que pegava em cada página que queria virar com muito cuidado, espreitando para as primeiras linhas, aguardando certificar-me de que era seguro virá ...more
Jadranka
Martin i u Oluji mačeva na vrhunski način nastavlja svoju sagu o borbi za Gvozdeni presto.
Na moju radost Džejmi Lanister konačno dobija svoje poglavlje, jako mi se dopada u kom pravcu Martin vodi njegovu priču i moram reći da mi je on omiljeni Lanister, antiheroj koga u početku niko ne voli, a onda malo po malo nekako ti se prišunja i postane ti drag...pa, dobro meni bar. On je zapravo kad pogledamo celu priču jedini tu koji sve što radi radi zbog ljubavi, dobro nije to baš najzdraviji odnos koj
Madalena
Uma palavra: espectacular!
Este livro, para mim o melhor de todos os desta saga que já li até agora, surpreendeu em cada "capítulo". O livro encontra-se cheio de voltas e revoravoltas e surpreende sempre. George Martin consegue surpreender em cada nova página e mesmo no final do livro a surpresa mantém-se...
Gostei bastante da "Tormenta de espadas", o livro anterior, já o tinha achado cheio de ação mas este ultrapassou o anterior.
E é engraçado, dei por mim a gostar de personagens que antes detesta
Abdullah
Asfjjkkf THAT WASNT IN THE SHOW THAT ENDING I WASNT EXPECTING I CANT EVEN TYPE
Aleshanee
Meine Meinung

Also zuallererst muss ich sagen, dass ich von dieser Reihe noch immer total fasziniert bin. Jeder Band ist ein kleines Meisterwerk für sich, von der umfangreichen Handlung, den in sich verstrickten Verwicklungen der Machtkämpfe und den besonderen Charakteren, die das ganze glaubhaft und lebendig rüberbringen. Vor allem die zahlreichen, überraschenden Wendungen grade in diesem Band haben mich total umgehauen. George Martin hat hier anscheinend wirklich seinen Spaß dabei, wie er allen
Ali
This is my favourite so far I think although it is incredibly shocking in places! Prepare to have your mind blown at the twists and turns... Incredible!

My one criticism is that at times some characters get a little forgotten to the point that I had to flick back through to remember where i'd last left them...
Büşra Bal
Ben hayatımda bu herif kadar zeki bir yazar daha tanımadım. Parmağında çeviriyor bizi de,kitaptaki 300 karakteri de. O nasıl bir sondur sayın Martin,amacın ne ?? O değil de, tüm ölen karakterler için dua edelim.Sübhaneke dinimiz aminnnnn.
Sarahu
Well, what can I say? This was an absolutely breathtaking, shocking, heartbreaking and exhilarating read. There were twists and turns I didn't see coming, revelations I didn't think possible, and events that shattered me. I can certainly see why A Storm of Swordsis considered the best of the Song of Ice and Fire series. The second part, as was the first, is another five star read.

Now, for my usual: a catch up with my feelings about the characters in the novel. I will, as always, try and tag the
Thad
I reserve some judgment for this 5th book based upon the outcome of the next one. i was under the impression that this would be the last in the series, and was incredibly frustrated when I found that most if not all of the stories were left unfinished. Again with the sex stuff, Mr. Martin really needs to figure out why he feels the strong urge to include this stuff in there when it really doesn't help to explain a character's motivations, attitudes, behaviors. It's like an old 80s movie with the ...more
BookTube Reading ...: Storm of Swords Part 2 - Discussion 10 24 Oct 20, 2014 06:17AM
  • A Corte dos Traidores (A Saga do Assassino #3)
  • O Medo do Homem Sábio - Parte 1 (A Crónica do Regicida, Livro 2 - Parte 1)
  • A Senhora da Magia (As Brumas de Avalon, #1)
  • O Dardo de Kushiel (Kushiel, #1)
  • Os Pilares da Terra - Volume II
  • The Way of Kings, Part 1 (The Stormlight Archive #1, Part 1 of 2)
  • O Guerreiro-Lobo (A Saga das Pedras Mágicas, #2)
  • Magician (The Riftwar Saga, #1-2)
  • Miecz przeznaczenia (Saga o Wiedźminie, #2)
  • The Novice (Black Magician, #2)
  • Presságios de Inverno (Acácia, #2)
  • A Lâmina na Alma (Tigana, #1)
  • Inside HBO's Game of Thrones: Seasons 1 & 2
  • White Wolf (Drenai Saga, #10) (The Damned, #1)
George R. R. Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.

More about George R.R. Martin...

A Song of Ice and Fire (7 books)
  • A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
  • A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
  • A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)
  • A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
  • A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
  • The Winds of Winter (A Song of Ice and Fire, #6)
  • A Dream of Spring (A Song of Ice and Fire, #7)
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)

“You are grown so very great now, yet the higher a man climbs the farther he has to fall.” 22 likes
“I do so hope he plays us 'The Rains of Castamere.' It has been an hour. I've forgotten how it goes.” 21 likes