Start by marking “Nowhere Else” as Want to Read:
Nowhere Else

Nowhere Else

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  200 ratings  ·  26 reviews
On the surface, current affairs reporter Nicola Harvey has the world at her feet — she's at the top of her profession, part of Australian television's celebrity A-list, has a wealthy, successful fiancé and a beautiful warehouse conversion in Adelaide.

But appearances can be deceiving and not all is perfect in Nicola's world. So when her boss offers to send her on an extende
Trade Paperback, 376 pages
Published December 2011 by Mira Books, Australia (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Nowhere Else, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nowhere Else

Brenda
The night that current affairs reporter Nicola Harvey won a highly coveted award for her investigation into a plane crash which had taken the lives of both her parents was an extremely poignant one for her. A sad reminder of all Nicola had lost, but a kind of closing for her as well. It was a shame though that her fiancé Scott didn’t seem to be as excited as she was. But he was a busy man, plus their relationship was such that having been together for eight years, she supposed it didn’t matter m ...more
Kathy
Being from the land myself, i sometimes avoid the 'rural reads' but the publisher's guarantee on the front pulled me in. And from the very first chapter i was hooked. Page after page kept me interested, and although sometimes i could guess the way the story was heading, i still found it so well written and the characters so loveable, that i was interested to see how it did unfold. I do really recommend this one.....
Claire
2.5 Stars

This book was offered as 'Book of the Week' in the Australian iBooks store

I tried so hard to get into this book and to really enjoy it, yet I found it never got close to the promise the blurb offered. For me, Nicola had few redeeming qualities, was stuck up and if I had to read one more complaint about coffee, darrrhling, I was prepared to throw my iPad at the wall.

I found the plot 'twists' were highly predictable and too much of the finer plot points were rushed to be tidied up by the
Lindy
I started off enjoying the book but the more I read the more frustrated I became. It felt like in the beginning the author enjoyed writing the book but then half way through she lost her way and just rushed to finish it. And boy what a disappointing ending. I thought I had pages missing! It has honestly made me not want to read her other novels. The whole book just didn't tie together very well in the end.
MJ
Decent idea, but I found myself skimming early... and a lot.

Extremely predictable, even without the enormous neon flashing comments/hints. Lots of bits just tied up in a bow as soon as convenient instead of finishing their thread. And even just opportunities ignored or missed throughout.

... Most of all was the end. We all knew what was going to happen, and then it did. And that was it... All done... Seriously, I went looking for the rest because obviously the author had 'a moment' and accidental
Terri Stenton
Another great Fiona McCallum book. Could not put it down. Very easy to read. Loving reading books set in Australa.
Kirsty Webb
Recommended if you love a good country story
Wizzfizz
The main character Nicola was a stuck up city princess. I was constantly wishing the worst for her. Besides Jerry the dog and maybe Tiff the barmaid, the other characters were unlikeable, pointless or both. Predictable and disappointing.
Tracy Eldridge
Loved this book. It was audio and I believe that for me the narrator made the whole experience. She used such good expression and didn't try to put on stupid voices for the main character Nicola. It was cleverly written and made me laugh at times. Probably a little predictable and you can pretty much guess what is going to happen but very enjoyable netherless.
Melissa
Set in the small S.A town of Nowhere Else, journalist Nicola Harvey finds more than she bargained for when she is sent to cover the drought for the current affairs program she works for. A nice read!
Kerryn Newbegin
This was a free book from iBooks but I wasn't very impressed. A bit too much fluffy dialogue, and a few too many neat plot twists. Wouldn't read a other in a a hurry.
Jada Andersen
After reading the book I found it very slow and predictable.
Undortunately, it was one of those books which become a chore as I struggled to finish it.
Bettina
Once you get into this book, you can't put it down. Different from other books I've read, but I really enjoyed this one all the same.
Aimz
Picked up this book at the local second hand book shop not expecting much but ended up being very pleasantly surprised!
Kay
An average read. Some chapters better then others. At times a predictable plot, but overall not a bad read.
Vanessa De boer
It took about 3/4 of the way into the book to find an interesting part. Not enough nitty gritty for me.
Gillian Milne
Loved every one of Fiona McCallum's books! Have read them all . Looking forward to some more!
Cathy
Thought it was a good story although the ending was a little too neat
Kim Davidson
Very hard to put down, found any excuse to pick it up and finish it.
Patricia
Loved it..can't wait to read more of Fiona's books.
Pauline
enjoyed , another story about farm and country life
Erika
A good (chick-lit) holiday read.
Rachel
Lighthearted, modern, fluff.
Sonja Sutherland
excellent... a great read
Maria Pryor
loved it great read
Lynette
Lynette marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Amy Howell
Amy Howell marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Anita-maree
Anita-maree marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
  • Bella's Run
  • Heart of Gold
  • Blue Skies
  • Jillaroo (Jillaroo #1)
  • The Girl in Steel-Capped Boots
  • Rosalee Station
  • Wings of Fear (Formerly Border Watch)
  • A Changing Land (Gordon, #2)
  • Morgan's Law
  • Dark Country (Dungirri, #2)
  • Man Drought
Fiona McCallum spent her childhood years on the family cereal and wool farm outside the small town of Cleve on South Australia’s Eyre Peninsula. An avid reader and writer, she decided at the age of nine that she wanted to be the next Enid Blyton! She completed her final years of schooling at a private boarding school in Adelaide.

Having returned to her home town to work in the local council office,
More about Fiona McCallum...
Wattle Creek Saving Grace Paycheque Time Will Tell Meant To Be