Start by marking “Uśmiechy Bombaju. Podróż do Indii zmieniła moje życie.” as Want to Read:
Uśmiechy Bombaju. Podróż do Indii zmieniła moje życie.

Uśmiechy Bombaju. Podróż do Indii zmieniła moje życie.

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews

In 2003, Jaume Sanllorente was a young journalist leading an active and exciting life in Barcelona—no more idealistic than any other young professional. Then a travel agent convinced him to spend his vacation in India. Amazed by what he saw in the land of sacred cows and shocking poverty, Jaume was transformed.

That experience lead him to reconsider the world he lived in a

Published 2010 by Świat Książki (first published November 16th 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about Uśmiechy Bombaju. Podróż do Indii zmieniła moje życie.

Christina
Oct 30, 2011 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic read for anyone who's traveled extensively internationally, performed mission work in other countries, or is interested in non-profit work in India. I finished this in an afternoon. I'm actually looking forward to writing a paper on this book!

"There are places in life that seep into your soul, becoming forever a part of it. You need encounter such places only once for your life to be unsuspectingly, and perhaps subtly, altered. Profound conversations and transcendental decisions are
Carla
I read this book for university. This book was quiet good, I think we could talk of it as a memoir. The story behind it is amazing, the writing was very good for being the first book of this author, ok he is a journalist!

I admire Jaume Sanllorente!

I recommend you this book.
Encruzilhadas Literárias
Enganem-se os que lêem a sinopse deste livro. É tudo o que está lá escrito mas é muito mais e muito mais apaixonante. Mas primeiro, o porquê da sua escolha. Aqui há um mês, em conversa sobre projectos de voluntariado e de intervenção social, falaram-me deste livro. Quando começaram a referir a obra do seu autor, lembrei-me que já o conhecia, e mais!, já conhecia o seu trabalho. Tive a oportunidade de assistir a uma intervenção nas Conferências Anuais de Voluntariado da Galiza em Novembro e lembr ...more
Jolieg G
Feb 06, 2016 Jolieg G rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Een roman is het niet, een verslag van een journalist die naar Indie vertrekt.
Elk hoofdstuk begint met een spreuk... deze bijvoorbeeld "
De menselijke stem draagt nooit zo ver als de fluistering van het geweten.
– Mahatma Gandhi –"

Verder zijn er in het boek ook teksten die je even na laat denken.
Al met al een mooi boek.
Karrie
Oct 16, 2013 Karrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read! To say it is "short & sweet" would be wrong as it tells some truly heartbreaking stories, but it is also an inspiring & beautiful story. The author is a Spanish journalist who felt compelled to make a difference after visiting India. He acknowledges cliches such as traveling to India to find oneself, or working with orphans as a way to feel good about oneself. His story is not a cliche-- his work in India is well thought out, sustainable and altruistic. This book is a great r ...more
Ania Wnuk
Mar 07, 2016 Ania Wnuk rated it it was amazing
A beautiful example of how you can devote your life to others and change their tragic fate. Gorgeous, short story about poverty in India.
Miko Lee
Sep 20, 2010 Miko Lee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is meant to be an inspiring book by Juame Sanllorente about his heroic struggles working with the untouchables in India. While I applaud his effort and found the quotes selections (from Ghandi to Amritanadamayi) absolutely magical, I found his personal writing, sadly, kind of boring. I wish he had had a Tracy Kidder like Paul Farmer did to chronicle his work. This autobiography did make me want to learn more about his organization Bombay Smiles though.
Johanna H.
Dec 15, 2014 Johanna H. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: india
What an admirable project and awe inspiring man! A man with a destiny to help .. I can't describe in words how happy & thankful i am that people like him exist on this planet! i hope this book shows people that they have to do something! that there are people out there who need them.. We have so much and have to start giving something from it to people who are not so lucky !! awesome book!
Mimi
Nov 16, 2010 Mimi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: book clubs
Recommended to Mimi by: Amazon.com
Great read!!! I can see, smell and hear everything the author has described in the book. If you like traveling, Mumbai and philanthropy, then this is a must read! Are you willing to give up everything you have and live a simple life in Mumbai? Not many can and are willing to do that. The author did just that!
I read the book in its original language - Castilian.
Aisa Kariman
Jul 20, 2013 Aisa Kariman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have deep respect for the achievements the author had in Mumbai, India. Read this book in Dutch, was quite boring, it read like a summing up, but I think the story in the original language Spanish is much more vivid.
Cláudia P.
Feb 12, 2012 Cláudia P. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biblioteca
Para quem quiser ler, ficou a opinião sobre o livro em http://encruzilhadasliterarias.blogsp..., já que no Goodreads geralmente só publico opiniões em Inglês.
Ana Rita Santos
May 04, 2011 Ana Rita Santos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Muito bom. Adorei. Conseguimos viver um pouco da experiência através das palavras do autor.
Muito bonito e inspirador.
Annuskalou
Aug 20, 2011 Annuskalou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un libro para leer en unas horas. Es intenso y despierta ganas de viajar a la India.
Sandra
May 24, 2010 Sandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring book about the great impact this one young man has made...
Catherine
Catherine rated it liked it
May 22, 2016
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
Tere Moto
Tere Moto marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Erin
Erin added it
Apr 10, 2016
Patri
Patri rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Alba
Alba rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Roser
Roser rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Halia
Halia rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Paula Mur
Paula Mur marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Paloma_GF
Paloma_GF rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Sandra
Sandra added it
Jan 02, 2016
Núria HB
Núria HB rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Sonja
Sonja rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Nassima
Nassima marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015