Start by marking “Bubba and the Missing Woman (Bubba Snoddy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bubba and the Missing Woman (Bubba Snoddy, #3)

Bubba and the Missing Woman (Bubba Snoddy #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  534 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Quite naturally, Bubba’s got another problem. The woman he likes, a lot, is missing. Folks ‘round Pegramville don’t have an inkling whether Bubba done did anything this time. In fact, Bubba doesn’t know what to think, but he is plumb dedicated on finding Willodean Gray, through fair means or foul. It will take a trip to the big city of Dallas, a run-in with an unstable sup ...more
Published (first published December 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bubba and the Missing Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bubba and the Missing Woman

Dec 10, 2011 Nina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Nina by: CL Bevill
So Bubba has gotten himself into yet another adventure!!!! Poor Bubba. How many times can that poor man get himself arrested???? Can Precious be any more precious??? Can I laugh any harder?? Absolutely love the book. CL Bevill is an excellent author and I can't wait for another installment of Bubba.
Susan Ferguson
Just when Bubba is getting to know Deputy Willodean, she disappears. They find her car wrecked and she is missing. A tow truck is reported stolen and Bubba and Sheriff John suspect that is what was used to cause the wreck. The Sheriff tells him that Willodean had a stalker - the reason she left the Dallas police department. The man has been sending her letters. The Sheriff also calls her family and they arrive at her apartment. And are there when Bubba goes to get a piece of clothing for the tra ...more
Denise Eggleston
This is the third Bubba Snoddy book and is as enjoyable as the first two. Someone near to him is kidnapped and Bubba is not content to just let the police handle it. Instead he runs his own investigation landing him, again, in jail not just once but twice (sort of). We meet old characters and new ones. As a Basset hound lover myself, I wish the author would give Bubba's Basset, Precious, more "face time," but you gotta love any book that features one of these floppy-eared hound dogs.

I've loved
Pat Turner
Took me a while to finish, not because of any flaws in the book, but because I have had a busy couple of weeks.

I love Bubba. I think he must be a cousin or something. Pegram County sounds just like the area of East Texas where my family has spent the last five generations.

Read these books.
I really like these books. Yes, I guessed who the "bad guy" was way before it was told in the story, but I didn't care. I like the process, I LOVE the characters, and I like the writing. I'd recommend it for a quick, fun read!
From the first page to the last, a fun mystery. Don't be surprised if you find yourself laughing out load. Just as entertaining as the first two in the series.
Connie Stewart
I can't get enough of Bubba and his Mama.
The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon)
This book started with a little more serious feel to it. Still there, the humor that I loved so much from the first books, but Bubba seemed much more desperate than in the first two books and that stiffled some of the good humor....But... it made for a better story.

By midway the book had found its footing and sense of humor and it ended strong. I give it 4 stars and dub it a really good read (though in truth, the first two in the series carried it for the first few chapters.)

No real disappoint
Conda Douglas
For self-pubbed, this author proved to me that self-published books could be good. Despite all the errors in Bubba and the Dead Woman, I still enjoyed the wacky world of Bubba Snoddy to read the next, Bubba and the Twelve Days of Christmas, which was better written and edited. Onto the third, where I bumped up against the reason that many books need a publisher.

The problem with Bubba and the Missing Woman was that it starts a minute after the previous title. There's a lot of backstory and explan
I think it is time for Bubba and me to take a break. The first book was in desperate need of an editor, but the story was good enough to get me to read the second. Then, about halfway through the second one, I noticed a turn for the better with grammar and had hope for the series. It is really funny even though a bit on the corny side. That convinced me to go on with the series--that and the fact that I know some people who love the series, and I like to know what they are talking about when dis ...more
leading straight on from Bubba and the 12 deadly days of Christmas, Bubba must find his sweetheart, Willodean after she disappears from a road crash.

AS usual, everyone gets involved, including Willodean's family, black gangstas and David from the "Institute" as Bubba investigates why she has disappeared and where she might have gone.

I found this book really hard to finish. I skipped large sections of descriptions, summaries and theories because none of it really enhanced or enlivened the story.
Mar 06, 2015 Amy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2015
Another lighthearted Bubba mystery. This one takes place immediately after the previous book ended, and dovetails with the ending of that one. Enjoyed that David (one of the "Loonies) was also a player in this one, though Im not sure why the character change, except that we're told he has multiple personalities in the previous book. We meet Willodean's family, and much is made of her young niece, so I can only assume we will be seeing more of the family, or at least the youngster.

The books are s
Kim Hammond-beyer
Love this series

another fun romp with Bubba and the other interesting assorted characters. Best to read series in order. strong female characters, a dog, bubba, his crazy family, the small town police. what's not to love?
Diana S Johnson
More Fun!!!

Most all of the county makes an appearance in this one. We also get some new people in the mix. Bubba still needs lots of bandaids.
Book #3 in the "Bubba and the..." Mystery Series.

Bubba is one of my favorite characters of all time. Yeah, sure he is a stereotype...but he's also smart, and has an awesome truck, dog and that order.

This book concludes, for me, a three book set that really is the best of this series. The first three books were very tightly written. The characters were spot-on and lovable; the plot: creative and twisty enough that it kept my interests, right from the git-go. And the length was p
Quinn Fforde
I love this series for its wacky characters and Southern crazy. This one is not my favorite because there is too much retelling of the previous story. Still, I love heading to Pegramville! I will be back for more.
Oh my gosh, I'm hooked! Bubba and the rest of the Pegramville crowd are too much. This is a very addictive series!
Janette Brown
Absolutely, absolutely fabulous.
I had so much fun reading this book! The characters are interesting, the narrative will keep you grinning.
I am a fan of CL Bevill. I just love the Bubba series. It seems each story has Bubba running either into a dead body, or someone is not who they are suppose to be. Bubba is always in trouble. He has a controlling mother, a loyal dog, a mansion needing work and an old pickup truck. For country bumpkin lovers, this is the story for you. A good funny and heartfelt read.
I could've done without the lengthy rehash of the previous book in the series. This book wasn't as funny as the previous ones either. It felt contrived to tack a mystery onto the ending of another mystery.

Nevertheless, I look forward to another Bubba book that has nothing to do with books two and three of this series.
A book that makes you laugh out loud while you are reading it. Then you have to read what was funny out loud to your bed mate because you woke him up. Not as good as the last in the series but enough to make me wonder what happens next. And you definitely have to read this if you love or hate Matt Lauer.
This one kind of dragged to it's conclusion and then wham! it was done. Bubba's a good sort and I do really like the collection of characters. Looking forward to another installment hopefully sooner, rather than later. And *spoiler* thanks so much to Brownie for tasing Matt Lauer!
This one was somewhat funny, but not engaging. I felt there was a film between the reader and the action. The end was a big disappointment. I may have to leave Bubba on his own from hereon out. one good story out of three is not enough to take another chance.
Just as entertaining as the other 2, didn't care for the ending. It wasn't bad, just a little over the top for me. But still a good book overall and if you liked the first 2, this one won't disappoint.
Just...Omg. Really funny though not as funny as the previous 2 Bubba novels. The OMG comes from the scene with Brownie, Bubba's little cousin, and Matt Lauer. Had me rolling out of the chair.
Megan Kelosiwang
A bit less over-the-top than the earlier books in the series but still fun and easy to read. Nice interlude between heavier books.

I have more C.L Bevill to read and I'm looking forward to them.
Highly entertaining tale of mystery in the South, relating Bubba Snoddy's efforts to fing a missing Sheriff's deputy. With the usual cast of remarkable characters.
I can't get enough of this series. C.L. Bevill needs to do more....hoping she does. I'm having Bubba withdrawals.
  • Trouble in the Brasses
  • Murder Goes Mumming
  • The Taint of Midas
  • Cat in a Leopard Spot (Midnight Louie, #13)
  • The Penguin Pool Murder (Hildegarde Withers #1)
  • Taking Out the Trailer Trash
  • Paging the Dead (A Family History Mystery, #01)
  • The Two
  • Dead Politician Society (Clare Vengel Undercover, #1)
  • The Glimpses of the Moon (Gervase Fen, #10)
  • Harrowing Hats
  • Illegally Iced (Donut Shop Mystery, #9)
  • Live and Let Love (Agent Ex, #3)
  • The Ming and I (Den of Antiquity, #3)
  • Murder of the Cat's Meow (A Scumble River Mystery, #15)
  • Escaping Life
  • Cruelty To Innocents (The 911 Abductions, #1)
  • The Ghost Pirate's Treasure: Mystery of the Jaguar Warrior (Paranormally Yours, #1)
C.L. Bevill has been in the U.S. Army, cleaned floors, a graphic illustrator, a therapist, and a stay at home mother. She lives in the Alabama area with her husband and daughter and keeps plugging away at the next great American novel.
More about C.L. Bevill...

Bubba Snoddy (5 books)
  • Bubba and the Dead Woman (Bubba Snoddy, #1)
  • Bubba and the 12 Deadly Days of Christmas (Bubba Snoddy, #2)
  • Bubba and the Mysterious Murder Note (Bubba Snoddy, #4)
  • Bubba and the Zigzaggery Zombies (Bubba Snoddy, #5)
Bubba and the Dead Woman (Bubba Snoddy, #1) Veiled Eyes (Lake People, #1) Black Moon (Moon Trilogy, #1) Amber Moon (Moon Trilogy, #2) Silver Moon (Moon Trilogy, #3)

“Bubba said something about Willowdean having a stalker,” Miz Demetrice said.

“A stalker?” Aunt Caressa repeated as if she was unfamiliar with the word.

“You know, someone who follows you around, sends you cards, dead flowers, and turns up unwanted,” Miz Demetrice said.

“Oh, you mean kind of like a Republican,” Aunt Caressa Concluded.”
“punch. So Bubba obliged.” 0 likes