Magenta Shaman Stones The Crow

Magenta Shaman Stones The Crow

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Natural born shaman, Magenta Sweeney is torn from the comfort of England's green coast and sent on a terrifying trance journey by the very guides and guardians that claim to protect her. This time she must do as she is told. This time – she has no choice.

In Magenta Shaman Stones The Crow Maggie finds herself eight hundred miles from home, wandering the Bohemian forests of...more
Published (first published November 14th 2011)

Veronica Marie Lewis-Shaw
Lily Childs’ second book - in what one hopes will be a continuing series - featuring earth shaman Magenta Sweeney, is, if possible, even more breathtaking and compelling than her first novella, MAGENTA SHAMAN.

MAGENTA SHAMAN STONES THE CROW takes Magenta (Maggie) from her safe haven on the English coast with her husband Tom, to the dark forests of the Czech Republic, to an ancient castle where her father is prisoner.

In a style reminiscent of horror master Clive Barker, Lily weaves a dark tale fil...more
Helen Baggott
I’ve been tardy in meeting Magenta Stone. Lily Child's creation, a ‘natural born shaman’ already has a cult following. I may be at the back of that pack, but I am now a fully paid up fan.

Magenta Shaman Stones The Crow is part of a developing series, but dipping into this particular episode I found a complete story, albeit one that has a past and a future.

The characters in Stones The Crow are well-established from Lily’s previous work. And yet I was still able to have my own relationship with the...more
Kay Robinson
As a fantasy short story this works well. Whether I could manage a full length novel based on these first two tales I don't know. The author describes herself as a horror and chiller writer and there's no doubt that the monster in this book would, if shown on screen, be firmly classed as horror, sadly the horror didn't come across in this tale. The fantasy realm that this appears to be set in really needs to be built, its rules and boundaries laid out. Reading the first of these two 'Magenta' se...more
Kirsty
Kirsty marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
Steven Chapman
Steven Chapman marked it as to-read
May 20, 2012
Author of the Magenta Shaman dark urban fantasy series - including MAGENTA SHAMAN, and MAGENTA SHAMAN STONES THE CROW. These short novellas are both available on Amazon as Kindle downloads. Also COURTING DEMONS - A COLLECTION OF DARK VERSE.

Writer of multiple short horror and dark fiction stories, many of which have been collected into CABARET OF DREAD: A HORROR COMPENDIUM. VOL.1 [Ganglion Press]

Co...more
More about Lily Childs...
Magenta Shaman Cabaret of Dread; a Horror Compendium (Vol.1) Courting Demons - A Collection of Dark Verse February Femmes Fatales Cabaret of Dread: a Horror Compendium: 1