Start by marking “Edge of Forever / A Natural Father” as Want to Read:
Edge of Forever / A Natural Father

Edge of Forever / A Natural Father

Edge Of Forever

River Glen was at the edge of nowhere--a tiny, sleepy town nestled on the shores of the Potomac. It was perfect for Dana Brantley, who, after a rocky couple of years, was looking for a peaceful place to start over. But the townspeople had other ideas for the new librarian. They thought she was perfect for their most eligible bachelor, Nick Verone. So did Nic
Published May 29th 2012 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Forever / A Natural Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Forever / A Natural Father

steph
Ok, so. This book is really hard for me to review seeing on how I HATED Edge of Forever and absolutely adored A Natural Father. So in order to be fair, I'm reviewing each book separately and combining their reviews for the rating I'm giving this book as a whole.

:-:

Edge of Forever by Sherryl Woods

1 star

This book was the worst. Honestly, parts of it made me sick to my stomach and the only reason I kept reading it was I was hoping it would get better. But it didn't. AT ALL. The premise of this boo
Lori Howe
Jul 09, 2012 Lori Howe rated it really liked it
Barb
Dec 01, 2014 Barb rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
River Glen was at the edge of nowhere—a tiny, sleepy town nestled on the shores of the Potomac. It was perfect for Dana Brantley, who, after a rocky couple of years, was looking for a peaceful place to start over.
But the townspeople had other ideas for the new librarian. They thought she was perfect for their most eligible bachelor, Nick Verone. So did Nick's ten-year-old son, Tony. And so did Nick, himself. He was intrigued by the mysterious Dana, and determined to find a way through her reserv
Char (1RadReader59)
Jun 30, 2012 Char (1RadReader59) rated it it was amazing
Two stories in one book:
"Home Sweet Home"
This was a really good story with an underlying message the carried a lot of romance, laughter, tears, suspense, & mystery. Between Dana & Nick the two love interest with Nick's sweet boy who brings them together.
"A Natural Father"
I really enjoyed this stayed for just the Italian family alone. but I enjoyed all the battering that goes on between each of the different characters Lucy (main character) & her sister Rose. Rose & her husband. "
BoondocksGlam
May 27, 2014 BoondocksGlam rated it liked it
Three stars is the average I'll give this book for the two very different stories by very different authors. I agree with some of the other reviewers, the first story, Edge of Forever was pretty predictable and while it could have been written with more depth and definitely more elaboration and development on certain elements of the storyline, it was a a quick easy read and fit the bill for the distraction of a few hours I was looking for.
The second story, A Natural Father was the better of the
Kathy
Jun 03, 2012 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Dana Brantley was not looking for romance or any attachments when she escaped to River Glen. She was seeking a quiet life as the town's new librarian. However, Nick Verone and his ten-year old son had other ideas once they met and began to know Dana. This is a typical Woods romance. Boy meets girl and sparks fly. Obstacles abound and some of them rather daunting, but things always work out for the best. I have enjoyed her novels and enjoyed this one also. However, it was totally predicatble and ...more
Camandwmm
Aug 31, 2015 Camandwmm rated it really liked it
Edge of Forever - Dana has moved to a small town to escape from her past. She becomes the new librarian and tries to start over with a new happy life. Nice romantic story.

Second story in this book:
A Natural Father by Sarah Mayberry
Lucy is single and pregnant. The father of the baby has left to be with another woman. Lucy has a new business to deal with and conern of raising a child alone. Mr wonderful is there for support. Another nice love story
Gail
Jun 09, 2012 Gail rated it really liked it
There are 2 different stories in this book..one by Sheryl Woods Edge of Forever which is a hearfelt love story which I already commented on. The other was by Sarah Mayberry A Natural Father which was the first book I have ever read by this author. It was a beautiful love story between Lucy who is pregnant with another man's baby who left her and Dom who has loved Lucy since they were kids. It shows the ups and dopwns of how they get together.
Laura Beasley
Jan 09, 2013 Laura Beasley rated it liked it
The first book by Sherryl Woods was a predictable love story but was pretty good. Dealt with spousal abuse and the affects it has. Drug some. The second book A Natural Father by Sarah Mayberrywas another predictable love story that dealt with betrayal and trust. Liked the close sister relationship. Liked the conflict between the two people and between the sister and her husband. Both stories could be true stories.
Kshydog
Jun 10, 2013 Kshydog rated it it was ok
The first story started off as the usual romance novel. The message about abuse that was mentioned at the very end of the story could have made this a better more exciting reading had it played a bigger part in the story.

In the second story I could not believe that Dominic was that obsessed with a pregnant woman without mentioning why his first marriage failed. I felt sorry for the brother-in-law wanting children with a wife who could not talk about her issues.
Dee Gurganus
Aug 04, 2015 Dee Gurganus rated it it was ok
I am not much of a pure romance reader, but these two stories were good. In both cases, the female characters have both faced a tragedy that left them with a lot of emotional baggage. But the male characters have also just faced an emotional tragedy, the difference is that the men are ready and willing to move on. Their pursuit of their female counterparts to show them they are ready to move on is what gives the story some interest.
Jenn Cunha
Sep 05, 2012 Jenn Cunha rated it liked it
Shelves: own, bea-2012
It was cute, but I wanted more development of the relationship between them. It didn't seem natural and when Nick shows up in the beginning, it felt like I was thrown in in the middle. It also didn't seem to have an ending, it just kind of faded out. Best part of the book? Tony. There needed to be more of him (and Betsy). I want to read another of Woods' books to see if they are all like this.
Lea
Aug 06, 2013 Lea marked it as did-not-finish
I'm DNF'ing this because it's obvious the heroine was in a horribly abusive relationship and the "hero" is not taking no for an answer because he knows best. No means no, even if it's a date or coming in for ice cream. And using your kid to guilt someone into doing something is really crappy.
No thanks. Moving on...
Sandy Forman-Johnson
This book was a double feature.Sherryl Woods is Sherryl Woods, nothing much changes with her to the point of stories being predictable.
A Natural Father was very well written and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Natalie
Aug 08, 2013 Natalie rated it really liked it
It was difficult to get into in the beginning, but I read the entire story "Edge of Forever" in one sitting.
Barbara
Sep 21, 2012 Barbara rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
liked the mayberry book best
Lindy
Jan 13, 2015 Lindy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Book 8

263 pages
Polly
May 05, 2013 Polly rated it it was amazing
New beginnings. Love. Pain, and finding your way back to yourself after being subjected to abuse. A wonderful story about all of the above.
Teresa Colby
Jul 09, 2012 Teresa Colby rated it it was amazing
loved both of the stories but then agin i havent found any of Sherryl Woods books to be not fantastic!!!
Paula Costa
Aug 28, 2012 Paula Costa rated it it was amazing
loved it...fun short stories
Teresa
Jul 09, 2012 Teresa added it
good
Readsalot81
Didn't like the Sherryl Woods story. Still reading Sarah Mayberry.
Lorraine
Aug 30, 2013 Lorraine rated it liked it
Ok
Amy Sabatka
Jun 01, 2013 Amy Sabatka rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable but formulaic read. I would recommend this for someone looking for an easy romance.
Kobie
May 24, 2013 Kobie rated it it was ok
only read EOF. I would give it 2.5 stars... I finished it, but skimmed at the end.
Mary Pitre
Aug 02, 2013 Mary Pitre rated it it was amazing
Love reading your books.
Jewett
Oct 05, 2012 Jewett rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Sometimes you want a "comfort" book just like you sometimes want "comfort" food. This is one of those books. Both stories make you feel good.
Michele
Sep 20, 2013 Michele rated it it was ok
Meh...
Rhonda
Sep 04, 2012 Rhonda rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the bonus book by Sarah Mayberry just as much.
Krista
Jun 03, 2012 Krista rated it liked it
Edge of Forever was great. I loved the bonus book- A Natural Father as well. It wasn't just another romance. I think I found a new author!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Husband for Hire (Heart of the West; Bachelor Auction #1)
  • Mad About You
  • A Winter Wonderland
  • The Navy SEAL's Bride
  • There and Now / Marriage at Circle M (includes: Beyond the Threshold, #1)
  • Santa Baby
  • Thanksgiving Prayer: Thanksgiving Prayer\A Handful of Heaven
  • Silver Bells: Man of Ice\Heart of Ice
  • Lady in Black
  • An Inconvenient Affair (The Alpha Brotherhood, #1)
  • Amber by Night
  • Warrior's Bride
  • Wildwood
  • The Naughty List
  • Messages (New Beginnings, #1)
  • Reflection Point (Eternity Springs, #6)
  • One in a Million \ A Dad for Her Twins
  • In Plain Sight (The Ivory Nation)
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...