Start by marking “Friends” as Want to Read:
Friends

Friends

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Bubble is a goldfish, who swims round and round unhappily in his tank. Cat is his friend and wishes he could show him the world. One day, Cat has an idea to set Bubble free. But is Bubble ready to swim off into the world and leave behind his friend?
Published June 7th 2012 by Andersen (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Friends

Meghan Hunt
Kapila
Only circumstance can make friendships unlikely; and circumstances always change. A lovely little book of friendship between a very intuitive and empathetic feline and the fish she calls "friend."
Whole And
A sweet and unlikely tale of what friendship offers. Simple but loved the message.
Stéphanie
Animal friendships always make me emotional.
Keris
Joe gives this one five stars.
Kelsey
Age: Preschool-Kindergarten
Animals: Cat, fish

An unlikely friendship between a cat and a goldfish. Cat feels sorry for the boring life of his friend, Bubble, and decides to take him around town in a water-filled bucket. Bubble is sad that he can't swim free with the other fishes but values his friendship more.

Crisp, blending watercolors of beautiful landscapes and animals.
Aprils
I enjoyed this book about a cat and a fish. I liked the simplicity of the story and the illustrations. I thought that the idea of two friends taking trips together and helping each other was nice. I liked the way there was only a little text on each page, so that I could easily read it at a storytime. I would read this story to children aged 2-8, especially kids who love cats.
Samantha
An unlikely friendship between a goldfish and a cat is at the center of this tale. Cat has a plan to free Bubble the goldfish. A small bucket becomes a portable tank and together the two explore the city. Illustrations invite readers back as there is much to see in multiple viewings. Good read aloud.
Carissa
lovely watercolor illustrations help tell the tale of two unlikely friends--a fish and a cat. The cat takes the fish out to see the big wide world in a small, clear bucket of water. This story is a testament to the power of friendship and is told with beautiful spare text that makes it an easy read-aloud.
Tracy
I love Micheal Foreman's illustrations. This book is about a cat and a goldfish friendship. The cat takes the goldfish in a bucket to see the world. I was thinking the whole time that the fish would get eaten, but that's not how this books ends.
Peacegal
A cat wishes to show his fish friend the grand world he sees every day, but the fish decides the cat's friendship is more important.

Humane-minded families probably won't like the depiction of a cat that roams daily all over the city.
Barbara
Who doesn't want a friend like cat? taking fish out to see the world safe and secure in a bucket of water. The playful art with fish and cat images will extend the story with silliness if you like to play that way.
Mary
I liked the idea of a cat helping his fish friend see the world. But something about the ending was unsatisfying to me. It felt like the author couldn't come up with anything better. But still, not a bad story.
Elisabeth
I am going to just take this book at face value and not submit to my Lit major urges of delving deeper in meaning. A nice story about a cat and fish friends. There. That's all I'll say. :)
Amy
There wasn't much of a story here actually - felt pretty unsatisfying to me. The illustrations were lovely.
Anna
Bright watercolor illustrations compliment this light tale of a friendship between a cat and a tank-bound goldfish.
Stephanie
Super cute book all around-- illustrations, cat and fish being friends, the beauty of friendship-- all great.
Paula
Bubble's friend,a cat, helps bubble see everything in the city
Edward Sullivan
A warm, charming story about two unlikely friends.
Brindi
cat and fish are the best of friends.
Rachel
Simple story about friendship.
Carly
review to come....
Qwendy
Qwendy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Sep 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Michael has worked on magazines, book jackets, animated films, TV adverts, and even for the police, sketching criminals described by witnesses. As well as illustrating many of his own books, Michael has illustrated over a hundred books for authors such as Shakespeare, J. M. Barrie, the Brothers Grimm, Charles Dickens and Oscar Wilde. Michael has travelled widely - to Africa, Japan, the Arctic Circ ...more
More about Michael Foreman...
The Littlest Dinosaur Fortunately, Unfortunately A Child's Garden: A Story of Hope Dinosaurs And All That Rubbish (Puffin Books) Oh! If Only . . .