Start by marking “Kitchen Princess Omnibus, Vol. 1 (Kitchen Princess, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Kitchen Princess Omnibus, Vol. 1 (Kitchen Princess, #1-2)

Kitchen Princess Omnibus, Vol. 1 (Kitchen Princess #1-2)

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  350 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
COOKING UP SOME LOVE
Najika is a great cook and she likes ot make meals for the people she loves. But something is missing from her life. When she was a child, she met a boy who touched her heart – and now she’s determined to find him. The only clue Najika has is a silver spoon that leads her to the prestigious Seika Academy.

Attending Seika will be a challenge. Every kid
Paperback, Omnibus, 400 pages
Published June 5th 2012 by Kodansha Comics

To ask other readers questions about Kitchen Princess Omnibus, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitchen Princess Omnibus, Vol. 1

Nerdification
Sep 15, 2015 Nerdification rated it it was amazing
Rating: 5/5
Categorization: School Drama, Coming of Age, Cooking
Length: Vol. 1 & Vol. 2, (400 pages total)
Plans to Continue the Series: ABSOLUTELY

What this manga has to offer you:

Spunky upbeat female protagonist
Cooking!
Pastries
Cute boys who happen to be brothers
A search for a person from the past
Mean girl classmates
The seriousness of eating disorders
The importance of family
Sillyness
Funniness

If you are looking for an adorable manga, about an upbeat, optimistic, and considerate main character,
Rose
Apr 06, 2014 Rose rated it it was amazing
Shelves: want-to-own
THIS IS A REVIEW OF THE WHOLE SERIES.

OK I hardly ever get to do this anymore but I wanted to get my all and all out about this manga. If you wanna discuss, PLEASE DO! I love this manga first off and I'd reread it probably even if it wasn't too old. Esp. the first few volumes because there are lots of sidenotes about the art and what the writer likes to eat and cook. I didn't pay too much attention to the specials either. But I'm so glad I read vol. 10's special. It was so good and I'm glad for
Jan 27, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Wow, I really enjoyed this volume and am enjoying this manga series! <3 so good and love the characters and storyline, Najika is so cute and its awesome how she's really good at cooking and love sweet relationship between her and Daichi and Sora too <3 definitely recommend this series! : )
Andrey
Feb 18, 2014 Andrey rated it really liked it
Um......so......yeah......
No judging.
BUT.
This was awesome.
In a totally weird, manga, girly way.
And I loved every page XD

Now, pardon me while I got find the second omnibus.
Megan
Apr 23, 2015 Megan rated it it was amazing
Really adorable, classic shojo series--and the best part? Creative, usable recipes at the end of each manga! (I definitely plan on make a few of these!)
Morgan
Jun 11, 2014 Morgan rated it it was amazing
So cute and sweet! This volume leaves you feeling happy and like you might actually attempt Najika's recipes! I love this entire series.
B.B.
Dec 31, 2014 B.B. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely adorable! I love how it's centered around food. And how Najika is a nice, good main character. Daichi ftw! ^.^
Matt Gallant
Sep 06, 2015 Matt Gallant rated it it was amazing
I love cooking. This manga is full of cooking. What's not to love?
Happystar
Jan 18, 2015 Happystar rated it really liked it
This series is cute and makes me hungry. Read this if you are into cute characters and food. The art is fantastic.
Sadia Laisa
Jan 10, 2016 Sadia Laisa rated it it was amazing
this book was absolutely amazing! cant wait to read the next volume!!!
Meaghan Steeves
Jun 04, 2015 Meaghan Steeves rated it it was amazing
LOVE, can't wait until Volume 2 arrives!!!!
Abickel
Aug 20, 2015 Abickel rated it it was amazing
Very cute and bubbly story.
Brittany Chance
Jan 15, 2016 Brittany Chance rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
so cute!!
Pip
This book is so cute! Natsumi Ando, your art is wonderful! :D (I love the spine of this book for some reason... Thought I'd just let you know that.) The recipes in the back look gorgeous so I'm going to try and make them all during the summer hols! Can't wait for the next volume but I think I'm going to try and find the omnibus editions rather than the individual volumes.

Oh and this is my 80th manga volume (excluding graphic novels) YAY! AWKWARD MILESTONE! XD
Amanda
Sep 04, 2015 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Pamela
Sep 21, 2012 Pamela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
Such an optimistic book! I wish I can read books like these 24/7. I appreciate the authors' work. The dialogues are cool and the drawings, wow. Manga artists never receive enough credit. I'm sure it took a lot of hard work and time to make the manga look like this but it just took me a couple hours of my time to read it. Nevertheless, this is a gem. A gemstone to be kept forever inside my heart and brain.
Antoinette
Jan 19, 2014 Antoinette rated it it was amazing
Cute story........nice recipes too!
Laurie
Feb 13, 2014 Laurie rated it it was amazing
Completely cute, heartwarming, exciting storyline, loveable characters, amazing art! Despite the lighthearted feel, this dealt with tougher issues too. Also, there are adorable delicious recipe for the things made in the story by Najika (the Kitchen Princess)! Best manga ever, I have to read the next volume!
Britters224
Jul 19, 2013 Britters224 rated it it was amazing
I love the story. You feel the emotions of the characters and see the growth in them as individuals. It's just the right amount of comedy drama and slice of life. The art work is well done and the addition of recipes that actually make delicious treats gets you hooked. Enjoy fellow manga readers! ^_^
Beckiezra
Jun 26, 2013 Beckiezra rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
Nice art with some interesting stories, some surprisingly deep topics (like bullying and eating disorders) for such lighthearted art. I want to find out what happens next and if she ever finds her prince. :)
Holly Letson
This series is alot of fun. In some ways, it really reminds me of the *Yumeiro Patissiere* anime, which makes me wish KP had its' own anime as well.
Julie N
Dec 31, 2012 Julie N rated it it was amazing
IT WAS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karlai Tabimina
Karlai Tabimina rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2016
Ashlyn Ross
Ashlyn Ross rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Jamie Ghione
Jamie Ghione rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
dusty
dusty rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Tina99
Tina99 added it
Jan 20, 2016
joe kremer
joe kremer rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Federico Pretelli
Federico Pretelli marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
  • Gakuen Alice, Vol. 11 (Gakuen Alice, #11)
  • Seiyuu-ka! Vol 1
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 3
  • Sandland
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol. 12
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #4)
  • Paradise Kiss, Part 1
  • Skip Beat! (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 2: Includes vols. 4, 5 & 6
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 5
  • Otomen, Vol. 5 (Otomen, #5)
  • A Centaur's Life Vol. 1
安藤なつみ, Andō Natsumi is a Japanese manga artist. She is best known for Zodiac P.I. as well as Kitchen Princess, for which she won the Kodansha Manga Award for children's manga in 2006.

Favorites: Donald Duck
Favourite manga: Ossu! Ichijin and Kimagure Orange Road
Favourites: meats and fruits
Hobbies: shopping, reading and watching TV
More about Natsumi Ando...

Kitchen Princess (10 books)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 01 (Kitchen Princess, #1)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 02 (Kitchen Princess, #2)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 04 (Kitchen Princess, #4)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 05 (Kitchen Princess, #5)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 06 (Kitchen Princess, #6)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 07 (Kitchen Princess, #7)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess, #8)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 09 (Kitchen Princess, #9)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 10 (Kitchen Princess, #10)