Start by marking “Shadows to Light (Shadows of Justice, #5)” as Want to Read:
Shadows to Light (Shadows of Justice, #5)

Shadows to Light (Shadows of Justice #5)

Shadows to Light is book 5 in the Shadows of Justice series:

A supernatural healer, Mira escapes a trial of her peers only to be sent on an impossible mission: Rescue her scientist father from a madman who's using him to create bio-weapons. But she's no spy. On her own, with no real clues, she isn't sure where to turn.

Part of a covert task force searching for a missing gove
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 227 pages
Published December 5th 2011 by Getaway Reads, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Shadows to Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows to Light

Loves To Dive
Dec 27, 2011 Loves To Dive rated it it was amazing
The fifth book of Ms. Black’s Justice Series, opens in the year 2094, in a combat zone of North Africa where Mira Luther is working as a triage nurse. When a group of soldiers bring a wounded man in, she recognizes technology that is unmistakably her father’s work.

Fast forward to 2096 Chicago where Brent Jameson and his special forces team is in the middle of a very boring surveillance detail watching a building hoping for proof that someone was using it illegally. Mira and Jameson had met for
Grammy 1
Apr 30, 2013 Grammy 1 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Regan Black for another formidable book in the Justice Series, Shadows to Light blew me away. I have been a fan of your writing for quite a few years now, as you can see by my reviews of this series. You never cease to keep me holding my breath to see what new nuances you can tempt me with that bring your books to a new level.

Where do I start? Again this book starts in the future the year 2094. Mira is a healer, daughter of a famous healer in her world, doctor in ours. It is wartime, a
Nikki McCarver
Jan 30, 2012 Nikki McCarver rated it it was amazing
I can sum this book up in two words...it rocked!! I am totally anal at starting a series from the first book, just because you can get lost in the sub-plots or miss clues. Not so in this book. The only hint that you maybe reading a series is the appearances of 4 more couples in a spot in the book. Otherwise it reads just like a stand-alone or the first book in the series.

Mira is a healer who continuously pushes the boundaries of her job. She is suppose to save people without drawing any attentio
The Haunted Reading Room 2017 - Year of Lovecraft
Feb 23, 2012 The Haunted Reading Room 2017 - Year of Lovecraft rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance, Futuristic Thriller
This rapid-paced novel caught my attention from the very beginning. Just as these soldiers are tossed into immediate combat, so the reader is tossed into a hot and sizzling convoluted plot line involving biological warfare, standard warfare, a futuristic apocalyptic setting-and a “Healer,” one who must conceal her skills, yet needs to use them or else risk going insane from bottling away her talents.

But in a real upheaval of the entire purpose of a healing society, Mira discovers that she is ab
Shawna Hansen
Apr 19, 2012 Shawna Hansen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: paranormal romance readers
Fun & quick read. A lot of attention is suddenly focussed on Mira when her desire to heal her patients exceeds the healer community's desire to be unnoticed. Forced into hiding and at the same time, wanting to help her research scientist father, Mira is at the center of a lot of moving pieces. Everyone wants to take Mira's power.

Mira's powers to heal and save her patients are kept well-hidden, but rumors always spring up and she's forced to move on. She keeps her heart and life closed off kn
Amanda
Apr 24, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
Overall this book was amazing! So fun and SO FAST, I feel like I blinked and suddenly I was 180 something pages in. I literally could not put this book down. It was so utterly fast-paced and kept me on the edge of my seat.
Penumbra
I was given this book to read through The Nexus ARR for an honest review. Thank you.

(view spoiler)
Rachel
May 08, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
When I started to read Shadows To Light I felt that is was very slow in getting started. I don’t usually go for books with war, the forces and weapons in it, however the blurb seems to catch me as I do like the supernatural. It did take me a while to get into it, but when I did I really did start enjoying the book.

I loved Mira and Jameson’s characters and how things panned out for them. They were both loveable characters. Mira was a strong woman and very determined, and Jameson fell head over he
Annalise Grey
Sep 06, 2012 Annalise Grey rated it it was amazing
This is the second book by Regan Black that I've read and loved. I do wish I'd read the other books in the Shadows of Justice series before reading this one but I had gotten this one from for free from a review group so I didn't know it was part of a series. Still, I loved this one so much I want to go and read the others. It's fast-paced and engaging.
Debra
Apr 06, 2014 Debra rated it did not like it
I had such a hard time getting into this story or relating to any character. I really tried to push through because I wanted to be sucked in to this futuristic plot, it just wasn't my cup of tea.
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2013
Ed Schifman
Ed Schifman rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2012
Phuong
Phuong rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2012
Rosemary
Rosemary rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2016
Melita
Melita rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Val Booklover
Val Booklover rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Melody-rose Parker
Melody-rose Parker rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2015
Lindsay Avalon
Lindsay Avalon rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2012
Christine frey
Christine frey rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Brett
Brett rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Jenny Twist
Jenny Twist rated it did not like it
Dec 06, 2011
BK Blue
BK Blue rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2013
Reads4fun
Reads4fun rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2013
Jenna Storm
Jenna Storm rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2012
Joe
Joe rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2013
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Ptgal
Ptgal rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2012
Joe Monzie
Joe Monzie rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2013
As a USA Today bestselling author of award-winning romantic suspense, paranormal romance, and urban fantasy adventures I love to write action-packed stories with a twist! I'm also a coffee addict, domestic zookeeper, wife, and proud mother of two. My newest release: Timeless Vision, the first Knight Traveler novel. Look for my debut with Harlequin Romantic Suspense coming in the fall of 2016 and w ...more
More about Regan Black...

Shadows of Justice (6 books)
  • Justice Incarnate (Shadows of Justice, #1)
  • Invasion of Justice (Shadows of Justice, #2)
  • Veil of Justice (Shadows of Justice, #3)
  • Tracking Shadows (Shadows of Justice, #4)
  • In the Interest of Security (Shadows of Justice)