Start by marking “The Seasons of God: How the Shifting Patterns of Your Life Reveal His Purposes for You” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  46 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
What season of life are you in?

Each of us goes through periods of life that have a certain character—a few months or a few years, good times or difficult circumstances, times of brilliant joy or periods of dark clouds. Often we say, “It’s just the season of life I’m in.”

But did you know that just as God has purposes for the seasons of nature, he also uses seasons in your
Published August 21st 2012 by Multnomah (first published June 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Seasons of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seasons of God

Stephen Hiemstra
Nov 19, 2014 Stephen Hiemstra rated it it was amazing
“You have to know when to cut bait and when to go fishing.”

Whoever said it first was certainly a fishing expert. A good friend of mine, who is an obsessive fisherman that actually put himself through school working in fisheries, advised: the time to fish is at twilight—morning and evening. I never caught a fish with a lure until the day I followed his advice. Timing is everything if you want to catch fish.

Richard Blackaby’s book, The Seasons of God, builds on the basic premise of King Solomon (7
Victor Gentile
Nov 22, 2012 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing
Richard Blackaby in his new book, “The Seasons of God” published by Multnomah Books shows us How the Shifting Patterns of Your Life Reveal His Purposes for You.

From the Back cover: What season of life are you in?

But did you know that just as God has purposes f
Quinn Fforde
Jul 04, 2016 Quinn Fforde rated it it was ok
This book has a few nuggets of wisdom, but the vast majority of it is filler. There are tons of stories that are only tangentially related to the point he is making. For example, I found the story about his sons' band mildly interesting, but I have no idea why it was in the book. In general, this is a book for men. Women, particularly stay-at-home mothers, will find little help here.
Reid
Blackaby does another solid job of sharing his Biblical views, this time on the subject of seasons. Seasons can pertain to age, ministry, identity, relationships, health, work, relationships.

There is a spring, summer, fall, winter in all of these categories. He makes the point that it is good to know where one is in reference to any one of the categories.

At the risk of too many stories, Blackaby shares lots of anecdotes from his own life, family, ministry.

All in all, it is a good read. I am find
Judy
Oct 10, 2012 Judy rated it really liked it
I've known of the Blackabys for some time but never read any of their stuff until now. I really enjoyed Richard's writing style. Loved his self-deprecating sense of humor, but especially appreciated his insights into the seasons of life and how to make the most of each of them. I tended to think of life as one continuum - with youth as spring, adulthood as summer, etc., but Blackaby points out that we can experience different seasons simultaneously e.g. you may be in a fall season of childrearin ...more
Randy Elster
Jul 25, 2015 Randy Elster rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-living
This is one of the best books I have read in a while. It gives an interesting take on how each life stage we go through has seasons--spring, summer, fall, winter--and how those can help you interpret God's will for you. Hard to describe, but very encouraging. And I needed this book at this moment in my journey as a couple of areas of my life were coming to a close in the winter stage. Get this book! By the way, it's written by Henry Blackaby's son Richard; they wrote the Experiencing God book an ...more
Mike Blackaby
Aug 28, 2013 Mike Blackaby rated it it was amazing
Changed the way I look at life, and not many books have done that for me! It is amazing how vivid a picture the natural seasons can give you in relation to the seasons of your life. It will not only help you understand the season you are currently in, but will also help you understand the seasons your friends and family are in as well. This has done wonders for me as a pastor in understanding how best to minister to the many people (and many seasons!) I come in contact with on a regular basis.
Kevin Driskill
Nov 18, 2015 Kevin Driskill rated it liked it
I believe this is a good book with unique biblical view of life. I found that the case-study style stories outnumbered the practical application of the scriptural concept. This can be more instructive and illustrative or it can be unnecessary fluff depending on your view. I liked the book but felt the stories dominated the presentation of the core material.
Daniel Blackaby
Aug 28, 2013 Daniel Blackaby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
My relation to the author indicates an obvious bias, but it does not change the fact that this is a great book crammed full of practical wisdom that can relate to the everyday life of any reader, regardless of which "season" they find themselves in. It's a quick and easy read so I highly recommend checking it out!
Harold Cameron
Sep 10, 2012 Harold Cameron rated it it was amazing
The Seasons of God is a most insightful and helpful book for us as we pass through the seasons of our life - offering solid practical advice and direction as to how to live in and make the most of each season of life we experience. An excellent read! I give this book *****!
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Nora Correia
Nora Correia is currently reading it
Aug 02, 2016
Andre williams
Andre williams rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Ira Jane
Ira Jane rated it did not like it
Jul 22, 2016
Ronna Bohlander
Ronna Bohlander rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Marlene Jonkman
Marlene Jonkman rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2016
Sara Mason
Sara Mason marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
shirley coultis
shirley coultis rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Ashley Vegter
Ashley Vegter marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Debborah
Debborah marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Briana Selleck
Briana Selleck is currently reading it
Jun 09, 2016
Adrianja
Adrianja marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Kathleen O'Neill
Kathleen O'Neill marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
ANNA
ANNA marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Rosaline Gunn
Rosaline Gunn is currently reading it
Jun 01, 2016
Candis Lavender
Candis Lavender marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Helva
Helva marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Dorothy Duitsman
Dorothy Duitsman is currently reading it
May 19, 2016
M Berg
M Berg marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Richard is the president of Blackaby Ministries International where he works with his father Henry, brother Tom, and other family members to help people experience God. Richard speaks internationally, working especially with leaders of churches, organizations, companies, and families.

Richard earned a B.A. in history from the University of Saskatchewan. He has an M.Div and Ph.D. in church history f
More about Richard Blackaby...