Start by marking “Stone Cold Revenge (Set in Stone, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stone Cold Revenge (Set in Stone, #2)

Stone Cold Revenge (Set in Stone #2)

Forced by her maniacal father, the king of the shadow elves, to live in his house and train to become his heir, newly minted princess of the paranormal Elleodora Fredricks doesn’t think things could get much more complicated. On the outs with her gargoyle love interest, Jax, and confused about her relationship with her childhood sweetheart, MacLean the phoenix, Elle knows ...more
ebook
Published January 20th 2013 by Entangled Publishing (first published January 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Stone Cold Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stone Cold Revenge

Marina
May 22, 2013 Marina rated it liked it
Shelves: fae, 2013, uf, blog-review

Review originaly posted at: http://www.larissaslife.com/2013/05/m...

Stone Cold Revenge is the second book in the trilogy Set in Stone and without having read the first one Stone Cold Seduction I had many blanks.

In this second installment we follow Elle (aka Elleodora Fredericks the princess of the Shadow Elves) as she accepts the offer of her father Jedren and moves in with him in order to be trained and become officially his heir.
In a world were gargoyles are sexy, phoenixes are super hot (!!!
Fani
Headed to 4 stars because of the suspense and action and plot twists, but when everyone started encouraging the heroine to do something that they all deemed 'bad' and 'not recommended' a couple of chapters earlier, I had to take a star down. That and the heroine refusing to do what everyone asks of her 'because she didn't have enough time' when people's lives depended on her or 'because it would make it all real', seriously grated on my nerves.

Needs some better editing IMO, else the pl
Tigrish
Apr 05, 2014 Tigrish rated it liked it
This book reveals a lot of awesome stuff. Though to be honest, I expected a little more development. It kind of feels like a lot of loose ends are being tied up with regards to world building and knowledge, but the story itself doesn't really move on. That'll probably happen in the next book I reckon.

So, although this wasn't a bad one, I mean it's still a great series, I guess I'll end up liking book 2 and 3 the most.

Still a little amazed at how little time has passed in the span of these books
Angie
Dec 29, 2014 Angie rated it it was ok
Synopsis: "Forced by her maniacal father, the king of the shadow elves, to live in his house and train to become his heir, newly minted princess of the paranormal Elleodora Fredricks doesn’t think things could get much more complicated. On the outs with her gargoyle love interest, Jax, and confused about her relationship with her childhood sweetheart, MacLean the phoenix, Elle knows her fate decrees that her powers will manifest themselves in full on her twenty-eighth birthday, which is quickly ...more
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: This book picks up where the last one leaves off with Elle planning to bring justice to her father’s victims. First though she has to learn to control her abilities with the help of some family she never knew she had and the men who have been by her side from the beginning. At the same time she must choose between her gargoyle love and her phoenix childhood love.

Opening Sentence: Two weeks ago the worst day of my life started with a double
Cocktails and Books
It seems like I've waited forever for this book to come out. I was so excited when it was finally in my iPad I wondered if it would live up the hype I'd created. I'm happy to say it most certainly did.

Elle has a lot to deal with in this installment of the SET IN STONE series. She's forced to live in her sadistic father's guest house while his flunkies train her on all things the Shadow King heir must know. As if that wasn't enough, she has the cryptic message regarding her mates and then comes f
Julie G
Mar 08, 2013 Julie G rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Where do I begin? Gargoyles, shadow elves, phoenices (phoenixes?), light elves, gods, demi-gods, and oracles. A character list which really seems to call for an "oh, my!" or two at the end.

Minor spoiler alert: Stone Cold Revenge is the second book in Jess Macallan's 'Set in Stone' series. If you haven't read book one, you're missing some great stuff. And you should probably, immediately, grab a copy. It's that good.

And it really helps to read the series in order.

Frankly, I had the oddest sensati
Edensbookshelf.com
Feb 21, 2013 Edensbookshelf.com rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013

Macallan's Set in Stone series brings a fresh and exciting voice to a genre that has become stagnant. With Stone Cold Revenge, the second book in the series, Macallan expands the world she introduced in Stone Cold Seduction. Elle returns to her father's mansion - a place filled with the memories of childhood torture and abuse, in order to solve the mystery surrounding missing ancient artifacts and prove her innocence. Elle must agree to become her father's heir and in the process learn more abou
Heather Book Savvy Babe
This review was first published at Book Savvy Babes Blog*

When I started this series with book 1, Stone Cold Seduction, I remember being so excited about the series. The world is unique, with its own paranormal structure and a reluctant princess just coming into her powers. When I picked up Stone Cold Revenge, I was excited to see where the series would go, but the characters did not affect me the same way they did in the first book.

Stone Cold Revenge picks up just after where book 1 left off. El
Juls
Mar 20, 2013 Juls rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This story picks up right where it left off in book one. In Stone Cold Seduction we are introduced to Elle and she is more than meets the eye. Her father is the Shadow Elf King and her mother a Demigod. What does that make her? Someone not to be messed with!

Elle is back in her childhood home and now as an adult she needs to refocus her energy on not her horrible past but on how to destroy her father. Its not as easy as she thought though. He is always one step ahead of her.

Jedren is playing to
Kathy Martin
Feb 12, 2013 Kathy Martin rated it really liked it
STONE COLD REVENGE is a good middle book in a trilogy. When the story begins, Elle is just moving into the guest house at her father's estate as per their agreement. He wants to made her his heir and use her as a tool for whatever his purpose might be. Elle moves in because she is determined to kill him and his bullying torturer of an aide Luke. At the beginning I was worried because Elle had the will but not the skill needed to kill her father.

As the story goes on Elle begins to develop the ski
My Book Addiction and More MBA
STONE COLD REVENGE is exactly the follow up to STONE COLD SEDUCTION that I expected. Equally steeped in conflict, both love and hate, and great paranormal elements this sequel continues the initial story perfectly and creates even more reasons to keep the reader involved. As Elle learns more about herself, her mother, her past, her father, her soul mates, etc., the story continues to be compelling. Every day brings new talents and abilities and the responsibilities tied to them. We meet addition ...more
Trixiter Marczak
Mar 20, 2013 Trixiter Marczak rated it it was amazing
What a great follow up to Stone Cold Seduction! Leaves you wanting Book 3! So many questions needing answered! We need book 3 NOW! Bottom line, loved it and I need MORE!!!
FragmentsofInk
Nov 06, 2012 FragmentsofInk marked it as to-read
Shelves: nis, uf
What's the deal? The Nov. 2011 release date fell through (quite obviously), but I haven't been able to find any updates? Anyone know if/when this will release?
Debra
Jun 03, 2013 Debra rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-muse
Excellent plot, lovable & hatable characters, cannot wait to read what happens next!
Amanda James
Mar 16, 2013 Amanda James rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this book! Jess is an awesome author!
Shy The WidowMaker
Jun 04, 2013 Shy The WidowMaker rated it really liked it
Review to follow.
Aline
Aline rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Olga
Olga marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Teri
Teri added it
Apr 09, 2016
Krysti Amber
Krysti Amber marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Josie Klares
Josie Klares rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Casey H
Casey H marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 12, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it it was ok
Oct 31, 2015
Beth Irongate
Beth Irongate rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jess is a health coach, yoga teacher, and genre-jumping author. She lives in the Inland Northwest with her handsome hero and five busy children. She thrives on the creative process. Curiosity drives her to try new things every day, and encourage everyone around her to do the same. When she's not coaching, teaching, or writing, Jessica loves to read, craft with her kids, cook, and get her hands dir ...more
More about Jess Macallan...

Set in Stone (2 books)
  • Stone Cold Seduction (Set in Stone, #1)