Start by marking “Scarlet and the Keepers of Light (Scarlet Hopewell #1)” as Want to Read:
read ebook* *Different edition

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Perhaps it's the fact that her puppy has grown to be twice the size of a normal German Shepherd and has started talking. Perhaps it's that mysterious evil figures are searching everywhere for her and her family, intent on ending her life. Or perhaps it's the fact that Scarlet Hopewell has just learned that she is one half of a prophecy that will decide the fate of two worl ...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Brandon West

Win a Copy of This Book

• Scarlet and the Keepers of Light by Brandon Charles West
    Release date: Mar 17, 2015
    Win paperback copies of both Keepers of Light and Dragon’s Burden plus a bonus gift!

“Win

"So satisfying that it should be devoured slowly, lest the pleasur…more
    Giveaway dates: Jan 28 - Mar 17, 2015
    1 copy available, 317 people requesting
    Countries available: US, CA, and GB more
    read on goodreads
  • Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Scarlet and the Keepers of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scarlet and the Keepers of Light

Brandon West
    Nov 08, 2011 Brandon West rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    Ok, so this may be cheating a bit. This is my new novel, the first in a series of books for young adults. If you like the Harry Potter series, the Hobbit and the like, give it a read. I don't think you'll be disapointed.
    Diane
    If your puppy suddenly grew to become twice the size of the biggest dog and began talking, wouldn't you suspect something was wrong? And if you stumbled on a prophecy that indicated that you were to play a key role in a bigger picture, what would you do?

Scarlet and the Keepers of Light presents just such a dilemma when Scarlet Hopewell discovers that her world is anything but ordinary and predictable. Her perception of reality vastly expands when the barriers between magical and non-magical worl
    Steve White
    I enjoy reading the Fantasy books that are written for the middle graders and early teens. They have a more pure feel to me. And this one is a very fine example.
    Mr. West has created a amazing imaginative world that live in tandem with our own. Their fates closely tied together.
    Sure, there are dark forces at work. But not so dark to scare away younger readers. There are battles as well. All age appropriate and letting each readers imagination add in the level of detail they are comfortable with.
    Autumn
    This is an enchanting book. A simple, classic fairytale that is timeless. The good vs evil plot was well done and I love the world and the characters the author created.It's something all little girls will adore, but the author doesn't talk down to the reader so adults can enjoy it as well. I think it's refreshing that it doesn't have the main character chasing after boys & caring what everyone at school thinks of her, what she'll wear, or wanting to be popular, it's more family oriented. Sh ...more
    Deedra
    I LOVED this book!The storyline is great!An adventure story with a girl as the savior....will she be able to do it?Read it and find out!The narrator,Harriet Stevens, was wonderful with all the voices and readings.I will be waiting for a sequel to this one.
    Phyllis
    Jan 27, 2015 Phyllis rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
    Recommends it for: Linda Menkes
    This story is a great fantasy for middle-school age or higher. I like the fact that Scarlet gets to have her adventures with her family, and that her family is obviously close, instead of the more common scenario where the hero or heroine goes off on a magical adventure leaving the family behind and completely unaware of what is going on.

I can recommend this to anyone who enjoys fantasy no matter what their age.
    Beth Grossman- yacoub
    I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
    That being said I must admit that this book is what I think of when I think of children's books done right! The world building is superb, the writing is not overly simplistic and babyish, the pace is never slow and not so fast as to feel rushed. There were dwarfs, magical assassins, light wielding winged people, talking kick a$$ animals, evil magical princes and more. I can not remember many kid's books causing me to lose sleep in r
    Shals
    Nothing really wrong with this...it just wasn't very exciting. Overall it did not evoke much emotion in me.
    Melissa Robitille
    This book is a superlative example of modern children's writing. The author does not 'dumb down' or condescend to engage the child reader, but chooses to write in a manner that will engage children, young adults and adults. This is a book (and series) that I feel would be an excellent addition to any school library and a vast improvement over most of the books currently on the shelves in that library.
    Naomi
    GOODREADS GIVEAWAY WIN.

A good old-fashioned children's fantasy adventure, if somewhat socially conservative, although perhaps that's part of its charm.
    Kaari Uninvited
    Kaari Uninvited marked it as to-read
    Sandra
    Sandra marked it as to-read
    Ionescu Ralu
    Ionescu Ralu marked it as to-read
    Kimberly Bell
    Kimberly Bell marked it as to-read
    Ashley Clark
    Ashley Clark marked it as to-read
    Brenda
    Brenda marked it as to-read
    Jeanette
    Jeanette marked it as to-read
    Amanda Gilliatt
    Amanda Gilliatt marked it as to-read
    Darlene
    Darlene marked it as to-read
    Diana
    Diana marked it as to-read
    Pam
    Pam marked it as to-read
    Morgan
    Morgan marked it as to-read
    Aysel Capinoglu
    Aysel Capinoglu marked it as to-read
    Shannen
    Shannen marked it as to-read
    Kristijan
    Kristijan marked it as to-read
    Katie
    Katie marked it as to-read
    Davia Taylor
    Davia Taylor marked it as to-read
    Iveta Drtinová
    Iveta Drtinová marked it as to-read
    Beth
    Beth marked it as to-read
    • The Fire Mages
    • The Watcher's Keep (The Triadine Saga, #1)
    • Earth Vs. Aliens (Aliens Series #1)
    • The Journeyman (The Commons, #1)
    • The Stolen Moon
    • Through the Whirlpool (The Jewel Fish Chronicles, #1)
    • The Box and the Dragonfly (The Keepers, #1)
    • Jinx's Fire (Jinx #3)
    • Song of Blood & Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1)
    • Radiant (Towers Trilogy #1)
    • The Realmwalker Chronicles: The Pillars of Natura, Volume 1
    • Fall of Heroes (The Cloak Society, #3)
    • ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light  (Book 1)
    • Sapphire Eyes (The Secret Society of Magical Medics #1)
    • Beggar Magic
    • Surrogate
    • The Ark of Asylum
    • Fallen Beloved
    5320883
    Brandon was born in Virginia and as the son of an Army Officer spent much of his childhood living in Germany, Korea and several US states.
    He is a graduate of the College of William and Mary where he majored in Government and Psychology.
    Brandon is a firefighter, former Army officer, father, husband, movie buff and avid reader.
    Brandon is the author of several novels including the young adult Scarle
    More about Brandon Charles West...
    Scarlet and the Dragon's Burden Mimic the Devil Scarlet and the Queen of the New World Wake Me When I'm Gone The Truest Life