Start by marking “Extraordinary Everyday Photography: Awaken Your Vision to Create Stunning Images Wherever You Are” as Want to Read:

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Get inspired to discover the beautiful images around you

Photographers are born travelers. They’ll go any distance to capture the right light, beautiful landscapes, wildlife, and people. But exotic locales aren’t necessary for interesting photographs. Wonderful images are hiding almost everywhere; you just need to know how to find them.

Extraordinary Everyday Photography
wi
Published August 21st 2012 by Amphoto Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Extraordinary Everyday Photography, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Extraordinary Everyday Photography

Steve
OK, it's a bit unusual to review a how-to type book in this community, but I thought that what the authors did was, dare I say, "extraordinary" (yup, nice title pun there) so it merited a review. I thought this book succeeded independently on three levels: (1) this is as attractive as any coffee table book you're going to find and - unlike most coffee table books, with homogeneous topics, this one contains something for everyone - it's visually stunning and impressive in range, and - by design - ...more
Crown Publishing Group
Get inspired to discover the beautiful images around you

Extraordinary Everyday Photography will help you search beyond the surface to find the unexpected wherever you are, be it a downtown street, a local park, or your
Kat
Sep 26, 2014 Kat rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: nobody
Shelves: photography
Nothing special at all. Okay to skim through but not worth purchasing. The photos are not spectacular and some are even ridiculous in their subject matter.
Jonah
A great book about creative photography based on the author/s experiences.
I personally like the featured creative photos on this book.
Luv
The ideas are not new. Read them in other photography books. The writing style is conversational, easy to understand. The book is targeted at newbies. The photos are not as impressive as other photography books I've read. May be it's the photography style of the authors that don't sit well with me. I don't like to see photographs of people showing only certain body parts without the face. eg. only hands and legs.
Vanessa
Short and sweet. I like it that it doesn't dwell on the technical aspects because that would've put me to sleep real soon, instead it focuses on composition, vision, and emotion. It offers technical guidance when appropriate too, which is great. But mainly it's a good source of inspiration for new perspectives. The pretty photos help illustrate each point the authors are making and help them stick.
Ana
Brenda Tharp and Jed Manwaring have written an easy to follow and beautifully illustrated how-to on photographing the world around us. You don't need to go on vacation to make photos. They are both fine photographers.
Jennifer Whitehurst
Great book about finding interesting subject matter, inspiration & most important opening your eyes to the everyday moments that people tend to overlook to achieve great images.

Julie Warren
This was OK, but nothing really groundbreaking for me. I'm not sure what I was expecting. That said, it is a good book to skim through.
Rebecca
A book you finish, and then start over again to make sure you have the information so you can give the ideas a try.
Josh
Some pretty pictures and great ideas. See especially page 42.
Colin Keeley
some nice ideas but nothing groundbreaking.
Gregg H Brown
Gregg H Brown is currently reading it
Nov 26, 2014
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
G
G marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Kristi
Kristi is currently reading it
Nov 20, 2014
Beth Syverson
Beth Syverson marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Rodrigo Sepúlveda
Rodrigo Sepúlveda is currently reading it
Nov 16, 2014
Michael Vereker
Michael Vereker marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Stephen L. Conger
Stephen L. Conger marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Ondra Vo
Ondra Vo marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Judith
Judith marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Igor Globa
Igor Globa marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Carlos
Carlos marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Brandon Brunswick
Brandon Brunswick marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Picture Perfect Practice: A Self-Training Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Taking World-Class Photographs (Voices That Matter)
  • The Photographer's Mind: Creative Thinking for Better Digital Photos
  • Vision & Voice: Refining Your Vision in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
  • Understanding Close-Up Photography: Creative Close Encounters with Or Without a Macro Lens
  • The Luminous Portrait: Capture the Beauty of Natural Light for Glowing, Flattering Photographs
  • Night Photography: Finding Your Way In The Dark
  • People Pictures: 30 Exercises for Creating Authentic Photographs
  • Light: Science and Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting
  • The Art of Photography: An Approach to Personal Expression
  • The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers
  • Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
  • Fine Art Wedding Photography: How to Capture Images with Style for the Modern Bride
  • Digital Photography Masterclass: Advanced Photographic and Image Manipulation Techniques for Creating Perfect Pictures
  • Speedliter's Handbook: Learning to Craft Light with Canon Speedlites
  • On-Camera Flash Techniques for Digital Wedding and Portrait Photography
Creative Nature and Outdoor Photography Creative Nature & Outdoor Photography, Revised Edition

“When we separate our artistic activity from daily life, we cut ourselves off from our most valuable creative resource. However, if we live life as an art form in itself, we have available to us all that we experience and see.” 0 likes