Start by marking “The Parent Trap” as Want to Read:
The Parent Trap

The Parent Trap

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Published October 1st 1968 by Scholastic Book Services (first published 1968)

To ask other readers questions about The Parent Trap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parent Trap

Sarah Sammis
It's not a very good adaptation, in my opinion, of the original movie. The dialogue is there but there's very little story to back it up. This novel is more of a script than a book. The story just starts with no explanation and works on the assumption that you've seen the film and are probably reading along as you're watching the film.
Liz B
Oct 01, 2014 Liz B added it
Shelves: read-as-a-kid
No star rating, because it's just not fair. Honestly, it did exactly what its audience wanted it to do...so great book.

We got a VCR in 1983, so that's probably when I read this. (I had a heavy novelization period from about 3rd-6th grades.)
Victoria
Exactly like the movie...fortunately, I love this story
Wendy
The movie was better.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
I discovered I actually have 2 copies of this really old book. lol It's my favorite Disney movie. This book is good as well for kids or movie fans.

Downgrading it from 4**** to 3***.
When I read this as a child, and it was (and is) my favorite Disney movie of all time, I loved the book. Now that I'm rereading it as an adult, I have problems with it. Then again, I've seen the movie over 40 times so I've got the dialogue memorized. First you must understand that this slim novel is a novelization of
Steph
Not quite worthy of the three stars I'm giving it, this isn't a very good novelization. But I was so pleased to find a beat-up copy in a used book bin, and it was such a nice, easy read during the darker hours of yesterday's read-a-thon.
Hal Johnson
When I was nine, I liked this book so much that I assumed the movie was based on the book, and not the other way around -- after all, I'd read other movie novelizations, and none of them were of so high a caliber.

I'm not sure I stand by this assessment.
Therese
I read this book as a kid, after seeing the original movie.
Zacheria Ziko
is good and great
Bryan W.
Bryan W. marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Mary
Mary added it
Jan 19, 2015
Esther Anderson
Esther Anderson marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
k
k added it
Nov 24, 2014
Robyn Drummond
Robyn Drummond marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Robert Paul
Robert Paul marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Deb
Deb added it
Mar 06, 2015
Auttie Rogers
Auttie Rogers marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Ghost That Came Alive The Haunted House and Other Spooky Poems and Tales Dr Syn Alias the Scarecrow Terror by Night (The Partridge Family, #5) Unidentified Flying Oddball