Start by marking “Fodor's Ireland 2011” as Want to Read:
Fodor's Ireland 2011

Fodor's Ireland 2011

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  148 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Get inspired and plan your next trip with Fodor’s ebook travel guide to Ireland.

Intelligent Planning
: Discover all of the essential, up-to-date travel insights you expect in a Fodor’s guide, including Fodor’s Choice dining and lodging, top experiences and attractions, and detailed planning advice.

Easy Navigation for E-Readers
: Whether you’re reading this ebook from start
Published May 31st 2011 by Fodor's (first published January 12th 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Fodor's Ireland 2011, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fodor's Ireland 2011

Suzanne Barrett
Feb 12, 2011 Suzanne Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you’re planning to spend a week or two in Ireland, this would be a good guide to introduce you to the wonderful island. It’s chock-full of small essays on various aspects of the regions and culture with planners, good-but-not-great photos and a pull-out map.

You’ll get an overview of major attractions, information about the major towns with a brief section on places to stay with starred top recommendations. A table of contents is sectioned in twelve parts, starting with “Experience Ireland” wh
Arlene
Apr 24, 2012 Arlene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought the Kindle edition of this book for our recent trip to Ireland, rather than carrying heavy travel books on this trip. I found it frustrating to use, although it seemed to contain the necessary information.

The most significant complaint I have is that there is no index, so finding information is difficult. I used it primarily in the evenings to read about the next day's sights, to be able to choose which of the sights to see in our limited time. The only way to find things was to use the
Steven Peterson
Jan 05, 2011 Steven Peterson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have never been to Ireland. But if I do make that trip some day, this book would be a valuable help to me. Fodor's travel books are a pretty good product, very consistent. This is no different.

The book is organized sensibly enough: a generic introduction to Ireland, and then a region by region treatment. At the regional level (e.g., Dublin, the Midlands, the Northwest, Northern Ireland), the reader is introduced to placves to stay, places to eat, places to visit. There are many maps, which hel
Lenny Husen
Poor. Not very good, but not awful. Would never buy another Fodor Travel Guide after buying the England and Ireland. Map was useless pretty much. Next time, will buy Lonely Island instead or Rick Steve.
Positives: color photos. some information on hotels and detailed information on main sights.
The Book of Kells is NOT the number one attraction in Dublin, despite what this idiot says multiple. The entire country would have to be ashamed if it were.
Lara
Feb 19, 2012 Lara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Certainly the most comprehensive guide book I've picked up on Ireland so far. It's really well organized, has fantastic photos, and a lot more information on just about everything than I've seen in any other book so far. I borrowed a copy from the library, but I'm definitely planning on buying my own copy to take with us on our trip.
Lady
May 11, 2011 Lady rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, celtic
Detailed explanations of places of interest, places to eat, and the best ways to get around, with some cultural and historical information thrown in. One of the best guidebooks (and guidebook companies) you could possibly buy to help plan a trip.
Conner
Oct 11, 2013 Conner rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, travel
Pretty decent travel book with lots of pictures. It helped plan a great trip to Ireland but some parts are somewhat misleading. I would recommend it to anyone thinking about taking a trip there, just don't use it as your only resource.
Cris
Apr 19, 2009 Cris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my three favorite Irish travel guides. My favorite feature is "Fodor's Choice" ratings which highlight places and events the editor's particularly recommend along with an explanation of *why* they recommend it.
Dee Renee  Chesnut
Jan 06, 2012 Dee Renee Chesnut rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
There are lots of maps for walking in Dublin. I consider buying this so that I can rip out the sections I might need for the day I will be in Dublin.
Shanay Brown
Feb 07, 2012 Shanay Brown rated it liked it
Just in case I get selected for Special Convention in Dublin =) Whooohoooo I'm going to Dublin in July!
Karen
May 21, 2010 Karen is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I've learned there is way too much to see and two weeks isn't going to be enough time.
Madelyn
Sep 24, 2007 Madelyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
Found it kind of boring and hard to skim when planning our upcoming trip to Ireland.
Kaitlin
Jul 01, 2011 Kaitlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
Can't wait to live in this beautiful country this September!! Already in love.
Michael Tambasco
Mar 13, 2012 Michael Tambasco rated it liked it
Lots of beautiful pictures has me very excited to visit.
Alex Rivas
Mar 17, 2011 Alex Rivas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: traveling-guide
very useful guide
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
TheEmptySky
TheEmptySky marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Thomas Brown
Thomas Brown rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
Hayden Columbine
Hayden Columbine marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Yasameen
Yasameen rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Colleen Bell
Colleen Bell marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Bev Beal Loeck
Bev Beal Loeck rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Megan Flinn
Megan Flinn marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Liz Jesse
Liz Jesse rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
  • Rick Steves' Best of Europe 2007
  • Jaywalking with the Irish
  • Hawaii the Big Island Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook
  • Eyewitness Travel Guides - Ireland
  • Ireland (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Butterflies
  • Matrix Computations (Johns Hopkins Studies in the Mathematical Sciences)
  • The Book of Runes
  • Introduction to Quantitative Genetics
  • A Natural History of the Sonoran Desert
  • MySQL Cookbook
  • Introduction to Bioinformatics
  • A Field Guide to Irish Fairies
  • A Field Guide to Wildflowers: Northeastern and North-central North America
  • A Field Guide to Reptiles and Amphibians: Eastern and Central North America
  • Algorithms on Strings, Trees and Sequences: Computer Science and Computational Biology
  • The Wizard of Oz: The Official 75th Anniversary Companion