Archie Meets KISS: Collector's Edition

Archie Meets KISS: Collector's Edition

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  10 reviews
ZOMBIES IN RIVERDALE!

The biggest comic book crossover in history, in one essential volume!

Two of the most iconic groups in pop culture meet for the first time as the rock-fueled demons of KISS crash-land in Riverdale, home to America’s favorite teenager, Archie Andrews!

When one of Sabrina the Teenage Witch’s spells goes awry and summons forth a gang of dangerous monster...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Archie Comics

Jacob
Public library copy. Sorry, I'm not a Kiss fan, but I wanted to give this title a try before my kids devoured the book as they read everything and anything Archie. I was pleased that the writer brought in Josie and Sabrina, but their inclusion didn't make the story better or more fresh and surprising. I don't think other parents need be concerned that the story will be scary for younger readers. Production-wise the art is decent with a sketchbook at the end. I was pleasantly surprised to find Fr...more
Jessica
Let's face it: The fact that this even exists is delightful enough. Sadly they didn't come up with much a of a plot to go with this hilarious premse. Beyond, y'know, revealing that KISS are actually a group of supernatural crime-fighters from another dimension. S'true. Jughead kept sassing KISS, and I waited for Gene Simmons to vomit blood on him in retaliation, but it was not to be. Sigh.
paula
You drive us wild, we'll drive you CRAHAYZAY.
Leah Madsen
This was just horrible. I used to love Archie, I read everything, but today's comics are just missing their soul. The stories are just awful and paint the crew as unlovable. The storyline was horrible; just awful. And Archie and the gang are all doing witchcraft? When did that happen? I thought it would be cool having Kiss in it, I love Kiss. I thought that they would do a battle of the bands or something; but monster hunters? Really? Who thought that would be a good idea, because it wasn't one....more
Allison
I think I had to give this 3 stars (good) for the shear ballsy ridiculousness of it. Archie and Kiss and Sabrina the Teenage Witch and let's not forget her cat Salem. Monsters invade invade Riverdale and it is up to the supernatural inter-dimensional KISS to save the day with their Rock 'n' Roll. Weird.
Gifty
i sometimes feel like the crew at archie comics are trying too hard to stay current. and this is the result. and the glee crossover. but both of them were okay.
Emmaj
Archie comics are so cute! Archie and friends need to same Riverdale from monsters intent on sucking the fun out of life. Kiss combats them with their rockin' music. The worst thing that can happen is we turn into mindless zombies who spend all their time on their electronic devices.
Bill
Do you really want to read this? OK, maybe you'll get a chuckle or two, but you'll find more laughs in a bowl of Rice Krispes.
Jeremy
It had to happen! Or, it didn't. Not as good as Archie Meets the Punisher.
Beth
Full of WTF, but there are some great one-liners.
Jane Waller
Jane Waller marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Jose Escobar
Jose Escobar marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Kitty
Kitty added it
Jan 27, 2014
Alvona
Alvona marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Juliannita Grace Gárate
Juliannita Grace Gárate marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Alex Segura is a novelist, comic book writer and musician. His first crime novel, Silent City, is out now from Codorus Press. He wrote the bestselling ARCHIE MEETS KISS series, among other stories, for Archie Comics. Alex also performs regularly in New York as part of the indie rock group Faulkner Detectives. He lives in New York with his wife and two cats. He is a Miami native.
More about Alex Segura...
Silent City Archie #639 Archie Meets Kiss Part 1 (Archie #627) Archie and Friends #156 Archie #635