Start by marking “People's Pops: 55 Recipes for Ice Pops, Shave Ice, and Boozy Pops from Brooklyn's Coolest Pop Shop” as Want to Read:

A flavor-packed collection of 65 recipes from the trio behind the premier pops stand in the country, People’s Pops.

Published June 5th 2012 by Ten Speed Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about People's Pops, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about People's Pops

ChapterOne
Jun 24, 2015 ChapterOne rated it it was amazing
I wanna buy this book. Very simple recipes. I tried quite a few and ALL of the recipes I tried came out delicious. It's gonna be a super cool and super refreshing summer :)
Maze Branch Oak Park Public Library
Apr 15, 2013 Maze Branch Oak Park Public Library rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Popsicle Lovers
Each month we'll ask you to make two recipes from a designated cookbook: we'll choose the first recipe and ask you to make it at home; you'll choose the second and bring it to our discussion to share. We'll meet to discuss both recipes and to sample the one you chose. We'll have a potluck of tasty treats! This month's selections are People's Pops by Nathalie Jordi, David Carrell, and Joel Horowitz and Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz, and our recipe choices are Strawberries & Cream from Peopl ...more
Kathleen
Jun 18, 2012 Kathleen rated it really liked it
What a great little book! Lots of recipes for pops that I wouldn't have thought of, but seemed like so obviously a good idea I was surprised I hadn't. Looking forward to making some of these this summer.
Autumn
Jun 23, 2012 Autumn rated it it was ok
Irritatingly Brooklyn-ish popsicle recipes. The recipes are ok, but the attitude is kind of insufferable. Instead, I recommend the Paletas book by Fany Gerson.
Julie McKenna
Dec 20, 2016 Julie McKenna rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book -- and all the joy it brought to summer days and evenings. My fascination with refreshing treats began whenI received a Soda Stream as a birthday gift. I immersed myself in the making of simple syrups and other delicious elixirs using from herbs in my every expanding garden, organic sugars, and fruits. Then my mind turned to freezing these syrups and fruits in "poptails" -- both virgin and alcohol-based. I used lots of books (and found a surprising number of books on t ...more
Kathi-Ann Busha
Feb 13, 2013 Kathi-Ann Busha rated it really liked it
Shelves: cook-books
The authors of “People’s Pops”-Nthalie Jordi, David Carrell, and Joel Horowitz- are the owners of the company by the same name in New York City. They seem a bit like hipsters (I could be wrong, but that’s what they seem like) and because of that they have a very casual way of doing and thinking. All of the recipes that they include are simple and easy. And they all look good. I really enjoyed not only the recipes, but also the little stories that they share throughout.

I initially picked up this
Crown Publishing Group
A flavor-packed collection of 65 recipes from the trio behind the premier pops stand in the country, People’s Pops.

In 2008, three old friends had a hunch that the world deserved a better ice pop. Every summer since, New York City’s been taken by storm with out-of-the-box flavors like Raspberries & Basil, Peach & Bourbon, and Cantaloupe & Tarragon from People’s Pops. Now, the People behind the phenomenon share their DIY ethos in a breezy cookbook that teaches how to pair ingredients,
Molly
Nov 26, 2012 Molly rated it really liked it
Yummy. This is one to own- so you can try out all the seasonal recipes throughout the year. The combinations are unique and the instructions clear. It is also a beautiful book. I made the pear, ginger and cream pops- but instead of putting the mix in molds, I froze it in a cake pan. Then I scooped up the frozen goodness to top my thanksgiving apple pie....very, very good. I really want to make the various watermelon flavored concoctions next year.
M
Dec 27, 2012 M rated it it was ok
Shelves: biblioteca, 2012
Eh. There are numerous ice lolly recipe books out in the market now. While this is not a terrible collection, there is nothing original to these recipes. Boozy ice lollies, savoury ice lollies, are clever ideas, but not new ones.

If you must get an ice lolly recipe book, I recommend Paletas by Fany Gerson.
Nikki
Jun 03, 2016 Nikki rated it really liked it
I'm re-arranging and de-cluttering my kitchen, which means dusting off and testing the gadgets and uni-taskers to see if they are worth the space they take up. Got this because I'm definitely keeping the popsicle mold. Great, sometimes unexpected flavor combinations and instructions make this book a keeper too.
jessica wilson
Aug 01, 2012 jessica wilson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-reads
I have yet to try any of the recipes but am thoroughly delighted by the flavor combos. The 5 stars are for the read. The writing is whimsical and thoughtful. The authors included many ideas and helpful hints that are very handy for those not in the know. The photos are gorgeous and it all presents for a very nice bout of inspiration!
Webajeb
Apr 22, 2014 Webajeb rated it really liked it
A great book if you want to make popsicles at home from fresh fruit, which I do! The straight up strawberry pops are awesome! I'll keep several of the recipes from the book and will be making them all summer!
Chana Billet
Jul 01, 2015 Chana Billet rated it really liked it
While I've never been to People's Pops in Brooklyn, after reading this book, I feel like I've tasted their popsicles first hand. Chock-full of tips, this book illustrates how flavors can be combined to create great-tasting, flavor-packed icies. Funny and inspiring.
Jessica
Aug 04, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Who doesn't love ice pops? This book has delicious recipes ranging from your basic strawberry to your more exotic blueberry lavender that are totally easy to make and will delight you on hot summer days!
Kathy Juveli Hauck
Jun 29, 2016 Kathy Juveli Hauck rated it did not like it
I bought a popsicle maker because I wanted to make healthier frozen treats. I wanted a book with recipes. This book is not the answer to that. The recipes in here are HEAVY on sugar. HEAVY! I think I got diabetes just reading it! Oh well, money lost lesson earned.
Laurie
Jul 20, 2013 Laurie rated it liked it
Enjoyable read. The recipes are interesting, I would try the more simple ones. The story and "voices" of the authors (and company owners) are fun.
Chely
Apr 05, 2012 Chely rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-cookbooks
DRC from Edelweiss. Love this book! Recipes are so easy to follow. Pictures were beautiful enough to inspire you to make pops all summer.
Michelle
Nov 12, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
There are some inspiring flavor combos and general tips on making good pops. Now I just need to make a few. I'll probably save that for spring.
Donna Hutt Stapfer Bell
Smart and yummy

Also, very seasonal. Tons of good advice from the 'don't do this, we did and you won't dig it' school.
Beka
Apr 19, 2012 Beka rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
I expected to like this book a lot more. Nothing seems new or exciting. It was basically just a list of flavor combinations (and not terribly exciting ones).
Tisha
Sep 29, 2012 Tisha rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking-baking, own
This book made me want to make popsicles. It also made me want to make other things with the inventive combos.
debbie carter
debbie carter rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2017
mymy
mymy rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2015
Remi
Remi rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Sherry Keller
Sherry Keller rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2015
Renee
Renee rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Claudia
Claudia rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Nikki Utt
Nikki Utt rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2017
Cc
Cc rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Paletas: Authentic Recipes for Mexican Ice Pops, Shaved Ice & Aguas Frescas
  • Herbivoracious: A Flavor Revolution with 150 Vibrant and Original Vegetarian Recipes
  • Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones: 90 Recipes for Making Your Own Ice Cream and Frozen Treats from Bi-Rite Creamery
  • Vintage Cakes: Timeless Recipes for Cupcakes, Flips, Rolls, Layer, Angel, Bundt, Chiffon, and Icebox Cakes for Today's Sweet Tooth
  • Breakfast, Lunch, Tea: The Many Little Meals of Rose Bakery
  • Kansha: Celebrating Japan's Vegan and Vegetarian Traditions
  • My Pizza: The Easy No-Knead Way to Make Spectacular Pizza at Home
  • Made in India: Recipes from an Indian Family Kitchen
  • The Mac + Cheese Cookbook: 50 Simple Recipes from Homeroom, America's Favorite Mac and Cheese Restaurant
  • Izakaya: The Japanese Pub Cookbook
  • The Meat Lover's Meatless Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes Carnivores Will Devour
  • Pok Pok: Food and Stories from the Streets, Homes and Roadside Restaurants of Thailand
  • Thai Street Food
  • Mission Street Food: Recipes and Ideas from an Improbable Restaurant
  • Home Made Winter
  • At Home with Madhur Jaffrey: Simple, Delectable Dishes from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka
  • The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook: Cookies, Cakes, Candies, and More
  • The Moosewood Restaurant Cooking for Health: More Than 200 New Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes for Delicious and Nutrient-Rich Dishes

“Combine the basil-scented simple syrup with the puréed raspberries in a bowl or measuring pitcher with a pouring spout. Doesn’t it smell a bit like marijuana? Yes, it does! The” 0 likes