Start by marking “Elephant Joe, Brave Knight!” as Want to Read:
Elephant Joe, Brave Knight!

Elephant Joe, Brave Knight!

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Elephant Joe, brave knight, will! (With his trusty sidekick, Zebra Pete, of course.) But there's an unexpected twist in this tale. Is the damsel in distress who she seems to be? And what happens when Elephant Joe and Zebra Pete wake the dragon guarding the Dark Knight's tower? There'll be lots of jousting and heroics before it's all over in this comical adventure from Brit ...more
Published June 26th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Elephant Joe, Brave Knight!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elephant Joe, Brave Knight!

Ryan
This may be the worst picture book I've ever read.
My two year-old ripped one of the pages and I congratulated her on her taste in literature.
Heather Dowell
There was not all that much to this story, but it was cute and colorful.
The king's crown gets stolen. The elephant goes to rescue the crown and runs into a damsel in distress. The damsel turns out to be the thief.

Eventually, the elephant gets the crown after the thief falls into the moat. The elephant rescues the thief who cannot swim. In the end, he and his zebra partner are declared knights.
Habrewer
*A review copy of this book was viewed from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*

This book is packed full of adventure. When Elephant Joe and Zebra Pete set off to find the Dark Knight they travel through the enchanted forest which is full of yummy treats. They use their manners to defeat the dragon and save the kingdom.

Elephant Joe is a cute character that teaches children to use their manners and be nice to others. The pages are bright and colorful and will definitely capture the imagin
Sharon Lawler
Two knights, a dragon, and a frog prince search for the Dark Knight. Plot twists and funny dialogue will have the kids requesting this one again and again.
Alicia Scully
Elephant Joe and his trusty sidekick Zebra Pete are given the task of finding the king's crown and the evil Dark Knight who stole it. Thus, the story is filled with shenanigans and colorful characters that will make you laugh out loud. My roommate and I read this together and we were epically entertained by both the story and the illustrations. A definite recommended read.
Fernanda Fatio
Funny book, silly illustrations. It was a hit here at home.
Amanda
Such bravery has seldom been seen! Knights of this caliber rarely are found these days and should be celebrated; Madam and I enjoyed the humor in both the text and the pictures. Huzzah for Elephant Joe!
Miss Meghan's Class
This was a cute book. The heroes were an unexpected duo and the three that I read it today were really shocked by the trick the bad guy played. (We did a good job picking books out at the library today.)
Raven
Lots of color and multiple mediums to create images (ex: photos of real apples and teapots beside drawn characters). Watch out for that damsel in distress! Cute simple story for the little ones.
Melissa
Anthony's first pick at the library. He used his own library card and everything, and it turned out to be a pretty good book.
Kris
Fun art + slight plot = cute "knight" tale. I do like that the damsel in distress turned out to be the Dark Knight.
Debbie Tanner
Loved this funny little fairy tale with the cartoony pictures and the surprise ending!
Brooke
this book is awesome because the dragon let's elephant and zebra go when they say please.
Greg
One funny joke and a cool looking dragon, but mostly this book totally stank.
Leigh
Cute and humorous, would pair well with the Good Knight series.
Edward Sullivan
Raeyna
Raeyna added it
Sep 02, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Can You Choo-choo? Can You Moo? A Cuddle for Claude Scoop the Digger Animal Antics from 1 to 10