Start by marking “The Girl's Still Got It: Take a Walk with Ruth and the God Who Rocked Her World” as Want to Read:
The Girl's Still Got It: Take a Walk with Ruth and the God Who Rocked Her World

The Girl's Still Got It: Take a Walk with Ruth and the God Who Rocked Her World

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  525 ratings  ·  100 reviews
You know Ruth's story. Now meet her in person. And prepare to be changed.

Walk with Ruth as she travels from Moab to Bethlehem, certain of her calling, yet uncertain of her future. Hold Naomi's hand and watch love put the pieces of her broken life back together. And hang out with Boaz, their kinsman-redeemer, who blesses both women and honors God, big time.

With best-sellin
Published July 10th 2012 by WaterBrook Press

To ask other readers questions about The Girl's Still Got It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl's Still Got It

Gail Welborn
***As only this dynamic, humorous bible teacher, Lis Curtis Hughes can...***

Delightful writer, Bible teacher and witty conference speaker Liz Higgs, takes readers on a “high-spirited walk through the book of Ruth,” in her new release, “The Girl’s Still Got It.” There readers find Naomi and her widowed daughter-in-law, Ruth in a “rags to riches redemption story.” Liz mischievously calls the pair, “leading ladies of the Old Testament” in her first nonfiction work in five years. The devotional focu
Kate
Have you every wondered how you "fit" within the stories of the bible?

Dive in and spend some quality time learning about God's steadfast love and why women are valued in his eyes. Study the Book of Ruth in depth in a way that has not been researched or documented. Easy to read format to digest verses and explanations that can be read in short reading times or in larger chunks. Each chapter in Ruth is broken up into segments that expertly blend ancient times with modern stories. Also has an exte
christianchicklit
You Just Can’t Find A Better Study On Ruth!!

I always thought the story of Naomi, Ruth and Boaz was a sweet story in the Bible, but Liz Curtis Higgs tells the story like you’ve never heard it before!!! Her writing is fabulous and will have you on the edge of your seat waiting to hear what happens next! This story rivals the best of the murder mysteries as a real page turner.

While Liz unfolds the story of Ruth, you will get glimpses into the history, the culture, the geography, the laws and the c
Christie Hagerman
(The review of this book I posted on my blog is full of links to resources, including a video trailer and a link to read the first chapter free. The following is a summary of that review.)

It's hard to determine exactly how to classify this book. It presents like a Bible study or daily devotional, with verse-by-verse commentary. In-depth background information about Ruth and Naomi's respective cultures, the traditions and norms of that day, the political and natural environment, and many other ti
Patricia
The Girl’s Still Got It by Liz Curtis Higgs

This well researched verse by verse study of the book of Ruth is a refreshing new look at the story. The story is well-known and often quoted and because it is so familiar we may think there is nothing new we can learn from it. In her down to earth style Higgs takes this ancient story and with insight and vision gives today’s reader not only a look at life then but gives her a contemporary understanding of it.

In this study we learn that there is more to
Author Groupie
Never in a million years would I have thought an in-depth line by line study of a book of the Bible would be so intriguing, suspenseful, romantic, and inspiring. Yet, Liz Curtis Higgs' manages this feat and then some in her work of nonfiction, The Girl's Still Got It. I looked forward to dental appointments with glee, dance classes with anticipation, and children's bedtimes with relief so that I could steal some time alone with this work of writing. Having read the book of Ruth before, this time ...more
Stephanie
This is a great book about the story and life of Ruth in the Bible. I chose this book because I thought that it was a historical fiction. It turned out that the book was more historical than fiction. However, that fact turned out not to be a bad thing.

I knew a lot about the book of Ruth previously, but Mrs.Higgs brought out lots of points that I had never learned, or at least needed to be reminded about.

One of the most striking points that she makes in this book was the initiation of Ruth's "ma
Liz did an amazing job explaining the book of Ruth in an engaging way. She gives us more background information and described their emotions and circumstances accurately. Although I read Ruth many times since it's one of my favorite books in the Bible, I was very enlightened by her explanations. I feel like I learned more of why Ruth is truly a woman of faith and how I could imitate her obedience and trust in God. I enjoyed the "Ruth in Real Life" sections in the end of his chapter, telling us h ...more
Annie
AMAZING!!!!
A couple years ago I heard Liz Curtis Higgs speak at a California Christian retreat. She was amazing, a rare combination of hysterically funny, deep and a Biblically sound teacher. I had trouble finding any of her non-fiction books at bookstores and I didn't want to order any. I was finally able to make a trip to a Christian bookstore where I found this book and snatched it up.
Ruth is one of my favorite books in the Bible to study, it seems so simple yet is so profound. Higgs does a
Louann
Jun 01, 2014 Louann rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All women
I loved this book!

I first read this last summer as a 'novel' then I facilated a women's Bible study in my home and I thought a book about a woman in the Bible would be a great place to begin. There were 12 women who signed up and we all loved the book, the ease of the 'homework' and of coarse the DVD teaching by Liz Curtis Higgs. We finished this book the first week of May 2014.

Side note .. I just returned from a trip to Scotland and guess who the hostess was? None other than Liz Curtis Higgs he
Stacey
Awesome! Loved the way Ms. Higgs puts you in the picture and makes you feel as if you are truly witnessing everything.
Crystal
Good book, first of all. As a line-by-line study of the Book of Ruth, this book works. I appreciate Higgs' approach and her layman's perspective and explanations. I found the conjectures, that made the book read more like a novel, distracting and, overall, take away from the serious study that this work really could have been. In addition, the secondary conjectures were geared directly towards women by pronoun and noun; did no one consider that men might wish to read this book and find such limi ...more
Dawn
In this book, Liz Curtis Higgs takes the reader on a trip to Bethlehem during the time of the judges. There's a bitter woman, Naomi, her young widowed daughter-in-law, Ruth, and the owner of the field, Boaz, that take center stage is this study of the book of Ruth. A verse by verse breakdown, the reader is immersed into a story unlike others in the Bible. And what can a modern woman learn from this book? Quite a lot!

The book of Ruth has long been my favorite. And Liz Curtis Higgs is one of my fa
Lily
* Paperback: 240 pages
* Publisher: WaterBrook Press (July 10, 2012)
* ISBN-10: 1578564484
* Author: Liz Curtis Higgs
* Cover Art: Love it!
* Overall rating: ***** out of 5
* Obtained: My personal bookshelf.

The Girls still got it by Liz Curtis Higgs

Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

You know Ruth's story. Now meet her in person. And prepare to be changed.

Audrey Grant
A very unique book! I have never read one written like this before. It is part story, part lesson plan, devotional...it is very interesting how she takes each PART of every verse and breaks it down. That part was easy for me to follow because that is the way my Dad preaches most of the time, verse by verse, breaking each one down into parts to explain it.
I loved the history, the laughter, the realness of the book.
I did get lost in the usage of so many Bible "translations". Often it felt like it
Mariah
Although I have read practically all of Liz's fictional books, this is the first of her nonfiction books that I've read. I must say that I very much enjoyed reading this book about Ruth. The author's enthusiasm for the subject is contagious. :) I love the way that she discusses a biblical topic, and adds her sense of humor to the story. The author breaks down the book of Ruth line by line. She explains the meaning of each line, discuss the additional meaning in the original text, and makes refer ...more
Crown Publishing Group
You know Ruth’s story. Now meet her in person. And prepare to be changed.

Walk with Ruth as she travels from Moab to Bethlehem, certain of her calling, yet uncertain of her future. Hold Naomi’s hand and watch love put the pieces of her broken life back together. And hang out with Boaz, their kinsman-redeemer, who blesses both women and honors God, big time.

With best-selling author Liz Curtis Higgs by your side, you’ll tarry in the corners of their ancient houses, listen to their conversations, a
Loraine Alcorn
I was able to Read The Girl's Still Got It: Take a Walk with Ruth and the God Who Rocked Her World by Liz Curtis Higgs, through Blogging for books and I just loved it.

I have read many Books by Liz and I love them all. The book was more of a bible study than a historical christian fiction story.

Liz takes us on a journey through time as we follow Ruth and Naomi through all there hardships and Joys. Liz Curtis Higgs as the unique ability to really get us all into the story as few story tellers ca
Devan Monet
Must Read

As a divorced single mom I wish I would have read this book sooner. Would have saved me some time almost picking the wrong man twice. But God is so amazing and good. He truly is our redeemer. This read is an essential, what a game changer for me.
Deonnah Davis
This has been my second favorite book that I have read this summer!! Jesus Feminist and The Girl's Still Got It have been such inspirational reads. Ugh. The way Higgs broke down the book of Ruth is absolutely amazing. She gave me historical background mixed in with today correlations. I can't wait to read something else by her!! I recommend this to anyone.
Ashley
This was the first time I'd read this author. She reminds me of Beth Moore, but maybe because I've never heard her speak I had a harder time connecting with her and her writing style. A little too hokey and chick lit for me.
That said I did enjoy the book. I loved how she structured the story. She quotes the book of Ruth from many different versions and creates a narrative/summary in her own words. It was almost like reading a Christian novel based on the Bible, al la Francine Rivers. It made a
Jayne Flaagan
I loved this book. It had a great combination of bible history, story-telling and even some humor. It was a very enjoyable book to read and I learned alot from it also. I am definitely going to read more of this author's books!
Dundee Library
“Where you go I’ll go. Where you stay I’ll stay. Your people will be my people. Your God will be my God.” Ruth 1:16

A great devotional or Bible study on the lives of Ruth, Naomi, and Boaz from the book of Ruth. Higgs takes readers verse by verse and explains historical information, word definitions, and insights into the story of the Moabite woman who becomes part of the lineage of King David and Jesus. The story of Ruth starts out bleak, but by the end, it is very encouraging and reminds readers
Audrey
"Where you go I’ll go. Where you stay I’ll stay. Your people will be my people. Your God will be my God." Ruth 1:16

Tia Bach
I love how the author broke down the scripture and added not only her personal reflections but relatable examples. Also loved the author's wittiness and ability to speak in a way that felt like home.
Kristin
One of my favorite authors. Mrs. Higgs does a beautiful job of breaking down a story into small segments then helping the reader to appreciate all the context behind each small piece. She weaves in commentary and interpretations from various sources to help us understand the geography, cultural expectations and meaning behind terms and phrases. She does it all with a conversational tone, moving us swiftly and making us eager for more. The Girl's Still Got It was no exception. I had wanted to pac ...more
Gabrielle W.
Having enjoyed other books by Liz Curtis Higgs, I was excited to give this book a try.
From the moment I picked the book up I was in aw!
Not only does Liz break down the bible verses, explaining was they mean, but she gives such a great look at the culture of that time! I felt like I was reading a history book at times, amazing!

You can read my complete review on my website: http://twinoaksstable.blogspot.com/20...

I received this book free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group, in exchange fo
Cindy Z
Always humbled when I realize how little I know about so many of the things I read in the Bible. Liz Curtis Higgs brought the Book of Ruth to life for me and taught me so much. Can't wait to read her other books!
Lynchck521
I love all of her books. She makes them so applicable to my life and breaks down verse by verse! Definitely recommend them all!!
Jan
When I started this book by the fine serious Biblical researcher I thought it would be great. Our small group used it with the DVD and the further we got into the book and study the less we liked it. Way too much conjuncture on Ruth's mental and romantic state. Almost like women's gossip. The Bible was there and the details which enriched your appreciation of gleaning, being an outsider, old laws. I only liked it a little and found it too be too emotional. Liz Curtis Higgs has written many fine ...more
  • A Perfect Mess: Why You Don't Have to Worry About Being Good Enough for God
  • It's No Secret: Revealing Divine Truths Every Woman Should Know
  • Nehemiah Member Book: A Heart That Can Break
  • Stuck Study Guide
  • Wonderstruck: Awaken to the Nearness of God
  • Your Beautiful Purpose: Discovering and Enjoying What God Can Do Through You
  • Sarai (Wives of the Patriarchs, # 1)
  • Let. It. Go.: How to Stop Running the Show and Start Walking in Faith
  • Undaunted: Daring to Do What God Calls You to Do
  • Be Still My Soul (The Cadence of Grace, #1)
  • The Gospel of Ruth: Loving God Enough to Break the Rules
  • Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted - Member Book
  • The Bride Wore Blue (The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, #3)
  • Where Lilacs Still Bloom
  • Lessons I Learned in the Dark
  • A Light in the Window: An Irish Christmas Love Story
  • Get Lost: Your Guide to Finding True Love
  • A Woman's Guide to Reading the Bible in a Year: A Life-Changing Journey Into the Heart of God
Former Bad Girl, grateful for the grace God offers. Happy wife of Bill, one of the Good Guys. Proud mom of two grown-up kids with tender hearts. Lame housekeeper. Marginal cook. Pitiful gardener. Stuff I love? Encouraging my sisters in Christ—across the page, from the platform, online, in person. Unpacking Scripture. Traveling wherever God leads. Listening to his heart. Leaning into his embrace.
More about Liz Curtis Higgs...
Bad Girls of the Bible: And What We Can Learn from Them Thorn in My Heart (Lowlands of Scotland, #1) Whence Came a Prince (Lowlands of Scotland, #3) Fair Is the Rose (Lowlands of Scotland, #2) Grace in Thine Eyes (Lowlands of Scotland, #4)

“Hard times are purposeful, meant to refine and redirect us. They're not arbitrary or random, and they're definitely not cruel.” 0 likes
“While we’re obsessed with here and now, God is focused on forever.” 0 likes