Start by marking “The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook: Cookies, Cakes, Candies, and More” as Want to Read:
The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook: Cookies, Cakes, Candies, and More

The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook: Cookies, Cakes, Candies, and More

Food blogger Lindsay Landis has invented the perfect cookie dough. It tastes great. It’s egg free (and thus safe to eat raw). You can whip it up in minutes. And, best of all, you can use it to make dozens of delicious cookie dough creations, from cakes, custards, and pies to candies, brownies, and even granola bars. Included are recipes for indulgent breakfasts (cookie ...more
Published June 5th 2012 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook

Jennifer Rayment
Jun 03, 2012 Jennifer Rayment rated it it was amazing
The Good Stuff
•The spiral binding of this is outstanding and oh so practical. Easy to lay open and flat so that you can easily consult your recipe without damaging or getting cookie dough all over the book (Quirk has the most practical cookbooks)
•As usual the wife likes to comment on the index and this one she says is very well detailed and organized -- a virtual librarians dream (chocolate & organized stuff)
•Recipes are easy to follow and use ingredients that are readily available
•The sh
Dec 27, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I love this book. It's a definite must for anyone who loves to eat cookie dough and has the voice in the back of his or her head saying, "You might get salmonella!" No salmonella found in these egg-free recipes! I've already made quite a few recipes, and all of them are great.
Marianthi
Nov 13, 2014 Marianthi rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking
It made me crave fruit by the time I finished reading through it just to offset the amount of sugar I absorbed through the pages. Definitely for the extreme lover of cookie dough.
Kathi-Ann Busha
Jan 26, 2013 Kathi-Ann Busha rated it liked it
Shelves: cook-books
Review originally posted over here at my blog.
I love cooking, I love baking. I also love cookbooks. I don’t necessarily cook anything in the cookbooks, but I do love them. I like to read them before bed. I’ll read them in a long bath (not that I get many of them). I take them to the doctor with me. I love to look at them at the book store. I prefer the ones with pictures (I’m a lot like my nine year old that way) because it makes the food come to life. I also read them. Not just skim them, but r
Lilac Wolf
Jul 31, 2012 Lilac Wolf rated it it was amazing
From Lilac Wolf and Stuff

This is me. I probably eat about 2 cookies worth of dough before it's all said and done. And then I don't want the cookies. lol So when Quirk sent me this cookbook, I was over the moon!

So you know I got busy...well once I remembered to pick up the stuff. I didn't want just chocolate chips, I wanted something that was just for me. I bought toffee bits and mini chocolate chips (these are what Lindsay recommends for the chocolate chip cookie dough). At the beginning of the
Sylvia
Dec 19, 2012 Sylvia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-cookbooks
If you're thinking that her name is familiar, it's probably because Lindsay is the blogger of Love and Olive Oil. She's come up with the perfect, egg-free cookie dough that tastes great and is easy to make. We were scratching our heads and wondering how a whole cookbook could possibly feature cookie dough, we were pleasantly surprised. The book features treats such as Cooke Dough Crème Brûlée, Cookie Dough Whoope Pies, Malted Cookie Dough Milkshakes, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream, ...more
Figlet
Jul 24, 2013 Figlet rated it really liked it
I've never reviewed a cookbook here before, and I'm totally not sure of the criteria and all that so I'm winging it.

What I enjoyed: The spiral binding; the quirkiness of the recipes; the concise instructions; and the beautiful photos of each item.

What I found lacking: I would have loved more recipes.

Why I'm holding back one star: I haven't made or eaten anything but the basic cookie dough. After I get up enough courage to make the Brown Sugar Cookie Dough-Layer Cake, I'll come back and add th
Erin Price
Sep 04, 2012 Erin Price rated it really liked it
I didn't actually get to make any of these recipes before I had to return the book to the library, but I can't wait to try adding the cookie dough to our ice cream and making the cookie dough truffles. The recipes seemed detailed and easy to follow, with tips in the sidebar for how to find rare ingredients or substitute for special equipment. Photos are plentiful and make every recipe look decadently delicious. I could have done without the breakfast section, though.
Leigh
Dec 10, 2012 Leigh rated it liked it
Basically, egg free cookie dough intergrated into various dessert recipes. The wire binding is perfect for a cookbook. The clear photographs, simple directions and colorful, easy to read type make this book fun to peruse. Honestly, though, I don't know if I'd actually make anything in this book, just reading it made my waist expand and my blood sugar soar. I love the books design though, definitely reader and kitchen friendly!
Anne Fabing
May 20, 2013 Anne Fabing rated it really liked it
This book has some awesome recipes. The cookie dough recipes are egg free so they are safe to eat. Cookie dough truffles, cookie dough suffed dark chocolate cupcakes with cookie dough frosting, cookie dough ice cream, cookie dough rice krispy treats and cookie dough smores are definite recipe keepers. Every recipe includes a picture.
Aymee
Dec 05, 2014 Aymee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Found this on special via Amazon's Daily Deals. Glad I picked it up - best $2.99 I've spent in a while. Lots of recipes that fall anywhere between very easy to mildly involved, nothing too overly difficult and everything looks delicious. And I bought it just in time for Christmas baking season.
Audrey Bryce
Sep 28, 2012 Audrey Bryce rated it it was amazing
This book is a must for anyone who likes cookie dough! The recipes are amazing, you will have trouble picking which ones to do first. They are clearly marked and easy to follow recipes which picture aids for some of the recipes. This is definately one I would go to time and time again when I have friends coming over.
Christie
Feb 08, 2013 Christie rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I have mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand, the brownies are one of the best things we have ever eaten. Seriously. They made me want to sing. On the other hand, I will never, ever make cookie dough marshmallows. The basic recipe is a good one though, and I am not sorry to have this on my bookshelf. Just know that there really are some limits to the use of cookie dough. At least imho.
Chris Mclean
Dec 30, 2013 Chris Mclean rated it liked it
Bought this for my son's girlfriend - but had to read it prior to giving it to her :) Great idea - make cookie dough without the eggs so it is safe to eat, then create recipes to use it in (not cookies, though, as it's not meant to be baked).
Rachel
Dec 06, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I love cookie dough, I love cookbooks, and I really enjoyed this cookbook. There is a wide variety of recipes (unbaked, cakes, cookies, squares, fudge, etc.). If you love cookie dough (and who doesn't?), you will enjoy this book.
Jen
Apr 30, 2015 Jen rated it liked it
After borrowing repeatedly from the library, there is now a copy sitting happily on my cook-bookshelf; purchased for me by the person most likely to benefit by its presence there.
Valerie
Jan 16, 2013 Valerie rated it it was amazing
This has so many yummy looking recipes, I am considering buying this book. Checking it out of the library is just not enough!!!
Sandie
Oct 10, 2012 Sandie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
The cookie dough truffles are worth the book alone. If you love cookie dough then you will LOVE this book. The oatmeal raisin granola bars were fantastic!!!!
Darcy
Sep 28, 2013 Darcy rated it liked it
I loved how this cookbook contained more that cookie recipes, that it used cookie dough to make other things. I found some recipes that will soon be making an appearance at my house.
Cait
Oct 25, 2012 Cait rated it it was amazing
I have no regrets about putting cookbooks on here because I feel like people need to know which ones are amazing

HINT IT'S THIS ONE.
Beka
Mar 16, 2015 Beka rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Can someone please make me EVERY. SINGLE. THING. from this cookbook?! Everything looks delicious, decadent, and super fun.
Jovita Salinas
Jovita Salinas rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2012
Mishelle
Mishelle rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Bianca Camille
Bianca Camille rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2015
Marg
Marg rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2016
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2013
Frosty Roe
Frosty Roe rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2016
Phuong Linh
Phuong Linh rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
dyshania augustine tucker
dyshania augustine tucker rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Booze Cakes: Confections Spiked with Spirits, Wine, and Beer
  • Martha Stewart's Cakes: Our First-Ever Book of Bundts, Loaves, Layers, Coffee Cakes, and more
  • Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: Lose Weight with 433 Foods You Crave!
  • SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist
  • The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook: Sweetness in Seattle
  • Comfort Food Fix: Feel-Good Favorites Made Healthy
  • Pie It Forward: Pies, Tarts, Tortes, Galettes, and Other Pastries Reinvented
  • One Bowl Baking: Simple, From Scratch Recipes for Delicious Desserts
  • Marshmallow Madness!: Dozens of Puffalicious Recipes
  • One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
  • The Model Bakery Cookbook: 75 Favorite Recipes from the Beloved Napa Valley Bakery
  • Seasonal Fruit Desserts: From Orchard, Farm, and Market
  • People's Pops: 55 Recipes for Ice Pops, Shave Ice, and Boozy Pops from Brooklyn's Coolest Pop Shop
  • The Mom 100 Cookbook: 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket
  • Serve Yourself: Nightly Adventures in Cooking for One
  • Debbie Macomber's Christmas Cookbook: Favorite Recipes and Holiday Traditions from My Home to Yours
  • Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook: 200 New MUFA Recipes
  • Eating for Beginners: An Education in the Pleasures of Food from Chefs, Farmers, and One Picky Kid