Start by marking “Edge of Forever / A Natural Father” as Want to Read:
Edge of Forever / A Natural Father

Edge of Forever / A Natural Father

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  220 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Edge Of Forever

River Glen was at the edge of nowhere--a tiny, sleepy town nestled on the shores of the Potomac. It was perfect for Dana Brantley, who, after a rocky couple of years, was looking for a peaceful place to start over. But the townspeople had other ideas for the new librarian. They thought she was perfect for their most eligible bachelor, Nick Verone. So did Nic
Published May 29th 2012 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Forever / A Natural Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Forever / A Natural Father

Ok, so. This book is really hard for me to review seeing on how I HATED Edge of Forever and absolutely adored A Natural Father. So in order to be fair, I'm reviewing each book separately and combining their reviews for the rating I'm giving this book as a whole.

Edge of Forever by Sherryl Woods

1 star

This book was the worst. Honestly, parts of it made me sick to my stomach and the only reason I kept reading it was I was hoping it would get better. But it didn't. AT ALL. The premise of this boo
Three stars is the average I'll give this book for the two very different stories by very different authors. I agree with some of the other reviewers, the first story, Edge of Forever was pretty predictable and while it could have been written with more depth and definitely more elaboration and development on certain elements of the storyline, it was a a quick easy read and fit the bill for the distraction of a few hours I was looking for.
The second story, A Natural Father was the better of the
Lori Howe
Edge of Forever - Dana has moved to a small town to escape from her past. She becomes the new librarian and tries to start over with a new happy life. Nice romantic story.

Second story in this book:
A Natural Father by Sarah Mayberry
Lucy is single and pregnant. The father of the baby has left to be with another woman. Lucy has a new business to deal with and conern of raising a child alone. Mr wonderful is there for support. Another nice love story
Dee Gurganus
I am not much of a pure romance reader, but these two stories were good. In both cases, the female characters have both faced a tragedy that left them with a lot of emotional baggage. But the male characters have also just faced an emotional tragedy, the difference is that the men are ready and willing to move on. Their pursuit of their female counterparts to show them they are ready to move on is what gives the story some interest.
Char (1RadReader59)
Two stories in one book:
"Home Sweet Home"
This was a really good story with an underlying message the carried a lot of romance, laughter, tears, suspense, & mystery. Between Dana & Nick the two love interest with Nick's sweet boy who brings them together.
"A Natural Father"
I really enjoyed this stayed for just the Italian family alone. but I enjoyed all the battering that goes on between each of the different characters Lucy (main character) & her sister Rose. Rose & her husband. "
Dana Brantley was not looking for romance or any attachments when she escaped to River Glen. She was seeking a quiet life as the town's new librarian. However, Nick Verone and his ten-year old son had other ideas once they met and began to know Dana. This is a typical Woods romance. Boy meets girl and sparks fly. Obstacles abound and some of them rather daunting, but things always work out for the best. I have enjoyed her novels and enjoyed this one also. However, it was totally predicatble and ...more
The first story started off as the usual romance novel. The message about abuse that was mentioned at the very end of the story could have made this a better more exciting reading had it played a bigger part in the story.

In the second story I could not believe that Dominic was that obsessed with a pregnant woman without mentioning why his first marriage failed. I felt sorry for the brother-in-law wanting children with a wife who could not talk about her issues.
There are 2 different stories in this by Sheryl Woods Edge of Forever which is a hearfelt love story which I already commented on. The other was by Sarah Mayberry A Natural Father which was the first book I have ever read by this author. It was a beautiful love story between Lucy who is pregnant with another man's baby who left her and Dom who has loved Lucy since they were kids. It shows the ups and dopwns of how they get together.
Laura Beasley
The first book by Sherryl Woods was a predictable love story but was pretty good. Dealt with spousal abuse and the affects it has. Drug some. The second book A Natural Father by Sarah Mayberrywas another predictable love story that dealt with betrayal and trust. Liked the close sister relationship. Liked the conflict between the two people and between the sister and her husband. Both stories could be true stories.
Jenn Cunha
It was cute, but I wanted more development of the relationship between them. It didn't seem natural and when Nick shows up in the beginning, it felt like I was thrown in in the middle. It also didn't seem to have an ending, it just kind of faded out. Best part of the book? Tony. There needed to be more of him (and Betsy). I want to read another of Woods' books to see if they are all like this.
Jan 02, 2015 Lea marked it as did-not-finish
I'm DNF'ing this because it's obvious the heroine was in a horribly abusive relationship and the "hero" is not taking no for an answer because he knows best. No means no, even if it's a date or coming in for ice cream. And using your kid to guilt someone into doing something is really crappy.
No thanks. Moving on...
Sandy Forman-Johnson
This book was a double feature.Sherryl Woods is Sherryl Woods, nothing much changes with her to the point of stories being predictable.
A Natural Father was very well written and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
New beginnings. Love. Pain, and finding your way back to yourself after being subjected to abuse. A wonderful story about all of the above.
Oct 05, 2012 Jewett rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Sometimes you want a "comfort" book just like you sometimes want "comfort" food. This is one of those books. Both stories make you feel good.
Edge of Forever was great. I loved the bonus book- A Natural Father as well. It wasn't just another romance. I think I found a new author!
Teresa Colby
loved both of the stories but then agin i havent found any of Sherryl Woods books to be not fantastic!!!
Amy Sabatka
This was an enjoyable but formulaic read. I would recommend this for someone looking for an easy romance.
It was difficult to get into in the beginning, but I read the entire story "Edge of Forever" in one sitting.
only read EOF. I would give it 2.5 stars... I finished it, but skimmed at the end.
I liked both of these stories. Seemed plausible. Characters were real to me.
Both stories very readable and perfect for a long plane trip.
Didn't like the Sherryl Woods story. Still reading Sarah Mayberry.
Enjoyed the bonus book by Sarah Mayberry just as much.
liked the mayberry book best
Paula Costa
Shelves: 2015
Book 8

263 pages
Jul 09, 2012 Teresa added it
  • Husband for Hire (Heart of the West; Bachelor Auction #1)
  • Mad About You
  • A Winter Wonderland
  • The Navy SEAL's Bride
  • Silver Bells: Man of Ice\Heart of Ice
  • There and Now / Marriage at Circle M (includes: Beyond the Threshold, #1)
  • I Left My Heart: A Friend or Two\No Competition
  • The Welcome Home Garden Club (Twilight, Texas, #4)
  • Amber by Night (Silhouette Desire #1495)
  • An Inconvenient Affair (The Alpha Brotherhood, #1)
  • Lady in Black
  • Red Stone Security Series Box Set: Volume 3 (Red Stone Security, #7-9)
  • That Thing Called Love (Razor Bay #1)
  • Montana Actually (Medicine River, #1)
  • On Lavender Lane (Shelter Bay, #3)
  • Rose Gardner Mystery Box Set (Rose Gardner, #1-3.5)
  • Woodrose Mountain (Hope's Crossing,#2)
  • Can't Stop Believing (Harmony, #6)
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...
The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1) Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3) Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores #7) Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)