Start by marking “Out of the Tombs, Exceedingly Fierce ” as Want to Read:
Out of the Tombs, Exceedingly Fierce

Out of the Tombs, Exceedingly Fierce (Layers of the Otherworld 0.1)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Ah, Scotland, an Art History student's wet dream. Gorgeous old castles, great booze, sexy locals with even sexier accents, and even a gory ghost story or two. Maxwell Lewis is here for two reasons: to get a few great photographs, and to forget about his boring commitment-obsessed ex, in that order. Knock Castle seems to have offered him opportunities for both -- all the ex ...more
Published December 3rd 2011 by Smashwords (first published October 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Tombs, Exceedingly Fierce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Tombs, Exceedingly Fierce

Irena
3.5
This story and Cruce de Caminos separately introduce the two main characters of Layers of the Otherworld series.
Out of the Tombs, Exceedingly Fierce introduces Cormac through the eyes of a Canadian tourist Maxwell, who is in Scotland taking pictures and trying to sort out his personal life. One night at the haunted ruins of the castle would help him decide what to do with his relationship. It is a great short story and even better start for a series. It isn't about Cormac, but you get an idea
Trix
It proved to be an interesting reading.

(view spoiler)
Gee
Maxwell's annoyingly young, but there's cranky Cormac from The Druid Stone so that makes up for it. The story itself is a good one if a little short, but it's also slice-of-life so I don't know how much more mileage really could have been gotten out of it.
Sophie Duncan
Jun 15, 2012 Sophie Duncan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Folks looking for a little light m/m titlation
This is a fun short story. I liked the atmosphere of the setting and the sexy boldness of the protagonist, Maxwell. It's a quick read, but I certainly got a feeling for Maxwell and his relationship problems at home :). It's not too deep, has some fun action, in both an exciting-spooky and a sensual sense.

All in all, good way to take up 20 mins.
Elizabetta
Whoa. We meet Cormac here for the first time in all his aggressive, dominant, sexy glory.

Marshall, a tourist looking for great photo ops meets up with Cormac, Druid sorcerer, in the ruins of haunted Knock Castle, Scotland. Night falls and evil sets chase. This free quickie is packed with action, horror, sharp, hot sex and wonderful language and imagery.

"The moonlight made his skin and hair glow gold, like he was some kind of god, ancient and beautiful..."

“I’d make you open my fly with your teet
Serena
Maxwell encounters redcaps and Cormac in Ireland. A art trip that is kind of cute and remiss because of Max's ex Nick, makes one wonder who Cormac lost and what else he's fought of the monsters and supernatural.
Clodia Metelli
An enjoyable short story, rather lighter and less polished than others I've read by these authors maybe. Obviously a snippet from a larger universe that raised interesting questions about the supernatural and then distracted us with sex from pondering the answers!
Don Bradshaw
A short, sexy introduction to the swarthy Cormac. He's got some attitude that counters Maxwell's free spirited exuberance. We see that both men are hurting and in need of someone who understands them.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Disappointing. I couldn't stand the main character, which is good because he has sex with Cormac and Cormac is destined for another.
G.B. Gordon
Not as perfectly crafted or significant as Harm Reduction, which really blew me away. But I still liked it well enough.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Nice short addition to the series.
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Maryam
Maryam marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Zam
Zam marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Scarlett
Scarlett marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Desinka
Desinka marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Tammy
Tammy added it
Nov 16, 2013
Britt
Britt added it
Nov 12, 2013
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Toni Whitmire
Toni Whitmire marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
S.
S. marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2013
Nathaniel
Nathaniel marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Heidi Belleau was born and raised in small town NB, Canada. She now lives in the rugged oil-patch frontier of Northern BC with her husband, an Irish ex-pat whose long work hours in the trades leave her plenty of quiet time to write. She has a degree in History from Simon Fraser University with a concentration in British and Irish studies; much of her work centred on popular culture, oral folklore, ...more
More about Heidi Belleau...

Layers of the Otherworld (1 books)
  • The Druid Stone (Layers of the Otherworld, #1)
#First Impressions #Second Chances The Druid Stone (Layers of the Otherworld, #1) Giving an Inch (The Professor's Rule, #1) Straight Shooter (Rear Entrance Video, #3) An Inch at a Time (The Professor's Rule #2)