Start by marking “Elephant Joe, Brave Knight!” as Want to Read:
Elephant Joe, Brave Knight!

Elephant Joe, Brave Knight!

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  121 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Elephant Joe, brave knight, will! (With his trusty sidekick, Zebra Pete, of course.) But there's an unexpected twist in this tale. Is the damsel in distress who she seems to be? And what happens when Elephant Joe and Zebra Pete wake the dragon guarding the Dark Knight's tower? There'll be lots of jousting and heroics before it's all over in this comical adventure from Brit ...more
Published June 26th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published February 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Elephant Joe, Brave Knight!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elephant Joe, Brave Knight!

Kat
Apr 02, 2015 Kat rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books, 2015
Basic plot: The dark knight has stolen the king's crown and Elephant Joe must get it back!

Extremely cute book. I'm not entirely sure why an elephant and zebra need to ride on horses (other than that they're knights), but they did anyway. They used a most ingenious method for getting past a dragon guardian (they said, "please"). The use of dialogue bubbles kept the story moving at a good slapstick pace and provided opportunities for some fun voices while reading. I liked the art, especially the l
Hamster
This may be the worst picture book I've ever read.
My two year-old ripped one of the pages and I congratulated her on her taste in literature.
Zether Zether
Nov 14, 2014 Zether Zether rated it really liked it
There was not all that much to this story, but it was cute and colorful.
The king's crown gets stolen. The elephant goes to rescue the crown and runs into a damsel in distress. The damsel turns out to be the thief.

Eventually, the elephant gets the crown after the thief falls into the moat. The elephant rescues the thief who cannot swim. In the end, he and his zebra partner are declared knights.
Jacob Burton
Dec 18, 2014 Jacob Burton rated it liked it
Shelves: 544-t-l
This 2011 fantasy is a book that slightly parodies the whole saving a damsel in distress storyline. The book is written for a younger audience, and it is silly, but it's a good silly and kids will enjoy it. Apparently there are other Elephant Joe books; I might want to check them out.
Habrewer
Apr 26, 2012 Habrewer rated it really liked it
Shelves: lilly-read
*A review copy of this book was viewed from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*

This book is packed full of adventure. When Elephant Joe and Zebra Pete set off to find the Dark Knight they travel through the enchanted forest which is full of yummy treats. They use their manners to defeat the dragon and save the kingdom.

Elephant Joe is a cute character that teaches children to use their manners and be nice to others. The pages are bright and colorful and will definitely capture the imagin
Sharon Lawler
Jun 23, 2014 Sharon Lawler rated it really liked it
Two knights, a dragon, and a frog prince search for the Dark Knight. Plot twists and funny dialogue will have the kids requesting this one again and again.
Beverly
Feb 29, 2016 Beverly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picturebooks, dragons
Very funny!
Josie
Nov 07, 2011 Josie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kais-books
Kai's current favourite - Elephant Joe and his mate Zebra Pete go on an adventure to rescue the King's stolen crown. Bright, funny and full of the kind of humour that appeals to a three year old I liked the mixed media illustrations and the opportunity to do lots of silly voices. The other two 'Elephant Joe' books in the series are now definitely on our Christmas list.
Alicia Scully
Oct 21, 2012 Alicia Scully rated it really liked it
Elephant Joe and his trusty sidekick Zebra Pete are given the task of finding the king's crown and the evil Dark Knight who stole it. Thus, the story is filled with shenanigans and colorful characters that will make you laugh out loud. My roommate and I read this together and we were epically entertained by both the story and the illustrations. A definite recommended read.
Fernanda Fatio
Jan 07, 2014 Fernanda Fatio rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chidrens
Funny book, silly illustrations. It was a hit here at home.
Amanda
Apr 18, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Such bravery has seldom been seen! Knights of this caliber rarely are found these days and should be celebrated; Madam and I enjoyed the humor in both the text and the pictures. Huzzah for Elephant Joe!
Miss Meghan's Class
Oct 19, 2012 Miss Meghan's Class rated it it was amazing
This was a cute book. The heroes were an unexpected duo and the three that I read it today were really shocked by the trick the bad guy played. (We did a good job picking books out at the library today.)
Raven
Aug 15, 2012 Raven rated it it was ok
Lots of color and multiple mediums to create images (ex: photos of real apples and teapots beside drawn characters). Watch out for that damsel in distress! Cute simple story for the little ones.
Melissa
Oct 31, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
Anthony's first pick at the library. He used his own library card and everything, and it turned out to be a pretty good book.
Kristen
Fun art + slight plot = cute "knight" tale. I do like that the damsel in distress turned out to be the Dark Knight.
Debbie Tanner
Loved this funny little fairy tale with the cartoony pictures and the surprise ending!
Brooke
Dec 12, 2012 Brooke rated it it was amazing
this book is awesome because the dragon let's elephant and zebra go when they say please.
Grg
Jun 23, 2013 Grg rated it did not like it
One funny joke and a cool looking dragon, but mostly this book totally stank.
Leigh
Oct 10, 2012 Leigh rated it really liked it
Cute and humorous, would pair well with the Good Knight series.
Edward Sullivan
Magila
Apr 27, 2013 Magila rated it really liked it
4.5
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Demar McLeod
Demar McLeod marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Waqar Ahmed
Waqar Ahmed marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Skye Kilaen
Skye Kilaen rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2016