Start by marking “Crime Wave! (DC Super Friends)” as Want to Read:
Crime Wave! (DC Super Friends)

Crime Wave! (DC Super Friends)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Join Superman, Batman, Aquaman, and the rest of the DC Super Friends as they fly off on a new adventure in this Step into Reading leveled reader for boys ages 5-8. When the mysterious Black Manta steals the world's largest pearl, the Super Friends rush in to save the day—but they will have to face the twisting tentacles of the Black Manta's giant octopus first!
Published January 10th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Crime Wave!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crime Wave!

Jennifer Warrick Davis
I recently purchased this book in a collection for my 6 year old son. He loves it.

Everyone is lining up to see the world's biggest pearl. Aquaman gets to cut the ribbon to open the show. Superman, Batman, and the people cheer. Water starts to flood in and The Super Friends help the people exit. The Super Friends are then attacked by Black Manta, a shark, an octopus, and couple of eels. He is after the pearl. Aquaman speaks with the sea creatures.He explains to them that stealing is wrong. The s
Erica
I usually love the DC Super Friends books, but this one was disappointing. This stories usually have each superhero offering something different and essential to defeating the villain. However, in this book, Batman and Superman were immediately incapacitated and removed from the story, so they never actually worked together. Although I liked that the super friends won by talking to the giant octopus, I wish that Aquaman had explained why stealing is wrong instead of just stating it.
Eric
Great for young readers who are not excited about reading. Children can follow the story through by looking at the pictures when they are having difficulty reading the words. Entertaining and filled with suspense which will have your children wishing for more. Teachers should have these books in their classes.
Ben
Aquaman, Batman and Superman are opening an exhibit of a giant Pearl at the aquarium. Black Manta ambushes them to steal the pearl. I'm willing to out aside that Black Manta would have waited until the superheroes left to do his heist, after all this is a short book and we need to get to the action.

But the turning point of this book is on page 25 which states: "He (Back Manta) forgets that Aquaman can talk to sea creatures." His plans rapidly unravel. Look— Black Manta is Aquaman's nemesis. How
Ms. Yingling
Conclusion: Step into Reading level 3 are okay for struggling middle school readers, but level 2 books are too simple.
Katie Casey
Micah is very into the "Super Friends" so he picked this one out at the library.
Amy
This is a superhero book for the littlest of kids. The story is very simple and easy for little ones to follow, and it has all kinds of creatures that symbolize danger to little kids. The story would probably be totally ridiculous to older kids (I can just imagine my niece scoffing and picking this one apart), but to a pre-school child it's awesome. My nephew loved this story, and he loved how the heroes persuaded one of the foes to join the good guys' team. It's a silly story, but it's a great ...more
Wooden Horse
Step 2 Reading with help
Superman, Batman and Aquaman team up to defeat Black Manta's attempt to steal the world's biggest pearl.
C
C marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Cupla Academy
Cupla Academy marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Brian nguyen
Brian nguyen marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Arlo
Arlo added it
May 17, 2015
Sarah added it
May 08, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Summer Kloster
Summer Kloster marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Need cover replaced 3 28 Mar 03, 2013 04:49PM
T. Rex Trouble! (DC Super Friends Step into Reading) The Courageous Captain America (Little Golden Book) The Mighty Avengers (Marvel: The Avengers) Bizarro Day! (DC Super Friends) The Mighty Thor (Marvel: Thor)