Start by marking “Cock-a-Doodle-Moooo: A Mixed Up Menagerie” as Want to Read:
Cock-a-Doodle-Moooo: A Mixed Up Menagerie

Cock-a-Doodle-Moooo: A Mixed Up Menagerie

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Since the dawn of civilization, people have imagined creatures that combine parts of different animals, such as the Griffin (lion + eagle) and the Cockatrice (rooster + serpent). Following that tradition, Keith DuQuette creates a world of hybrid animals as wondrous as any found in mythology.

Readers will thrill to discover such creatures as the proud Cooster (cow + rooste

Published March 30th 2004 by Putnam Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Cock-a-Doodle-Moooo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cock-a-Doodle-Moooo

Autumn
K picked this book up from his school library.

We thought this book was funny, especially try to pronounce some of the mixed up animals.

K's favorite mixed up animal was all of them. Because it was hard to pick just one.
My two favorite animals were the Frutterfly which is a frog and a butterfly and a Girantula which is a giraffe and tarantula. The pictures are funny and makes you wonder what would happen if there were really animals mixed up like that.
Long book with a lot of different animals, f
Mandy
Let your imagination go wild!
Jenna's Mom
Jul 15, 2008 Jenna's Mom rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids 4 and up
This book was ok, I guess. I paraphrased it for Jenna because some of it was kind of old for her at 3 yrs. I suppose the mixing of animals is something that little kids would find funny and silly...I don't care for that kind of stuff, so maybe that explains my lack of enthusiasm for this one. Jenna seemed to think it was silly and funny at times and at other times, she seemed confused. Not a favorite.
Hope L. Justice
This is well written and illustrated. The rhyming was a little too whimsical to be very clever. Just preference. Children's books have target age ranges. Anyways, it in all honesty, was more of a 4.5 to me, but I had to give it 5 for plain kitschy weirdness and being flat out bizarre.
Tricia
rhymes about mythical animals morphs into pretend mythical animals such as "ccoster". scared the hell out of viv. icky.
Jennessa
This was a really cute book. After we were done reading it, I had my kids make up their own crazy animal.
Trisha
Fun idea but WAY too long for kaya.
Roya
Roya marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2013
Ashley Natale
Ashley Natale marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2012
Sep 09, 2010
mpfrom
mpfrom added it
Feb 11, 2008
Little Monkey Lost The House Book Hotel Animal They Call Me Woolly A Ripping Day For A Picnic