Start by marking “Please, Louise!” as Want to Read:
Please, Louise!

Please, Louise!

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Louise is an irresistible force, determined to be as close to her brother as she possibly can. Jake tries everything he can think of to make her leave him alone, but she refuses to go away. When Jake, in desperation, wishes Louise were a dog, he is suddenly faced with a terrifying dilemma. Louise is gone and a little dog seems to have taken her place. Can his wish have com ...more
Published July 11th 2007 by Groundwood Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Please, Louise!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Please, Louise!

Oh, The Places You'll Go! by Dr. SeussThe Amazing Super Great Awesome Incredible Fantastic Space Race! by Othen Donald Dale CummingsGuards! Guards! by Terry PratchettMoo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra BoyntonO Pioneers! by Willa Cather
Titles with an Exclamation Point!
262nd out of 496 books — 36 voters
Julius, the Baby of the World by Kevin HenkesThere's Going to Be a Baby by John BurninghamThe New Baby by Mercer MayerAnother Brother by Matthew CordellOn Mother's Lap by Ann Herbert Scott
New Baby Siblings
38th out of 63 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Molly
I'm an only child. There were times in my life that I created imaginary siblings (always older.) I always thought the best part of having a sibling would be annoying them. You know, holding your finger so close to them, but not actually touching, so that your mom couldn't yell at you for touching them, but they were still really annoyed! This book reminds me of that wish. Louise loves her older brother Jake. She loves him so much that she doesn't want to be away from him...ever. When he goes in ...more
Jeanna
Relatively okay, but I still would prefer books that have nicer sibling relationships. This relationship isn't terrible--poor Jake just wants some space--but the characters only really value it in the end. The way I see things, my kids are going to naturally have a hard enough time being kind to one another most of the time. They don't need to see meanness constantly modeled in the books they read. They'll see it plenty of other places, whether I like it or not.

Still, fairly decent relationships
Ishta Mercurio
This is a really super book - and what's more, my son adores it so much that he refused to return it to the library.

The thing I like most about this book is the way it portrays the older brother's emotions so truthfully. It really captures the nuances of the relationship between two siblings: even though Louise invades his space and drives him nuts, it's clear that he still loves her. And I really like the way Louise grows as a character at the end.
Julie
Anyone who has a younger sibling will identify with this cute story of a boy who wishes his pesky sister away when he cannot get time away from her. The bright watercolor illustrations are detailed and add humor to the sibling rivalry. This will make a great read aloud as well as a fantastic book to share one on one with children experiencing sibling rivalry.
Sharai
A young girl named Louise--who is reminiscent of Kay Thompson's spunky 6-year-old Eloise character--is striving to connect with her older brother, Jake. She bothers him, messes up his room, and speaks loudly. Finally when Jake is actually looking for Louise, he finds that Louise has found a new friend.
Jamie Forrest
This book is a Shining Willow Award Nominee. This is a cute book of the relationship between a brother and a sister. The illustrations by Marie-Louise Gay are absolutely amazing. The details of the illustrations are so interesting I had to re-read the book by just looking at the illustrations!
Liz
I just loved this book! Maybe because I can completely relate to the brother just wanting his sister to leave him alone. Maybe because I see the same thing happening with my own three children. In any case it is a sweet story with darling illustrations, which I am a sucker for!
LoriAnn Kocialski
VERY VERY CUTE BOOK! If you have a child that has a sibling ... you must read this book! Or if you were the little sister that terrorized your older brother. This reminds me of me and my brother ... a long time ago!
Dee
This book reminded me of my two children Louis and Maddie when they were about the same age. Very cute. Wonderful illustrations.

"Every little breeze seems to whisper Louise..."
Maurice Chevalier
Rachelle
We love this book. Whenever the kids get to fighting and saying how much they don't like each other. All I have to do is say...Please Louise...and they start smiling. Love the illustrations also.
Gina
very cute! it shows that everyone who has a brother or sister that bugs them, or that likes to bug others, in the end they will still love eachother and that it is okay to feel those emotions.
Tricia
boy is hounded by his little sister who drives him crazy but when he thinks she is missing, he gets upset. cute story for sibling struggling with a pesky younger sibling.
Lori
Anyone who's ever wanted some space, but a pesty brother or sister was incessantly in the way, will be able to appreciate this story.
Shonna
I've read this to kids kindergarten to grade 6. I like this one. Anyone with a sibling can relate to one of these two characters.
Jo-Ann
Fiction:
I wished for a unicorn

Nonfiction:
Wish

Activity/Movement/Song:

Craft:
Nativida
If you have a sibling, and wish to have some personal space, you'll make text-to-self connections with this book.
Carol
Cute story about a little sister who pesters her brother.
Camden&cayden
This book is all about siblings. It's adorable
Tammy
Dec 20, 2013 Tammy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Loved it.
Sara Cristiano
Sara Cristiano marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Isabel
Isabel marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Albert Einstein You're Mean, Lily Jean! Queen of the Toilet Bowl Blob Jennifer Jones Won't Leave Me Alone