Start by marking “All I Hold Dear” as Want to Read:
All I Hold Dear

All I Hold Dear

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  766 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
He couldn't say how he knew he was being followed. He just knew. Since snow began falling an hour ago, he'd sensed his relentless shadow drawing closer. He laughed mirthlessly at his own expense. He didn't know how he could be so sure someone who meant him harm was following him when he certainly didn't know much else. Not even his name.
Courtney is nursing the wounds of a
Published by Covenant Communications (first published June 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about All I Hold Dear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Hold Dear

Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris HeimerdingerPillar of Light by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
Best LDS fiction
278th out of 499 books — 441 voters
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingThe Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen ChboskyThe Bad Beginning by Lemony SnicketGirl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy ChevalierSpeak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Best Books of 1999
168th out of 265 books — 135 voters

More lists with this book...

Tawny
Aug 21, 2012 Tawny rated it liked it
Shelves: religious, novel
A fun and meticulously clean read. Sorta strange and cool that the story incorporated scriptures and a primary song with suspense, guns and drugs. Didn't have any favorite lines, but I learned a new vocabulary word: "niggling."
Linnae
Nov 18, 2009 Linnae rated it liked it
After a broken engagement Courtney needs some time alone, so she heads to her family's cabin at the edge of their large ranch property. However, time alone is not in the cards. She has only been at the cabin for a short time when a man, almost frozen, stumbles through the door. It's obvious that he needs help, but she's also all alone in a remote cabin, and there's no telling what kind of man he is...or who may be after him. What becomes clear fairly soon is that not only is his life in danger, ...more
Tyler
Mar 15, 2010 Tyler rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, especially Latter-Day Saints

I really liked this book when I read it the first time, but it had a lot of background information that was introduced in the middle of the book. This caused it to be slightly confusing the first time I read it.

But recently I read it again, after about a year. I thoroughly enjoyed it, a good deal more than before. I had forgotten most of the details, but they were still present in my mind, so when I read the more intricate and complicated history, I understood it far better and didn't need to sp

Katie W
Feb 13, 2011 Katie W rated it liked it
Courtney needed some time away to heal her heart over a broken engagement. She heads to the family cabin, just before Christmas, and is surprised when a stranger stumbles in. He's in poor shape and she takes some time to heal him. "Sam" can't remember much, but knows he's being followed. They embark on a suspenseful, wild journey to find out who he really is and what's going on.

*Side note--this book was found in the romance section at my library, but I didn't find any more romance in it than Je
Sharee
Jul 12, 2008 Sharee rated it liked it
I borrowed this book from my mom and I have had it for months. I was not excited about reading it - thinking it would be just another "LDS love story" - they always seem the same. I actually really enjoyed the plot, but the love story got kind of cheesy (as most of the LDS love stories seem to do that I have read). But I loved it because it was perfectly clean and happy. Just what I like. A very quick, easy read. Mindless reading; definitely not an intellectual stretch. I just thought it was fun ...more
Patricia
Jan 23, 2014 Patricia rated it really liked it
This was an interesting story and I like the characters. I wonder why Covenant Communications used such a boring cover for this book.
Genesis
Nov 27, 2013 Genesis rated it really liked it
First book from Jennie that I have read. It's more suspense than romance. Courtney's just ended an engagement. She decide to take a breather at one of the homesteads on her family's ranch. While there, a stranger shows up frozen, malnutrition and in need of medical help. As she attempts to help him regain his memory, they become closer, fight off the evils that are after him and find what each of them have been looking for in each other.
Trina
Dec 15, 2010 Trina rated it really liked it
Shelves: wish-list
I loved this book. It was a fun, easy read. I only gave it 4 stars because there was a bit of extended cheesiness with the Samuel the Lamanite thing but overall it kept my interest and I didn't want to put the book down. The adventure of it all is something every girl has dreamed about at one point.
Megan Swanson
Dec 13, 2010 Megan Swanson rated it really liked it
Wow. I'm sort of speechless just thinking about it. It's kind of scary how many connections these people had, making it so easy to track him. There were a few really awesome unexpected parts that just made it that much sweeter, but since I don't want to mark it for spoilers, I'll leave it as a must-read.
Kristyn
Mar 03, 2009 Kristyn rated it really liked it
This one had a romance sticker on the side of it, but it was more of a suspense novel like most of Jennie Hansen's books. I don't think it had any more romance than the rest either. But because of that sticker my son won't take it to school to read. I really enjoyed it, she's one of my favorite authors.
Brooklyn
Dec 09, 2012 Brooklyn rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-want
Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of this book. It was a great story and all, but for an LDS book, it was a bit dark. Especially when the main guy, Sam, says that he is addicted to drugs and will probably hurt her. I just thought it was a bit dark. Other than that, it was a great book and idea.
Ashleigh
Apr 02, 2009 Ashleigh rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the suspense, mystery and action of this book. I thought it had a good story line with just the right amount of cheesy LDS romance :) I always find it hard to put down a good book and I stayed up pretty late to finish this one. Overall it is a good, fun, super easy read.
Susan
Apr 13, 2008 Susan rated it really liked it
When I run out of handy books, I go to my shelves and re-read. This is one of those books. Adventure, love, action. Mark is leaving the witness protection program to continue investigation of drug dealing and a power hungry man, accidentily involving Courtney.
Holly
Jul 27, 2009 Holly rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
The set up is a little slow in starting, but I loved the characters. I was not disappointed! I love the characters, the plot & storyline, and it was well executed. It's actually more like 4.5 stars, but that's not an option. I recommend the book!
Krista
Apr 25, 2011 Krista rated it it was amazing
It was such a good book that i read it in 2 days because of school or i would have finished it in one day!!!! it reminds me a lot about the book return to red castle!!!!! i cant wait to read other books she has written!!!!
Annemarie
Feb 11, 2008 Annemarie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one of my favorite books of this author's. I loved how it was written and the whole storyline. I especially loved all of the suspense and the twists and turns. It's another one of those books I'd read over and over again.
Jul 02, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it
Great book, it had so many goespel principles surrounding the story line it was very uplifting. Not to mention quite a bit of mystery and drama. It was a very good book but all of Jennie Hansen's books are great!
Christina
Like the other books I've read by Jennie Hansen, this has a lot of adventure and a good underlying romance story. It was fun to read and made me neglect my ordinary routine so I could finish!
Kina
Dec 15, 2010 Kina rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd or 3rd time reading this book and though it's rather corny in the romance department, but its also scarey and a fun fluffy read. I've enjoyed owning this book.
Cami McHan
Aug 25, 2015 Cami McHan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
Good adventure. With some explanation, I thought Sam was just a code name, so I was really confused when it was actually his cousin's name.
Karen
Sep 29, 2008 Karen rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book even though it is hard to rap my mind around 2 characters both thought dead had tempory memory loss.
Tersa barber
Aug 03, 2011 Tersa barber rated it it was amazing
i could not put this book down it was so amazing and heart warming though it was filled with suspense and action
LAWonder10
Jun 21, 2012 LAWonder10 rated it really liked it
A delightful story with romance intrigue but slightly lacking in her usual capacity to really involve the reader.
Heather
Jan 13, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
Pretty sure this is my favorite Jennie Hansen book. The perfect blend of suspence, romance, and mystery.
Kristin
Oct 05, 2012 Kristin rated it really liked it
This book was enjoyable from beginning to end. It was full of suspense but had a good love story too.
Kate
Mar 01, 2009 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-novels
Classic cheesy LDS romance novel. I liked the adventure, and how it added the gospel into the story.
Lisa
Mar 10, 2009 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. The romance mixed with the suspense and how each person tied together.
Laurie
Apr 02, 2008 Laurie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves fiction & good romance
I enjoy Jennie Hansen's books. I hate to put them down so I usually stay up late reading them!
Liesl
Apr 01, 2008 Liesl rated it really liked it
Recommended to Liesl by: Laurief
Shelves: lds-fiction
I really enjoy the Jennie Hanson books they are a fun read. I usually can hardly put them down.
Heather
Sep 02, 2011 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction
Exciting and suspenseful, and of course romantic, if a bit unrealistic. But that's okay.
  • A Time for the Heart
  • I'll Find You
  • Above Suspicion (Haggerty Mystery, #3)
  • Pathway Home  (Yesterday's Love, #4)
  • Winter Fire
  • Emeralds and Espionage (Gems and Espionage, #1)
  • Ripple Effect (Undercurrents, #2)
  • This Just in