Funny Food: 365 Fun, Healthy, Silly, Creative Breakfasts

Funny Food: 365 Fun, Healthy, Silly, Creative Breakfasts

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  7 reviews
They’re easy. They’re silly. They’re healthy. They’re clever. They’re artistic. They’re delicious. They’re fun. They’re a great way to start the day. One breakfast at a time, Bill and Claire Wurtzel are determined to make you laugh and eat and play and laugh some more. Riffing over the years with oatmeal, eggs, apples, and nuts, it is finally ours to share…Funny Food!

Not...more
Published March 27th 2012 by Welcome Books

To ask other readers questions about Funny Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Funny Food

Michelle
I saw this while perusing the kid's nonfic. I listed it under "graphic novel" because it is really more like a picture book than a cookbook. The pictures are really cute and are a great examples of how one can be creative in the kitchen. I think my favorite is the lady made of apple on an apple raft 'floating' in yogurt. The dishes are simple and no weird kitchen equipment is required.
Leihsia
Photos of food cleverly fashioned and shaped into animals, people, etc. Not too difficult, encourages the imagination and spontaneity, making use of the ingredients on hand, not just following instructions. Adorable! Plan to give this book as a gift to my sister, who has 3 very young children.
Kodie
This book may encourage the children to play with their food but they might me more open about eating something healthy if it is what they need to make that certain smiley face.
The illustrations are amazing! They are creative and silly. Making food into art.
You could use this book in the classroom by having the students make their own silly faces or animals out of dried fruits supplied by the teacher. Dried fruits like apples, mango, and cranberries. Very fun and creative.
Jackie
Funny Food goes beyond even what Fun with Food imagines. The creativity is inspiring and the photos are plentiful. My family will have endless fun with this book! My only issue is that there isn't much instruction on how to create your own masterpiece but I guess it's up to the individual and mimicking the photos. I hope there will be a sequel with veggies soon.
Vivian
Food as Art! If I were rolling in dough (ha ha, pun intended), I would buy a case of this book and give them away as gifts-- wedding, shower, Christmas, birthday. (See more doing a google image search with this phrase: "funny food bill wurtzel").

My teenage daughter thought it was just creepy.
Craig
An easy "read"; quick to leaf through the pictures of the food.
they are a bit simple and repetitive; but fun.
Margaret
Cute book! It gave me a lot of ideas for when my picky eater granddaughter comes to visit.
Ttran
Ttran marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Bobbie
Bobbie marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
Elle
Elle added it
Oct 04, 2013
Breanna Meier clemons
Breanna Meier clemons marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Meghan ☾
Meghan ☾ marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Kelle
Kelle added it
Aug 07, 2013
Noelle Thurlow
Noelle Thurlow is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2013
Grace Ciesla
Grace Ciesla marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Karin
Karin added it
Feb 06, 2013
Heather Smith
Heather Smith marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013
Jennifer Groot
Jennifer Groot marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2012
Bart Everson
Bart Everson marked it as to-read
May 18, 2012
Tessa
Tessa marked it as to-read
May 05, 2012