The Seasons of God: How the Shifting Patterns of Your Life Reveal His Purposes for You

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  7 reviews
What season of life are you in?

Each of us goes through periods of life that have a certain character—a few months or a few years, good times or difficult circumstances, times of brilliant joy or periods of dark clouds. Often we say, “It’s just the season of life I’m in.”

But did you know that just as God has purposes for the seasons of nature, he also uses seasons in your...more
Published August 21st 2012 by Multnomah Books (first published June 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Seasons of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seasons of God

Victor Gentile
Richard Blackaby in his new book, “The Seasons of God” published by Multnomah Books shows us How the Shifting Patterns of Your Life Reveal His Purposes for You.

From the Back cover: What season of life are you in?

But did you know that just as God has purposes f...more
Randy Elster
This is one of the best books I have read in a while. It gives an interesting take on how each life stage we go through has seasons--spring, summer, fall, winter--and how those can help you interpret God's will for you. Hard to describe, but very encouraging. And I needed this book at this moment in my journey as a couple of areas of my life were coming to a close in the winter stage. Get this book! By the way, it's written by Henry Blackaby's son Richard; they wrote the Experiencing God book an...more
Reid
Blackaby does another solid job of sharing his Biblical views, this time on the subject of seasons. Seasons can pertain to age, ministry, identity, relationships, health, work, relationships.

There is a spring, summer, fall, winter in all of these categories. He makes the point that it is good to know where one is in reference to any one of the categories.

At the risk of too many stories, Blackaby shares lots of anecdotes from his own life, family, ministry.

All in all, it is a good read. I am find...more
Judy
I've known of the Blackabys for some time but never read any of their stuff until now. I really enjoyed Richard's writing style. Loved his self-deprecating sense of humor, but especially appreciated his insights into the seasons of life and how to make the most of each of them. I tended to think of life as one continuum - with youth as spring, adulthood as summer, etc., but Blackaby points out that we can experience different seasons simultaneously e.g. you may be in a fall season of childrearin...more
Mike Blackaby
Changed the way I look at life, and not many books have done that for me! It is amazing how vivid a picture the natural seasons can give you in relation to the seasons of your life. It will not only help you understand the season you are currently in, but will also help you understand the seasons your friends and family are in as well. This has done wonders for me as a pastor in understanding how best to minister to the many people (and many seasons!) I come in contact with on a regular basis.
Daniel Blackaby
My relation to the author indicates an obvious bias, but it does not change the fact that this is a great book crammed full of practical wisdom that can relate to the everyday life of any reader, regardless of which "season" they find themselves in. It's a quick and easy read so I highly recommend checking it out!
Harold Cameron
The Seasons of God is a most insightful and helpful book for us as we pass through the seasons of our life - offering solid practical advice and direction as to how to live in and make the most of each season of life we experience. An excellent read! I give this book *****!
Babydoll3605
Babydoll3605 marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Beth Pieprzica
Beth Pieprzica marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Rob
Rob is currently reading it
Apr 08, 2014
Cassy
Cassy marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Jenn Cherry
Jenn Cherry is currently reading it
Feb 13, 2014
A Denise
A Denise marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Jericho Mwinde
Jericho Mwinde marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Dec 13, 2013
Larry Freeman
Larry Freeman marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Roselle
Roselle marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Kerri
Kerri added it
Aug 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Richard is the president of Blackaby Ministries International where he works with his father Henry, brother Tom, and other family members to help people experience God. Richard speaks internationally, working especially with leaders of churches, organizations, companies, and families.

Richard earned a B.A. in history from the University of Saskatchewan. He has an M.Div and Ph.D. in church history f...more
More about Richard Blackaby...
Unlimiting God: Increasing Your Capacity to Experience the Divine Putting a Face on Grace: Living a Life Worth Passing On Experiencing God Collegiate Edition; Knowing And Doing The Will Of God Experiencing God at Home Spiritual Leadership: Moving People on to God's Agenda