Start by marking “Ballet Stars” as Want to Read:
Ballet Stars

Ballet Stars

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  49 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
From ballet class to rehearsal for the big show to the final curtesies—budding ballet stars show emergent readers each step and pirouette along the way! This Step 1 story has big type and easy words, rhyme and rhythm, and picture clues and two sheets of irresistably adorable stickers. It's a natural for young readers who are learning ballet or aspire to take ballet classes ...more
Published June 26th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Ballet Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ballet Stars

Erin Lynn
I read this while babysitting.

I also really enjoyed Ballet Stars. This book features both female and male ballet dancers who are preparing for a recital for friends and family. It was cute and full of eye-catching illustrations that will teach kids a little bit about ballet.
I will for sure be ordering this for the collection. I would wish it was a slightly easier level 1, because they are scarce on the ground. But it is a solid read, that will appeal to children.

But please, no stickers!! What library wants a sticker easy reader??!
Colby Sharp
Oct 24, 2012 Colby Sharp rated it really liked it
Cute, cute, cute.
Habrewer
Oct 27, 2013 Habrewer rated it really liked it
Shelves: lilly-read
*A review copy of this book was viewed from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*

Most little girls want to be a ballerina when they grow up and this is a wonderful book to inspire them. The book is filled with beautiful illustrations of children getting ready for their big performance. They are bright and cheerful and sure to capture the hearts of many little girls.

It is meant as a level 1 reading book but it can be enjoyed at an earlier age too. The book is ideal for a new reader because
M Lee
Aug 04, 2015 M Lee rated it really liked it
Nice book for 2-4 year-old, with rhyming text and cute drawings of a group of multi-cultural girls and a boy taking ballet lesson.
Amy
Aug 23, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing
I won this book through Goodreads Giveaways. I was excited to see the copy was signed by the author with a personal note. I'm anxious to share this book with my niece, who loves watching Dancing with the Stars. She is always practicing moves in the living room ect. The book will give her a few new moves to try out!!!

A cute book for any families that have an aspiring Ballerina in their family. The pictures are great, the story is simple, and the stickers are an added bonus.
Becky
Jul 28, 2012 Becky rated it liked it
I enjoyed this early reader. Using rhyming text, the book describes the fun and excitement of the big day, the day of the class's ballet recital. While the class is mainly little girls, there is one little boy excited about ballet. It was fun and simple. Comes with two pages of stickers.
jacky
Aug 17, 2014 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: lib-lew, early-reader
A nice first reader for a ballerina, but not the best book about ballet.
Dannie
Jul 03, 2013 Dannie rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
I don't enjoy it much, but my 4yo daughter loves it.
Margaret
Review pending and scheduled post: http://wp.me/pYHD5-3ws
PWRL
May 28, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
A
Melissa Killough
Melissa Killough marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Julia
Julia is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2016
Yuliya Lee
Yuliya Lee rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Shayla Drumm
Shayla Drumm rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
F.
F. marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Library
Library rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Ronda Sninsky
Ronda Sninsky marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Li Li
Li Li marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
miss emma l o'hara
miss emma l o'hara rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Najla AlThani
Najla AlThani marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
WCNS
WCNS added it
Nov 19, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
MAReK
MAReK rated it it was ok
Nov 02, 2015
Panda Incognito
Panda Incognito rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Children's book author: MIGHTY DADS (a NY Times bestseller); LITTLE RED WRITING; the GODDESS GIRLS series (with Suzanne Williams); THIS LITTLE PRESIDENT, A Presidential Primer; ZERO THE HERO. Lucky to be doing what I love.
More about Joan Holub...