Start by marking “Shooters” as Want to Read:

Today's battlefield isn't just about the uniformed soldier in service to his country; there's also the contractor, who answers to the corporation. Call them mercenaries, soldiers-for-hire, or private military operators, they are a new breed of combatant in today's conflicts.

SHOOTERS is the story of Terry Glass, a warrior whose spirit and soul has been hardened in countless
Published April 24th 2012 by Vertigo

To ask other readers questions about Shooters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shooters

May 06, 2012 Christine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I LOVED EVERY PAGE OF THIS GRAPHIC NOVEL! This one had me engaged and I didn't want to put it down. I thought it did an excellent job portraying what a lot of service men and women experience-that calling to be a part of something bigger in an effort to enable the rest of America to follow their dreams. It also did a good job showing the difficulties of military family life, post-traumatic stress, and that fine line between being the good guy and being the bad guy.
Sep 25, 2012 Jay rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, graphic-novel
While this book portrayed a lot of pain for nearly everyone -- good guys, bad guys, people on the sidelines -- it also showed me a kind of life I have wondered about. I was born while my dad was in the army, but he never shipped to Vietnam so he never had to face this kind of combat. Knowing that (and that my grandfather was in the South Pacific in WW II) and reading a lot of WW I trench warfare recently, I wondered how the military life goes today. This feels very realistic, complementary to th ...more
Apr 07, 2013 Craig rated it liked it
Well-written. Good illustration.

Having a hard time writing much about this one as I liked it even while I saw problems with it. However, a couple of the reviews posted here really bothered me.

It was a good story of the war in Iraq from the boots on the ground in the beginning perspective. A good look at people who buy into the reasons for war and what happens to them personally and physically.

It isn't the deepest story I have ever read and I expect certain sacrifices have been made to the nar
Aug 25, 2016 Nathalia rated it it was amazing
Trautmann's preface prepares you for a very personal and difficult story to tell. PTSD, survivors guilt, and the irreparable ripple effect that modern warfare has on soldiers and their families. Brilliantly done.
Sarah Libby
Jan 24, 2014 Sarah Libby rated it really liked it
Very good, emotional. Reads like a movie sometimes. Artwork is great. :)
Feb 12, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
Fabulous artwork, which made me ignore the bits of cliche here. Pretty good writing and story, given that the author is not a vet, himself.
Not a topic that I'd usually pick up, but this graphic novel is illustrated by Portland's own Steven Lieber. He's done a great job, as always. It's a deeply felt story about soldiers, their families, and the cost of war.
Dec 30, 2013 SA rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2013
The only piece of fiction, in any medium, that I felt has come close to articulating the post-war contracting world for vets in the 21st century (when not written by a vet his/herself).
Feb 20, 2013 Adam rated it liked it
Shelves: comic
A lot better than I thought it was going to be. I figured it was a standard revenge plot, but it was smarter than that.
Dan Foster
Apr 28, 2013 Dan Foster rated it really liked it
As of this reading, the single best fictional presentation of the Iraq War. Don't waste time with "The Hurt Locker," read this.
Aug 07, 2012 Bjornv rated it it was ok
Really wanted to like this, but in the end, it's just a copy-and-paste job of Iraq-and-Afghanistan War cliches.
Marge Shaffer
Apr 24, 2012 Marge Shaffer is currently reading it
There are some language issues that may keep it out of schools. I need to finish to make my decision.
Cindi Dimichele
Mar 01, 2013 Cindi Dimichele rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I was a lucky winner of this book, which is on it's way in the mail!
Hilary Braley
Hilary Braley rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Variaciones Enrojo
Variaciones Enrojo marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
M.H. rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Art Trombley
Art Trombley rated it really liked it
May 30, 2016
Will Cooper
Will Cooper rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Mikebo added it
Jan 29, 2016
Michel marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Jordyn rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Joey Dhaumya
Joey Dhaumya marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Tansal marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Jane rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Andre rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2015
Sara rated it really liked it
May 23, 2015
Brian marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
David Skies
David Skies rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Eric Trautmann is a comic book writer, editor, and graphic designer.

For several years, Eric was a writer and editor for West End Games' acclaimed Star Wars roleplaying game line. After leaving dice-and-paper gaming behind, Eric then moved into videogames, an early recruit into Microsoft Game Studios' nascent entertainment licensing apparatus.

While at Microsoft, Eric wrote and edited in-game dialog
More about Eric Trautmann...