Start by marking “Najaar in Toscane” as Want to Read:
Najaar in Toscane

Najaar in Toscane

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Een groepje vrienden dat al jaren samen op vakantie gaat komt eind september samen in een afgelegen boerderij in de heuvels van Toscane, aan de rand van een prachtig bos. Hier hopen ze een beetje bij te komen van de tragische gebeurtenissen van het afgelopen jaar. Vorige zomer waren ze nog met zijn zessen, nu zijn ze in Italië zonder de sprankelende Evie, die altijd het mi ...more
Published 2004 by Uitgeverij Arena

To ask other readers questions about Najaar in Toscane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Najaar in Toscane

I would actually give this 3.5 stars. The writing is accomplished, the characters are very real and the scene setting very interesting. The descriptive passages are beautifully written. At no point in the story did I ever feel that the story was fantastical. It all seemed like a slice of life.

Although not my usual fare I quite enjoyed the book which I had only picked up from the library because the available choices were severely curtailed because of renovations.

Surprisingly my husband picked i
Could have done with tighter editing -less description and more characterisation..
Having just read The Crooked House by the same author I was very surprised by the difference in style of the two books. This one is a very light holiday read with not much to engage the brain. There is too much description which simply doesn't need to be there, adding nothing to the plot, and not enough characterisation with the result that I never felt I really got to know the characters. And the fact that the ending was flagged up quite early on means this isn't a book that I'd want to re-read ...more
holiday read. late summer in S Tuscany, group of friends, uncovering secrets and rebuilding relationships - also the locals coming to terms with 21st century and burying their pasts. nicely touched with details esp food.
Jen Wong
I only got half way through. Not gripping.
Nicole Otting
This book takes place in Italy. The setting is mostly an isolated Tuscan farmhouse on the edge of the woods in September. A group of old friends get together there with their families in hopes to put the tragic events of the past year behind them. As an Italian myself, this book immediately demanded my interest. I purchased this book in England at a bookstore while I was on a trip after my high school graduation. I finished the book on our plane ride back home to the U.S. This book is about frie ...more
Italo Italophiles
This book is a well-executed drama with a bit of mystery and a bit of romance. We enter the principle characters' minds, and follow their leisurely course through this story. There is a death, but it occurs before we join the story. There is a resolution, too. But this is not really a murder mystery.

Read the full and illustrated review at Italophile Book Reviews
I picked this up at our villa in Italy and read it solely b/c it was about some english people having an italian villa vacation. It was actually an ideal easy summer, by-the-pool read and i thoroughly enjoyed reading about places i was visiting personally. A fun experience. The light story did engage me enough that i wanted to see how it turned out. I passed the book along to an Italian woman in the airport.
Joanna Trollope meets Donna Leone and Magdalen Nabb in this romantic murder-mystery set in Florence and the surrounding countryside. Having just visited Tuscany in the Fall I was delighted to discover Christobel Kent and thoroughly enjoyed not just Late Season but every book she has written.
Found this book a bit slow to get into and the descriptive passages, although setting the lush italian environment a bit too much and over wordy. However, the story was interesting, although I'd sussed fairly early on pretty much who had done what...but overall an okay read.
this one is set in spain,about a relationship between a woman and a much younger man
Jul 14, 2013 Edith marked it as leestip  ·  review of another edition
"Najaar in Toscane", leestip van Veronika
Belinda marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Geraldine Robbins
Geraldine Robbins marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015 marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015 marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Els marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Karen Dekkers
Karen Dekkers marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Hannah is currently reading it
Jun 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: late season 2 12 Jan 27, 2013 04:09AM
Christobel Kent was born in London in 1962 and now lives in Cambridge with her husband and four children; in between she lived in Florence. She worked in publishing for several years, most recently as Publicity Director at Andre Deutsch. Her debut novel A Party in San Niccolo, was published in 2003.

* Sandro Cellini
More about Christobel Kent...

“Justine couldn't see herself, but suddenly she felt as though she had a waist, a bosom, a long neck, slim wrists. She felt like a different person.” 0 likes