Start by marking “Crime Wave! (DC Super Friends)” as Want to Read:
Crime Wave! (DC Super Friends)

Crime Wave! (DC Super Friends)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Join Superman, Batman, Aquaman, and the rest of the DC Super Friends as they fly off on a new adventure in this Step into Reading leveled reader for boys ages 5-8. When the mysterious Black Manta steals the world's largest pearl, the Super Friends rush in to save the day—but they will have to face the twisting tentacles of the Black Manta's giant octopus first!
Published January 10th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Crime Wave!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crime Wave!

Jennifer Warrick Davis
I recently purchased this book in a collection for my 6 year old son. He loves it.

Everyone is lining up to see the world's biggest pearl. Aquaman gets to cut the ribbon to open the show. Superman, Batman, and the people cheer. Water starts to flood in and The Super Friends help the people exit. The Super Friends are then attacked by Black Manta, a shark, an octopus, and couple of eels. He is after the pearl. Aquaman speaks with the sea creatures.He explains to them that stealing is wrong. The s
Eric
Great for young readers who are not excited about reading. Children can follow the story through by looking at the pictures when they are having difficulty reading the words. Entertaining and filled with suspense which will have your children wishing for more. Teachers should have these books in their classes.
Ben
Aquaman, Batman and Superman are opening an exhibit of a giant Pearl at the aquarium. Black Manta ambushes them to steal the pearl. I'm willing to out aside that Black Manta would have waited until the superheroes left to do his heist, after all this is a short book and we need to get to the action.

But the turning point of this book is on page 25 which states: "He (Back Manta) forgets that Aquaman can talk to sea creatures." His plans rapidly unravel. Look— Black Manta is Aquaman's nemesis. How
Katie Casey
Micah is very into the "Super Friends" so he picked this one out at the library.
Amy
This is a superhero book for the littlest of kids. The story is very simple and easy for little ones to follow, and it has all kinds of creatures that symbolize danger to little kids. The story would probably be totally ridiculous to older kids (I can just imagine my niece scoffing and picking this one apart), but to a pre-school child it's awesome. My nephew loved this story, and he loved how the heroes persuaded one of the foes to join the good guys' team. It's a silly story, but it's a great ...more
Anderson County Library
I read this book to my four year old grandson who likes books about Superman and Batman. His favorite page was the police taking Black Manta away for stealing the pearl. This is a good book for anyone who likes Batman and Superman!
Wooden Horse
Step 2 Reading with help
Superman, Batman and Aquaman team up to defeat Black Manta's attempt to steal the world's biggest pearl.
Melody
Melody marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Joann
Joann added it
Oct 19, 2014
Jekka
Jekka added it
Oct 03, 2014
Colin
Colin marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Loretta
Loretta marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Marquise
Marquise marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
K Long
K Long added it
May 27, 2014
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Apr 22, 2014
Kevin Huinink
Kevin Huinink marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Need cover replaced 3 28 Mar 03, 2013 04:49PM
T. Rex Trouble! (DC Super Friends Step into Reading) The Mighty Avengers (Marvel: The Avengers) The Courageous Captain America (Little Golden Book) The Mighty Thor (Marvel: Thor) Bizarro Day! (DC Super Friends)