Elephant Joe, Brave Knight!

Elephant Joe, Brave Knight!

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Elephant Joe, brave knight, will! (With his trusty sidekick, Zebra Pete, of course.) But there's an unexpected twist in this tale. Is the damsel in distress who she seems to be? And what happens when Elephant Joe and Zebra Pete wake the dragon guarding the Dark Knight's tower? There'll be lots of jousting and heroics before it's all over in this comical adventure from Brit...more
Published June 26th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2012)

Ryan
This may be the worst picture book I've ever read.
My two year-old ripped one of the pages and I congratulated her on her taste in literature.
Habrewer
*A review copy of this book was viewed from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*

This book is packed full of adventure. When Elephant Joe and Zebra Pete set off to find the Dark Knight they travel through the enchanted forest which is full of yummy treats. They use their manners to defeat the dragon and save the kingdom.

Elephant Joe is a cute character that teaches children to use their manners and be nice to others. The pages are bright and colorful and will definitely capture the imagin...more
Sharon Lawler
Two knights, a dragon, and a frog prince search for the Dark Knight. Plot twists and funny dialogue will have the kids requesting this one again and again.
Alicia Scully
Elephant Joe and his trusty sidekick Zebra Pete are given the task of finding the king's crown and the evil Dark Knight who stole it. Thus, the story is filled with shenanigans and colorful characters that will make you laugh out loud. My roommate and I read this together and we were epically entertained by both the story and the illustrations. A definite recommended read.
Fernanda Fatio
Funny book, silly illustrations. It was a hit here at home.
Amanda
Such bravery has seldom been seen! Knights of this caliber rarely are found these days and should be celebrated; Madam and I enjoyed the humor in both the text and the pictures. Huzzah for Elephant Joe!
Miss Meghan's Class
This was a cute book. The heroes were an unexpected duo and the three that I read it today were really shocked by the trick the bad guy played. (We did a good job picking books out at the library today.)
Raven
Lots of color and multiple mediums to create images (ex: photos of real apples and teapots beside drawn characters). Watch out for that damsel in distress! Cute simple story for the little ones.
Melissa
Anthony's first pick at the library. He used his own library card and everything, and it turned out to be a pretty good book.
Kris
Fun art + slight plot = cute "knight" tale. I do like that the damsel in distress turned out to be the Dark Knight.
Debbie Tanner
Loved this funny little fairy tale with the cartoony pictures and the surprise ending!
Brooke
this book is awesome because the dragon let's elephant and zebra go when they say please.
Greg
One funny joke and a cool looking dragon, but mostly this book totally stank.
Leigh
Cute and humorous, would pair well with the Good Knight series.
Edward Sullivan
Goofy, colorful fun.
Linda Atkinson
I <3 Elephant Joe!
Mackenzie
it was a good book
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Jwill
Jwill added it
Jun 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Can You Choo-choo? Can You Moo? A Cuddle for Claude Animal Antics from 1 to 10 Scoop the Digger