Start by marking “My Sweet Valentine (Article Row, #3)” as Want to Read:
My Sweet Valentine (Article Row, #3)

My Sweet Valentine (Article Row #3)

The women of No. 13 Article Row know that joy is short lived in the London of 1941. It's a treacherous place, especially for the tender-hearted. As Valentine's Day approaches, the perils of war threaten life as they know it and all matters of the heart.
Published January 5th 2012 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about My Sweet Valentine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Sweet Valentine

Shaun
Mar 03, 2013 Shaun rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library, 2013
I was tempted to knock a star of for this book because of the amount of mistakes contained within. I don't mind a few mistakes in books but it just became irritating here. Also family saga authors love the word rueful and it was used in abound here. Slightly irritating. But the characters and story more than made up for it and for me this was another enjoyable read from Annie Groves, who sadly passed away in 2011. Wikipedia says Annie Groves was her mother's maiden name, I knew it wasn't her ...more
Myriam
May 03, 2016 Myriam rated it it was ok
Very disappointed in this Article row #3
There was very little happening. Too many irrelevant details about the daily life of the number 13's lodgers ... I did enjoy London Belles and Home for Christmas though...
Ruth
Mar 05, 2014 Ruth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars. After surviving the onslaught of Hitler's Blitz on London, the women of Article Row -- Olive and her daughter Tilly, and their lodgers Agnes, Sally, and Dulcie -- continue to struggle to adjust to life under the ever-present specter of war. Working as a nurse at St. Bart's, Sally continues to see the worst of the Blitz's impact on London, but finds solace in her relationship with George, a young doctor whose affections have helped her forget her own breach with her family back in ...more
Brenda Coody Leon
Apr 10, 2014 Brenda Coody Leon rated it it was ok
I am almost finished with this book, and I have to wonder if I downloaded a rough draft. I have never seen so many errors in a book in my life. I had high hopes for this book, which is supposed to be a family-type WWII drama. However, the book was quite a disappointment for me. The part about the fire-watching and incendiary bombs was interesting, however, the rest of the book felt pointless to me. There was no cohesive plot and it read like a bad teen romance.
Kim
Apr 21, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, 2012
This was number 3 in the Article Row series. I read number 2 recently without realising that it was part of a series and left a comment saying that I wanted to know more about the characters.

I love books set around the second world war- and it was nice to catch up with the characters again. I think there is another one due out in the autumn.

She has a nice easy style and I will definately read more by this author (no 1 is reserved at the library!).
Ilovetoread2
Jun 08, 2012 Ilovetoread2 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book as much as the previous ones and am looking forward to hearing more about the residents of Article Row. I could be picky about some aspects of the portrayal of some of the characters but enjoyed the story none the less. A lot of research must have been done concerning the Blitz and WWII in general.
Natalie
It was an okay book, but personally it felt like a waste of time reading it. What I did enjoy was the number of historical facts mentioned such as the bombing at the Cafe de Palais, very interesting. There were quite a few errors in the book which was a shame.
Samantha
May 02, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Love Annie Groves Books .. The 3rd Book of Article Row is Brilliant .. Felt Like I wanted to Shake Tilly at Times & Dulcie is one of My Favourite Characters in This Series she Just Let's everything fly over Her Head and No one is more Important than Herself .. Can't Wait for Book 4 :)
Susan
Mar 23, 2016 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I'll admit it, I'm hooked on these "Article Row" books, set in London during WWII. You think they are going to be so nice and sweet and cheesy, and surprise! There actually IS a plot and a story behind each character. Yep, I have to read them all now (two more).
Jackie Hoyle
Aug 18, 2014 Jackie Hoyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Carol B Davis
Jul 17, 2016 Carol B Davis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Love this author and her series of books. She makes her cha r caters registering and engaging so you keep wanting to read more.
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
taffy
taffy rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Karen Backhouse
Karen Backhouse rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2016
peter mcgauchran
peter mcgauchran rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
Joan
Joan rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2015
M H Ford
M H Ford rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Sara buchanan
Sara buchanan rated it liked it
May 04, 2016
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Phenexrose
Phenexrose rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2015
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2013
Sarah Watson
Sarah Watson rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2013
Kate Gatford
Kate Gatford rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Amanda Mcgarvey
Amanda Mcgarvey rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Jane Taylor
Jane Taylor rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Vikki
Vikki rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Ann Jesson
Ann Jesson rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2013
  • Warnings Of Gales
  • Liverpool Daisy
  • Unbreakable
  • Letter From Chicago
  • To Tell The Truth (Rosie Gilmour #2)
  • Cut and Run (Joe Hunter, #4)
  • He's the One
Penelope Jones Halsall aka: Caroline Courtney, Penny Jordan, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 in a Preston, Lancashire, England.
She had been a keen reader from the childhood. She was a storyteller long before she began to write romantic fiction.

She has earned a living as a writer since the 1970s when, as a shorthand typist, she entered a compet
More about Annie Groves...

Article Row (5 books)
  • London Belles (Article Row, #1)
  • Home for Christmas (Article Row, #2)
  • Only A Mother Knows (Article Row, #4)
  • A Christmas Promise (Article Row, #5)